Forced to get a nose job if I want issues fixed with my nose?

so before you get confused, let me explain. I have deviated septum and I can't breathe at all from my right nostril which is making things a bit difficult especially during the night when in sleeping or perhaps when I have a cold. Now there's ways to fixing this without a nose job but I was told because mine is so bad that id need to get a nose job to fix it.

problem is, I don't want any work done on me. And it especially worries me that they could do something wrong or maybe I won't be happy with the results. The idea of getting myself "altered" doesn't sound pleasing. I know it's not for appearances but to make me be able to breathe still I can't seem to go through with it.

what do you think I should do?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• You should definitely do it. You don't need to worry about it being dangerous. It's a very simple and fast standard procedure. It won't take more than 20-30 minutes to complete. It's not a brain surgery or an open heart surgery ;-).
    Also, you won't see any difference. Your nose will look exactly the same way it looks now. The doctor will just make the space inside your nostrils a little bigger so that air can pass more freely. I generally understand your attitude about not wanting to alter yourself but not wanting to alter yourself although a surgery could increase your health and overall life quality sounds kinda stupid. I mean... if you were overweight, wouldn't you try to lose some weight and thereby alter your body? Or if you had cancer, wouldn't you get a treatment for that?

What Guys Said 2

• I have the same problem as you and will be getting it done later this year. My surgeon told me that mine is so severe that even after the surgery, the bones, muscles and ligaments might go back to the shape before. I think she said there is a 50/50 chance of this working. Anyways I do have a nasal decongestant and works great for about an hour and then I can't breath through my nose again. So I can't wait to get my surgery done

• You should do it. It's a relatively safe procedure. Stop being such a puss about getting 'altered'. Some people don't even have the option to alter their disability and they're in wheelchairs or bedridden.

What Girls Said 0