Do you get annoyed when someone could not seem to spell properly?

I don't mind if they abbreviate certain words and I could understand it, but sometimes these people (not only on GAG, in real life too) seem to love to spell like this 👉 Hi h0W r eu? Wot r eu 2ing nw? Y3r i b0r3d. (let's hope this don't get removed as grammar) 👈 No jokes, I have friends that type things like that and I have to constantly ask them to spell it properly.

What's nice about spelling things this way when you could just spell it properly?

Most Helpful Guy

• If there is one thing my mother always made sure of
    it was to correct grammatical errors.

I used to do it as well.. But now my brain
    just reads it right, regardless. ^.~

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it kinds of get on my nerves. I myself use short forms of certain words too, but I make sure that people could understand what I'm trying to say.

I used to have a friend that spells like this and constantly updates her facebook status with all these of spellings that I could barely understand what the heck she's trying to say. I ended up unfollowing her posts on timeline (still friends on facebook) just so that I don't need to go through all the trouble scrolling through her posts. Mind you tho, she literally updates her status few times per hour. I know that younger kids in primary school would do this to look cool, but seriously, people that are 16/17 and still doing this? What are you, or we? A five year old kid?

• could still*

these spellings* ignore the 'of' please.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes that stuff pisses me off. What gets me more is if someone who migrated here 20+ years ago and still can't speak and write English completely fluently.

• @Klaatu51 should be able to answer this.

• u know how i write in MyTakes don't u?

• and it's not "bad grammar"... if u r familiar wid reggae/hip-hop/house music... and generally black music... they use often "dat" instead of "that"..."dis" instead of "this"..."wid" instead of "with"... etc... on their lyrics...

it's a different form of English... dis... ;)

• The majority of the world's population doesn't speak "black music".

• Uh, I have never seen anyone I know type in 1337speak or write in it. So I can't relate.

• English isn't my first language... so I'm little weak in grammar and I have some accent problems too 😶?

• If they do it a lot then yes

• i can sell poperly you know not how to you spells though yeah right?

What Girls Said 5

• I have a friend who sends messages like this to me and spells like this on facebook and it annoyed me to the point I blocked her posts from my timeline because just attempting to read it gave me a headache. I can understand doing it if you're in middle school to be "cool" but people my age ( 20's) doing it all the time in my opinion is a bit annoying.

• Yeah. I literally lose a significant amount of respect if someone writes lyke dis. What are we, 5 year olds? So not cute. So very retarded. Don't insult my intelligence my talking to me using baby language.

• Hi h0W r eu? Wot r eu 2ing nw? Y3r i b0r3d.
    Now that is over the top... It's like they're doing on purpose

• Lol yes I find it very annoying

• I know, it really pisses me off ಠ_ಠ