How do you feel about public speaking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually quite like it :-). I enjoy the rush of adrenaline you get right before you start your speech. I took speech class in high school when I was in America as an exchange student and my teacher (she was generally a very nice person) kept telling the class that they should take me as an example because I'm so good and at the end of the year they gave me this little award for the best speaker... which was super sweet but also made me feel a little shy and bad for everyone else who didn't get it ;-).
    I think my pleasure of speaking publicly is directly connected to my love for acting. For example in that exchange year in America I also played a main character in the annual musical and now at university I am in the drama group of my department. I think everyone (including the best public speakers in the world) know this uncomfortable anxiety you get right before you have to get up front and start addressing the crowd. What helps me a lot to overcome this fear and nervousness is mentally stepping out of my own body and moving into character if you will. I would try to tell myself that for the next 15 minutes or so, I'm not myself (the real person of myself is somewhere different... maybe at home or in the audience or wherever I think would be a nice place to be at that moment). Instead, the person standing up front, holding the speech is a character like in a movie or a theater play. This might seem a little odd but it helps to feel less awkward because if something embarrassing happens, it's easier to tell myself that it didn't happen to me, it only happened to that other person (that character I'm playing). Basically, I try to employ a little bit of showmanship, which I believe anyone can do if they're only a little brave ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was in 11th and 12th Grade, @Ashely_Princess, I was in what we called "Speech tournaments." This is where you gather a certain Speech from something special you choose to read in front of hundreds of others who you would travel to in different places, and read This aloud with Great emphasis in order to win First place.
    I did this for awhile, I really enjoyed it, and I never was too shy with any girl or guy to stand up and Read out loud to my heart's content.
    I also was in a play in high school where I had a main part as well. I never minded doing the act in front of crowds of people, and even in singing in different chorus', I was even more Outgoing and flowing.
    Since then, I have performed in Other things in my life, which has consisted in being on stage.
    Good luck. xx

• That's good @Paris13 , thanks for answering

• You're welcome

• :)) xxoo @Ashely_Princess

What Guys Said 21

• I am not a big fan of it. I had to do a lot of speaking in front of the class at university, the thing is you have to suck it up and do it or you fail the paper that you are studying so that was what I did. I got better at it near the end.

• As a teen it was awful for me, as an adult, I do it all the time and enjoy it.

• I've done it. I've won prizes. I'll have to do it again countless times in future. I don't like public speaking at all. It's scary. Sometimes leg shake too much that I look like break dancing 😂

• I did it the other day at a volunteer fair and to be honest I have never felt so out of control , I was panicking my head was hurting and I felt really unsettled , Thankfully it was only for 2 hours anylonger and i would be a mess

• I avoid it whenever possible.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• Well, I teach a speech class, so I have no problems with it.

• I can pull it off. It's not as bad as most of my other fears.

• I am a bit nervous about it but usually prepare so well I should have no fears then once I start and get going , my confidence kicks in.

• petrified :/

---------

• Yeah I am too D: and thanks for answering

• It scares me, so I love it!

• I love to do it. I'm a little nervous at first, but once I get into a rhythm, I rather enjoy it.

• I fucking hate it, I get very nervous before but once I started it's not that bad anymore

• I used to hate it but now it doesn't bother me that much

• Love it! You should publicly address that guy who has been harassing you in front of the whole school.

• Cool thanks for answering

• its hard... but i took classes to help me with that now so its no big deal, to present a project, or something like that

• Pass me the mic, I'm g2g

• I'm pretty cool with it myself, I try not to get nervous

• it depends what I'm talking about.

• People don't deserve to hear my voice, but if I have to do it I will do it.

• hate it but if i meet the people im speaking to beforehand it makes it a hole lot easier

• I took speech 101 in college and got an A

• That's great, good job

What Girls Said 14

• I get anxiety. But I just do it... I've had to do a lot of public speaking throughout my years. I never got used to it, though. I just deal with it haha.

• I am usually pretty good at it but sometimes I wonder if doing it too much is a display of arrogance.

• Yeah and thanks for the

• Thanks for answering*

• I've only did it a few times. I'd get freaked out and sometimes will cry. I never got used to it, but I still did it for my exam marks.

• Not very fond of it, but I need to get fond of it. You know, since I plan on being a best selling author and all that.

• Cool, thanks for answering

• i feel nothing about it...

• Oh ok, thanks for answering

• tbh i do get a bit nervous.. when i think that what if i say some word wrong.. lol.. or something which people could not understand..

• It's something that I think most people do, but as long as I'm not ad-libbing, I think it's fine.

• Cool, thanks for answering

• My heart beats out of control I feel extremely hot and sick and then I stand up and when I try talking half the shit I wanted to say doesn't come out and I end up sounding like an idiot

• im cool with it :)

• I like public speaking, but I hate talking on the phone lol

• not a fan, but i'm good at convincing people i know what the hell i'm talking about

• *panic*
    *hide in a corner*
    *merge with the shadows*
    *hope no one remembers me*
    *never return again*

I'm not actually that bad at it, based on teacher feedback, but I find it absolutely terrifying and I hate it so much. It makes me cry. D:

• I hate it. I had to take a public speaking course last year and it really sucked.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• If I have to 😤

• It scares me!