What's wrong with seeing transgendered people as the gender they were born rather than wanted to be?

Like I don't descriminate them, but at the same time, if a man is born as a man or female as female, that's how I always see them, no matter how much surgery they have or how much they feel the need that they're the other gender. Like what's so wrong with not believing their identity as the truth? Like people can present themselves however they want, but at the end of the day, we end up percieving them through our individual perspectives, so why does the media get so angry that some people don't believe in the transgendered thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you completely. It's not a matter of looking down at these people or push them over, no not at all. Quite the opposite these people need serious help, they have deep psychological problems and they weren't ever able to accept themselves.

You know, some people are born without limbs, or with a serious desfiguration yet a completely normal, healthy male/female not feeling happy with their own functional body, their own gender, is insulting and sad.

Invert your penis, revert your vagina... Do whatever surgical mutilations you'd like on your body... Just know you CANNOT change your genetics, never. It is impossible to do so. Just as someone prone to diabetes can't... You also can't, born a man or a woman will be transcripted on every single cell of your body and that is nothing you can change. And that's the simple reason why most people won't look transgenders normally, it isn't logical to go against scientific facts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know someone from high school who's transgender, and it hurt her so much when people refused to call her by her chosen name and pronouns. It made her feel rejected and dismissed. It made her hate her body more, reminded her of all her insecurities. She felt disrespected.

Not passing judgement here, just letting you know... that's probably why.

• If a person wants to be called a certain gender, i wouldn't go to them and say that i don't think they're the gender they want to be. I would probably even call them how they want to be called. I don't like hurting people, but i can't change the fact that i don't believe they're the identity they prefer to be rather than the one they were born into.

• I get that. But rejection of their identity, refusal to dissociate them from their biological sex, is going to hurt no matter what your intention is. It's still going to bring up insecurities and self-hatred.

If you don't want to hurt them, it's probably best not to mention that you don't think their identity is valid, that's all. :/

What Guys Said 7

• The same for me. They cane have all the surgery they want and they may even end up looking 100% like a woman and with a vagina AND the ability to become pregnant - but if they were born with a penis, they're still a man in my eyes and there's no way I'm going to ever agree to a relationship with them.

• I will probably always see them as transgender and neither man nor woman. But I have no personal experience with any so that could be the reason. I'm not really aware of them because they don't affect my life at all, so I have never really thought hard about my personal stance on the matter. I would think that surgeries do matter however.

• i get where you are coming from. And agree

i discriminate against them though, i think this Transgender promotion and acceptance really is harmful to society, all transgenders have mental health issues

• why do you discriminate though? That could cause them pain for the rest of their lives

• Maybe for you descriminating isn't a big deal, but a lot of people who were bullied for being transgendered commit suicide.

• Thats why i think transgenders should go seek out psychiatrists and have some mental health issues figured out, before proceeding with altering their bodies with hormones etc

I dont think people want to face the facts that being transgender, is a mental illness manifested into a physical body, it should be treated like a mental illness.

its sad that these people commit suicide often, but not surprising since in my opinion, they already suffer from various mental health disorders

• I'm the same I dont care if they change their penis for a vagina or whatever BUT still a man to me and I will reffer to them as such.

• There cool

• It doesn't make sense!

If a woman is trapped in a man's body as they say. Then whatever they do, they'll always be trapped in that body.
    They're just customising themselves.

• I agree. Bruce Jenner is still Bruce Jenner to me. Can't change that. People who are that way have a illness. They probably hate themselves.

What Girls Said 4

• It's because it might really hurt those people - just imagine you were born as a guy but you feel like a girl, identify as a girl and go through the whole painful and extremely time consuming process of actually becoming a girl and then someone walks up to you and says "hey, I don't care if you feel or look like a girl now because the fact that you were once born as a boy will always make you a boy to me." - do you realise how immature and mean such a comment could be to them?

• i totally agree with you.. they just ruin themselves..

• Im with you totally

• Nothing is wrong with that!!