Why do all people hate their careers?

I have seen doctors, teachers, office workers and almost everyone I met in my life , they hated their jobs

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Not enough variety and it can become mundane. Not everyone feels this way, my dad loves his job and he's been doing it for over 30 years. Also if people go into certain careers for the wrong reasons, and they don't love what they do, they'll realize money isn't everything and hate it.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect that even if you love the notion of the line of work that you're going into, having to do it for 8 hours, each and every day, should be jading even to those with the strongest wills.

Probably the lack of independence and scope for self expression, also. You constantly have to have a professional face on, your very ability to shelter, feed and clothe your family depend on it! So you can't really speak your mind (say something averse to the party line, and you're... finished), there's usually horrible rigid bureaucratic structures in place; so for 8 hours a day, you have your public face on, and frankly, it's exhausting and unnatural.

And what can we say about teaching? Every one I've spoken to hates the bureaucracy, over-scrutiny and constant testing. It's surely a profession that has lost its essence, for both parties. Can you imagine a situation in which people went into education to actually learn and become interested in the world, to have their horizons expanded; rather than for it to be a mechanistic and process based affair, where the only raison d'etre for learning is to out-compete your peers, and hopefully be lucky enough to get on the housing ladder before 30.

Of course, it's important to foster appreciation. We're certainly well off compared to many, in the Western world. But imagine how rich things could be (not just materially), if we got our priorities straight, and questioned, truly questioned, why on earth we are doing what we are doing for the entirety of our waking lives.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• 1) Because they got into it for the wrong reason (s)

2) They had unrealistic expectations going into it, and took no measures to correct them.

3|1
    0|0
  • Office worker - Barely paid enough.
    Doctors - Watch people die, and deal with craziest. Some aren't paid enough.
    Teachers - Barely paid at all, get tons of lay offs and pay cuts, and deal with kids and teens who act like they weren't raised properly (some kids, not all kids).

Any other questions?

0|1
    0|0
  • because things get diffrerent that what they were thinking and too much pressure

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the system has been failing, and its up to them how to cope with keeping the faculties and hospitals running sustainably.

0|1
    0|0
  • The stress gets to them?

0|1
    0|0
  • Decisions. Not everybody does but I bet you will find at least one person in each proffesion that exist that hates their job or profession.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• There is a few types of people when it comes to this.

1. The type that just has days where they say they hate their job in the heat of the moment. For example, they are overloaded with work and stressed out.

2. The type of people that actually do hate their job but would be happy in another job.

3. Then the type of people that hate every single job they are ever in. This type of person needs to suck it up and just get on with it. This type of person needs to change their attitude.

1|1
    0|0
  • Become it is a job. It gets old fast, and you always have to do it weather your in the mood or not

1|3
    0|0
  • yes, that is true. Maybe they are too tired of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • because , they knows they are not important people at life. it makes them unimportant

0|1
    0|0