Are you an atheism-o-phobic?

If yes, why? Why are you afraid of atheists?

• No, I'm not.
  • I'm already an atheist.
  • Yes, I am.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm atheist and I'm harmless. :)

What Girls Said 5

• i am christian but i don't try to convert atheists one of my atheist friends told me i am very open-minded, and it is by for the best compliment i have ever received.

• Well I don't believe in god or other deities. I'm only scary when i'm mad. :D

• Well i'm deist. I'm afraid of puritans more than atheists.

• I'm not afraid of atheist, at least not the harmless ones.

• I am not an atheist or afraid of atheists. But I don't necessarily like them. Only on the simple fact that since they don't believe in any sort of God or higher power, they feel the need to press people into their beliefs and everyone who does believe in a God is considered 'below' them.

• No, that's not true. You're talking about evangelical atheists, who I agree are annoying as hell, but they are a noisy minority. Most atheists don't give a shit what you believe.

• @Transigence well the Atheists I have met do nothing but judge my religion and tell me I am wrong for believing in God and then proceed to give me "scientifically evidence" "proving" God isn't real. I don't care what anyone's religion is. Its a "Don't ask don't tell" thing for me. I don't want anyone pushing their religion on me and I won't push mine of them. But its the people who make out I'm wrong that piss me off. The only people who've done this so far are Atheists and Jahovah Witnesses.

What Guys Said 14

• No, but I get it. In college, for example, if you were a Christian you were bullied RELENTLESSLY. There was no one more smug and mean than the "I'm the only person in the world with my eyes open" anti-religious zealots.

I've said it before: the negative stigma with atheists comes from the fact that you don't know they're an atheist unless they shoehorn it in to a conversation or wear a shirt that says "fight me". So that's the image people see.

With religious people, you see churches, charities, people wearing encouraging shirts, saying "God loves you", and stuff like like that in addition to the bad stuff.

There's really nothing to be done about it, because when atheists organize in the exact same fashion as a religious group, they've become hypocrites.

• Why would anyone be afraid of Atheists?

If anything, Atheists can be stoned to death and killed by the followings of some religions, So... They're the ones who should be scared xD

• Of course not, they won't tell me that it's okay to stone people to death because they had sex outside of marriage or whatever. I have never known any atheists who harbored any such beliefs, especially because marriage itself is only necessary for religious people..

• What's an atheist-phobe? Someone who's afraid of atheists? Why would you be afraid of atheists? We don't bite mostly.

• No I just dislike anyone that tries to demean others for having different views from them and are dogmatic about what they believe. That can go for religious people or atheists.

• This is why I am agnostic. Completely neutral potion and also the most universally accepted. Plus I don't really care about religion.

• No i'm an atheist anyway but I don't see any reason to be. If you do then I would love to hear why :)

• Because the gods are very human.

• Congratulations you have asked the stupidest question I've seen on this site.

• It's not the atheists, not the religious

WE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT THE TREES, MAN!

• Who's afraid of people?
    What would they do?

• I'm already an atheist.

• I'm not scared of them, I just find them annoying and don't like them.

• No I'm not. Isn't there a better term for that though?

• Not really... but as a Muslim I do get a lot of hate from some athiests!
    But of course not every atheist is Islam-o-phobic!

• I'll never understand why Muslims don't look into why people are distrustful towards them.

• @Mesonfielde The entire class ( Muslims ) is being held back from lunch because of a few idiots!