Why do so many people takes selfies in the bathroom?

I don't get it. Don't they have a mirror in their bedroom? -_- It really annoys me whenever a guy/girl post their bathroom selfies on Social Networking Sites. Some people don't even put toilet seat lud down before taking selfies, lol. It's bit.. tacky

Lid down*

Most Helpful Guy

• Se7en reasons why people takes selfies in the bathroom :-
    ☻Not everyone is rich like you :/
    ☻Far better lightning ✨
    ☻It is more personal place. No disturbance.🙅
    ☻Full length mirror. 🙆
    ☻We want to show the Apple logo, we need mirror for that. 🍎
    ☻Kill the boredom. Some people don't go there to take selfies. It is Twist of Fate.💩
    ☻Easy access to water and shit to clean the face. 💧 (shit = random things. Not the ones in background) :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't take photos in the bathroom, but this is the best idea I can come up with for why some people do it. I think it's just usually where the biggest mirror (and maybe the best lighting) is for a good number of people. Of course, yes, there are better places to take photos and people should look before taking photos anywhere. You see it all the time - the toilet seat lid is up, the counter is messy, the room is messy, personal items are noticeable, etc...

• Exactly. It's kind of embarassing to see.. Lol. It's not like they take it only once. Many guys and girls take too many bathroon selfies and post it like 3-4 times a week. I never comment but it isn't vert umm.. appealing

• @larry69 Haha, thanks! I appreciate your support.

@Asker You're welcome! Glad I could help out!

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 21

• "Don't they have a mirror in their bedroom"
    Actually I don't lol
    The only mirror I have in the entire house is in the washroom.

• But you all your selfies are quite decent.
      I'm just talking about people who takes selfies even when their bathroom is messy, all the products on the floor, toilet seat lid up.. It's kind of awkward when they post it and ask me "how do I look? Do you like my new selfie" lol

• Cos I'm not using a mirror lol
      If I have to use a mirror , say... one of those semi-narcissistic bodyshot things I used to do
      Now that I don't have a full body mirror anymore , I have to use the bathroom one.

• On the list of reasons not to do it, many of the mirrors are filthy. Makes everything look bad.

And many people use public restrooms to take their selfies. Lots of distracting things in many of them, including other people often. Just waiting for some guy to do that and have the guys at the urinals in the picture.

By the way, love your avatar. You have such beautiful big eyes and such a cute nose. lol

• LOL!!! Thank you :p People do say that I have really lovely big eyes, but they say my nose is really small 😶😔 It makes me so insecure :( 😂😂

• Hey. Just because I like small boobs does not mean that I prefer big noses. I always say, "Little is beautiful!" But then again, big eyes are beautiful!

• Lol! That's so cute :)

• ya know, there's something about a bathroom that makes a human want to whip out a camera and take a picture of themselves.

• I actually don't have a mirror in my bedroom.. The only mirrors in my house are in the bathrooms. I guess whenever I enter the bathroom and gaze at the beauty and majesty that is my face, I just have to pull out my phone and snap a few pics despite of the fact that bathrooms are gross.

• I guess, only girls have a mirror in their bedroom 😳 I have mirror in almost every room. Even in living, o_o

• Ah! That's good. I just don't like it when people post such selfies and tag me (and some other folks) in it. Because they want us to give them compliments or something. Lol. Messy background bothers me xD

Well, thank you for answering!

• You're very welcome.

• That surprises me a lot too - Most peoples' best mirrors are in their bedroom - As for toilet seat up or down, different people - If it was me I would spend 5 minutes checking everything in background was neat and tidy.

• Some guys on here said they don't have a mirror in their bedroom... 😳
      Exactly, they should at least make sure that the background is neat and clean before taking picture. Get the personal items out of the way, It's kind of embarrassing to look at, and very awkward when people post their bathroom selfie and ask me, how do I look? Do you like my new selfie? 😳

• I think I saw one where there was a surprise in the toilet 🙊😅 A lot of people don't have a full length mirror in their bedroom.

• LOL!!! Unfortunately, I saw that one too.. D: 😩 😳😂
      Ah, I just wish people make sure that the room is neat and tidy before taking pics. Lol. It gets so awkward when some people take bathroom selfie (bathroom is very messy) and ask me "how do I look? Did you like my new selfie?😳

• Maybe that pic is pretty infamous.

I know. I've wanted to comment on their toilet two feet away from them lol

• LMHO!! 😂

• My ex-girlfriend took a picture of herself in the bathroom and it was stupid! It was her flashing herself over the sink in front of the mirror. I could only see that and the shower curtain. Some people don't have half a damn brain in their head to not do stupid things like that!

• I think they need the mirror :D
    Or maybe it's the only room in the house that isn't cluttered hahaha 8)

• I don't know its dumb I guess its cause they can be all alone while taking a pic of themselves while naked or half naked or whatever lol

• Because we like to get naaaaaked! * flings off bikini *...*wonders why bikini was on* 0_o

• No, I don't have a mirror in my bedroom and the one in the bathroom is really big. but I use the front camera so it doesn't really matter if there's a mirror or not.

• Ah! That's nice. It doesn't bother me when people take selfies in bathroom, what bothers me is the messy background. Some personal items and open seat.. is kind of embarassing, lol.
      Thanks for answering :)

• there exist so many selfies taken in really messy bedrooms... I don't think that's much better :p
      but yes it might look better than a toilet lol

• LOL, yeah 😂

• Cuz I look better after peeing. Don't judge me!!!

• I don't have a mirror in my bedroom though. ._.

• The lighting is best.

• Well, I wish some people would take few minutes to check if everything was neat and tidy before taking a picture. 😳

• Genie not everyone is classy as you

• ...😳 You're teasing me, aren't you? :/ lol.

• Omg..😳 lol.

• I'm not snoopy! Lol

• 1 word describing every word in your question: trend

• I definitely don't have a mirror in my bedroom, although I don't take mirror selfies (or any selfies, except when GAG asks for one).

• I thought you said you had no mirror in your bathroom for a sec...

• @ZombieCommie I do, but I'd probably be better off without one. I could hang a nice painting there instead, something I actually wanted to look at.

Also your profile picture should be a zombie version of your face :D

• What if it's a painting of you? Haha

And good idea :)

• that's where mirrors are

• What... D: People don't have mirror in their bedroom o_O

• I have one in my hall way but people also think I'm gay because of a lot of the things I do. Most men don't have more than just the mirror bathroom

• Them lights could make you look better

• Just an excuse. You know... ''shitty" backround.

• My favorite bathroom selfies are when the tampons are showing in the background

• ... Why do you always talk about periods ajd stuff, lol

• I just stated facs and its what I think is attractive on a beautiful women

What Girls Said 18

• The lighting in my washroom is much better and more conducive to the shitty cameras on most phones (most don't have a flash). So I would take one in there as well. You'd never know it was the washroom though since the mirror is right in front of the door, lol.

• I actually don't have a mirror in my bedroom. I have a master suite bathroom attached to my room, and there is a huge mirror in there. But I don't usually take selfies. If I do, it's in my bedroom or outside somewhere. But yeah... I feel you on some of the bathroom selfies and the toilets ha.

• Lol. Yeah, it's embarrassing to look at their pictures when their personal items and stuff are visible in pics.😳 Some people should make sure the background is neat before taking pic 😂

• Yes, I have felt this way as well haha. I felt really bad when some guys tried sending me pics but didn't clean up their sink or something. I'm detail-oriented, so I notice.

• Me too. It really bothers me.

• Eh I actually don't have any mirror in my bedroom lol. There's only four mirrors in the entire house, one in my housemate's bedroom, in both the bathrooms and my walk in wardrobe. But I never fancied taking pictures with the mirror -.- I'd rather not take any at all.

• LOL! I don't like taking pictures in front of a mirror too. I prefer to use front camera

• Ahah ikr! My rear camera is literally only for me to snap scenery and my friends candid shots xD

• That's why I call you little sister because we have so much in common 😂☺

• Mm I don't have a long mirror in my bedroom. Not after seeing red eyes in the dressing mirror in my old house, I've never wanted to buy a mirror for my bedroom ever again.

Plus my bathroom is pretty neat and tidy, and it's no where near my toilet. I have more personal things in my bedroom then in my toilet I rather not let the whole world to see on here.

• Well people actually take selfies on other places than the bathroom
    I have seen more car and work selfies than bathroom selfies. I think some people who take them in the bathroom do it because they get better lighting and bathrooms usually have a white background so they can show the colors on their outfits better

• I'm not saying everyone take selfies in bathroom. I said some people and they post at least 3-4 bathroom selfies on SNS every week.
      Ah, better lighting... Thanks for answering :)

• it's probably where their only and/or biggest mirror is

i remember when i was in the dorms my second year, i was the only person on my floor with a full-length mirror and sometimes people would knock just to check themselves out in it

i agree, people should find a better place for a photo or at least take the picture from a different lens angle

• It's kind of embarrassing to look at the pics. And it's really awkward when some of them ask me "how do I look? Does my new selfie look cute?". people should at least clean their bathroom, put the toilet seat before taking selfies. Lol

• Yeah I'm with you on the toilet thing, pout and pose all you like girlies, that open toilet just makes you look like a hooker killing time while she waits for a client.

• Exactly!! Lol.. Hooker..😂😂. It grosses me out when people don't get rid of the clutter clean the counter and turn the toilet seat down.
      by the way, I'm really glad you are back :)
      Many users really missed you!!

• I had very lax parents... I think if I were to have kids I'd be quite the opposite, ha! I was a real handful as a teenager, I couldn't be doing with that with my own kids.

• Oh! Haha.. Nice :p :)

• I don't have a mirror in my bedroom. I don't want to use the bathroom one because it's awkward.. Which is why all my pictures end up all awkward and up close. 😔

My step brother always used my bathroom. He said it had good lighting. Plus there was a double door closet, so nobody could tell it was a bathroom.. lol

• LOL! And yes, it's so awkward to look at the pictures of those who take selfies in their bathroom, their toilet seat lid up, all the personal products lying on floor and stuff. It's embarrassing to look at 😳

• maybe cuz they feel light and clean.. :P

• Maybe they're just so proud of their bathrooms?
    Lol I have no idea.. but aye, #bathroompride2015

• "Maybe they're just so proud of their bathrooms?"
      Omg, LOL!! Yes, I think some people really like their bathroom, 😂

• haha oh come on it's not that bad haha, just kidding but seriously I don't get it either?

• Lol! It's not bad as long as they keep their bathroom counter clean tidy and toilet seat lid down. But most people either forget to clean their bathroom before taking selfies...😳

• haha very true

• I don't know why people take selfies on the first place...

• I take selfies..😳 whenever I feel cute/pretty. All my teenage photos are lost.. So I Just save these pictures so when I get older.. I'll look at these selfies, pics with loved ones and smile 😳 lol

• Hold onto the youth 😉

• Hehe, I will try ;p lol :)

• Lol I haven't seen those selfies in a while.

• People post bathroom selfies on FB all the time :/ lol

• Actually I don't have a mirror in my room -__-
    I use the reversed mirror on my phone

• I have mirrors in my bedroom, but I prefer to take my pictures using my front camera.. XD

• by the way, cool username. Lol. I'm HP fan, so I really like your username 😂🙊

• Because it's fun. :D

• I don't mind but it's the messy background that sometimes bothers me. Some people forget to put down toilet seat and clear all the cluttee before taking pic. And it's embarassing when they post it and ask me "do you like my new selfie" 😳🙊

• Lol that's true though. 😂 I try to clean up mine before I take it

• That's good.. Haha :)

• It doesn't bother me. Sometimes I do it too, just depends where I am getting myself ready.

• It's cool but some people should take 5 minutes to make sure that the background is nice and tidy.. not cluttered and the toilet seat up. It doesn't really leave good impression on people. It's awkward when some of my FB friends post their bathroom selfie and ask me how do they look. I can't help but notice all the cluttered background..

• I've never realized how true this is hahaha.

• There's good lighting and it's like a trend lol 😂