How do you handle criticism (insults, judgements, critiques...) ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I listen to what is said and try to see if they are possibly accurate. Then weather it is or not I roll my eyes about the asshole brining it to my attention then I get on with my day. I don't dwell, I don't freak out, I suck it up and move on.

• I should learn how to do that. I'm trying to get rid of my impulsiveness.

• Honestly, just keep quiet about it. Think whatever you want and cuss them out in your mind but keep it to yourself, that way your the better person.

What Girls Said 3

• Way worse than I should.

• i ignore them.

• If my boss says something needs improving it's fine and I handle it well.

My mother and sister constantly picking on me is another matter. I should apparently change how I dress because it isn't sophisticated enough and feeling strongly about anything other than God is a sign of needing to grow up.

So I just keep out of their way to be honest.

What Guys Said 5

• I flaming dog shit their house the next night.

Fuck you, I can preform The single scoop strawberry cone with a chocolate dip without your criticism.

• That depends very much on the type of criticism. There's constructive and destructive criticism. If somebody is just being an asshole and insulting me, I obviously can't take the criticism serious and defend myself (I have a very strong sense of justice). However, if the criticism is stated in a constructive way, I can accept and admit to it very well. I think I'm able to take constructive criticism very well without getting annoyed or defensive.

• Just always remember when they say or call you something doesn't mean it has to be true

• I don't really care about the negative ones, if they're rude and meant to hurt you

• The thing is, I'm very sensitive so I take these insults seriously and try to rationalize them (like how my behavior contributed to such a response).

• I've been realizing that I get myself into these situations so I'm trying to avoid any potential future confrontations that lead to a breakdown of rationality.

• I don't tend to avoid confrontation, but if your partner can't control her or his emotions and just yells right away... then I'd just 'let it rest' and talk it out when the other cooled off.

• depends how it's stated...