Are you a picky eater?

I know I am, even towards some of my mom's cooking she ocasionally makes. I would absolutely not eat anything at all that looks and smells like a piece of rotten human carcass.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not a picky eater at all. I love to eat and most of all, I am a very open minded person and love to try out new things, also when it comes to culinary experiences. The only thing I probably wouldn't eat are some of the things they eat in south east Asia such as fried bugs and maggots and that sort of stuff. Apart from that, I eat pretty much anything, whether it's exotic or something very traditional of my own culture.

By the way: pickiness is not something you're stuck with. If people claim that they were just born this way, then they are wrong. Pickiness can be cured. The brain can be trained to new foods (the same way it can be trained to use new technologies for example). By eating something you don't like over and over again, you create new synaptic connections in your brain and tell your brain that this something interesting. I did exactly that with olives. Growing up, I used to hate olives. My dad is Greek and so my family eats a lot of olives and my friends always made fun of me, saying "how can you be half Greek and not like olives? That's like being Italian and hating pizza". So for several years I tried it again and again to eat olives and the more I tried, the more used I got to the taste. Eventually, I sort of started enjoying them and nowadays I absolutely love them and don't understand how I could ever not have liked them ;-).

What Girls Said 10

• Extremely picky. I can't help it, my mouth was born this way.

• Im definitely not a picky eater, though neither would I " eat anything at all that looks and smells like a piece of rotten human carcass."

• I am not a picky eater. I eat everything unless it is..
    1) not vegetarian
    2) cheese
    3) broccoli
    4) lentils
    5) too sweet or greasy 😷

• i will eat anything as long as its not sauerkraut i really hate sauerkraut. i once tried fried calamari and it was delicious all you picky eaters are missing out.

• Absolutely picky.

• I used to be picky, but I changed a lot in that regard
    Every now and then though I can be like 'Mmm... Nah'.

• I'm a vegetarian, but if you don't count meat I'm not a picky eater. I love eating and I eat everything! (Apart from meat lol)

• i will not eat foods with too much dairy
    otherwise, i'm not a picky eater

• Oh yeah.. lol. Extremely.
    My family gives me shit for it all the time.

• I tend to like food that is a little more exotic or unusual. I don't like having something too often or it starts tasting bad. Anyone else have this problem?

What Guys Said 1

• Somewhat I am yeah.