Can somebody talk to me?

I gave up on dating after i developed serious feelings for a guy. He liked me too but i was so scared i was expecting things to just go wrong. It scared him away. I lost him. Now i feel like im incapable of having that again. I've been hooking up with guys just to forget him but i keep falling deeper into shame. I miss him. I can't text him because i deleted his number. I told myself i was gonna forget but a part of me keeps holding on. I feel like im going crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah purposefully going out and screwing a bunch of guys specifically to forget about your heartache is about the worst thing you can do for your healing process it only makes it about 100x worse. You don't need to give up on dating. What you need to do is work on your inner self and think why you felt so insecure and thought the relationship would not work and then focus on gaining some confidence. Don't give up you're just scared of being hurt again but if you find the right person the risk is well worth it. You can take the heartache you're strong enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should find some way to find him and simply apologize for your behavior. Tell him what you're going through---that you thought he was too good to be true--and you'd like another shot. But first, you need to get rid of your insecurities.

• Yea i know i have a insecurities due to what has happend to me this year. Its difficult to get out of and it might take a while.

What Guys Said 3

• Time heals everything. Give it time darling. It will get better.

• I don't know much about that, but I'm a good listener.

• Nothing you can do but hope you see him again.

What Girls Said 3

• Omg. Honestly... you're NOT crazy. I'm sure so many people (including myself) have dealt with what you're going through, so no shame. If you honestly believe you two can have something again then fight for it. Don't give up.
    And if you don't... then all you can do is wait for someone else to come along and prove you wrong (that you CAN feel like that again) but don't sleep with anymore people. That's not going to help.
    Best of luck!

• Thank you so much! Yea i need to distract my mind and not overthink so much.

• How many times have u gotten abortion?

• Never

• U have female fetish

• I dont want kids. i can't have them anyways because i was born with a medical condition that messes up my reproductive system. Whats your point?

• Oh my welcome to my world. Just try to focus on yourself I know it's hard but with time it gets better... At least I hope so myself...