What language do you want to learn, and why?

Which language do you want to learn? Other? Please specify.

• Chinese
  • Japanese
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Arabic

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Spanish would be more useful for me.

What Girls Said 14

• I already know some of these. Not fluently, but enough to understand and hold conversations. So out of this list, I'd like to learn more Japanese next. I'd love to visit Japan some day, especially Kyoto, Tokyo, Shikoku, Northern Honshū (Tōhoku), and more. I think going tot he cherry blossom festival (hanami) would be nice.

http://i.imgur.com/PiJmgnW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dEdynxZ.jpg

• First of, it's Mandarin*. Chinese is referring to the people of China.

Anyways, from this list, I'd most probably go with Spanish. I already know the former three, and I'm learning Spanish currently. Spanish would be a useful language since its one of the most spoken languages in the world, also, it's very beautiful.

• Ehhhh no. My girlfriend is Chinese , living in China and she speaks chinese... She doesn't say "Mandarin". Mandarin is a dialect of the Chinese language.

• @schnipdip Chinese is the people of China. And Chinese has lots of other dialects - Cantonese, Hainanese, Shanghainese, Hokkien, Mandarin etc.

• For practical reasons German would be the best choice.
    But I still want to learn either Japanese or Korean. XD

• French. Even though I've taken taken way back in my HS years and then years later at college (after not practicing it for years), my accent still sucks and I get lost if I see a video of them talking fast.

I don't think I'll ever be fluent in French unless I were speaking to native French speakers for a long time. I already know both English and Spanish.

• German and Japanese.
    And Finnish - but this one solely for my own pleasure. =)

• Tried finnish but that is even harder then croatian

• I study Italiano, French and German, but not fluent in any. .
    FRENCH is the language of romant, my fav

• Portuguese and Japanese. ^^

• Honestly, if my future husband is not Arab, I'll probably just want to learn his language.

• I like Russian and Chinese

• I'd like to learn Swedish, but Japanese is the second language I want to learn so I picked that.

• Arabic because it would be useful for my job. I'll soon be working on a Middle Eastern airline.

• Iknow arabic, french and English im cool like that (;

• I want to perfect my italian... Im italian lol

• Sign language & because my uncle is deaf

What Guys Said 14

• Spanish. and French. and german.

• Japanese because I want to read manga and watch anime.

• In following order:
    German - Cantonese - Arabic - Mandarin - French - Japanese - Spanish - Russian

If I learn any two of these... I'd consider my life successful :P

• French, I suck at it and want to be fluent in it especially since it's Canada's second official language.
    I also want to learn Spanish because of all the Spanish speakers in the world.

• Russian because i want to go to russia and it would be nice to speak with my russian speaking friends in russian

And further i want to speak better german

• Got most of that list covered, no Arabic or Mandarin/Cantonese, though. For some reaosn, I don't like German, it just sounds... I don't know.. doesn't sound good. Must be my ears.

• I'd love to learn Japanese, I really like there culture and I watch a lot of Animes too where it would help. And I wanna travel to Japan one day.
    German and French I can already speak and there other ones listed don't really interest me.

• Chinese for my girlfriend and Japanese for my guilty pleasures

• I think french

• Spanish because its spoken almost everywhere that i want to travle :P

• I would learn Spanish

• Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ;)

• ı want french because of it has very lovely sounds

• All of the above, but I kinda prefer Chinese, Russian and Japanese, they look more exotic ;)

• Is Croatian similar to Russian or is it very different?
      I know Serbian and Bulgarian sound like a very weird version of Russian.

• It's a bit similar to Russian, more than Serbian, although, I think Bulgarian is the most similar to Russian.