Forced to get a nose job if I want issues fixed with my nose?

so before you get confused, let me explain. I have deviated septum and I can't breathe at all from my right nostril which is making things a bit difficult especially during the night when in sleeping or perhaps when I have a cold. Now there's ways to fixing this without a nose job but I was told because mine is so bad that id need to get a nose job to fix it.

problem is, I don't want any work done on me. And it especially worries me that they could do something wrong or maybe I won't be happy with the results. The idea of getting myself "altered" doesn't sound pleasing. I know it's not for appearances but to make me be able to breathe still I can't seem to go through with it.

what do you think I should do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should definitely do it. You don't need to worry about it being dangerous. It's a very simple and fast standard procedure. It won't take more than 20-30 minutes to complete. It's not a brain surgery or an open heart surgery ;-).
    Also, you won't see any difference. Your nose will look exactly the same way it looks now. The doctor will just make the space inside your nostrils a little bigger so that air can pass more freely. I generally understand your attitude about not wanting to alter yourself but not wanting to alter yourself although a surgery could increase your health and overall life quality sounds kinda stupid. I mean... if you were overweight, wouldn't you try to lose some weight and thereby alter your body? Or if you had cancer, wouldn't you get a treatment for that?

What Guys Said 1

• You should do it. It's a relatively safe procedure. Stop being such a puss about getting 'altered'. Some people don't even have the option to alter their disability and they're in wheelchairs or bedridden.

What Girls Said 0