What does femininity mean to you?

I feel it's in the way a woman represents herself and is a great form of support for others. Carrying herself with poise and elegance. I believe it's a way of mind that is non judgmental yet not naive. I think of good manors and polite etiquette. I also think of it as taking good care of your appearance and health. Femininity is not the same as feminism. I strive for femininity.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a difficult question that has stumped better minds than the peanut gallery at G@G.

It's OBVIOUS that femininity isn't feminism. One is a descriptor of behavior and mannerisms, the other is a bigoted hate movement and multi-billion-dollar-per-year political empire that spans the world.

But to answer your question, I do believe that femininity is a descriptor of certain kinds of styles of behavior and mannerisms. What exactly that entails could differ from person to person.

Personally, for me, I think it can be partially described as using only the force needed in your motion to accomplish your task (you don't ham-fist everything you touch), as well as dexterous grace, and a gait that attracts straight men.

I do think femininity can go to far, at which point it becomes abusive to the people around you. At this point, it can be described as characterized by uselessness. "Hypoagency," or being so helpless others must do things for you. Think "surrendered wife."

Most Helpful Girl

• Clean, modest, smells nice, manners.

What Guys Said 12

• I think it's just having a gentle heart. Showing respect to all those around them and being kind whenever they can. Feminine is a female thing and natural tendencies across most species with females they are nurturing to their families so I think if they just act that nurturing way to their own family and to others I think that's very feminine. But yeah just being affectionate to others is what I'd describe it as. Guys can be that way too but I think girls can pull it off better.

• Hard to describe, but I adore it so much loo

• Class and elegance are always attractive qualities in a woman. It's a shame so few people value and posses it these days. But then there's you right @TrainwreckAdvice ?

• Marry me? Lol!
    I like your idea of femininity

• Amazing pain tolerance and beauty

• Femininity to me is a woman's body, but it's also more than skin deep.
    It's letting the need for control go, becoming entirely free, it's some what mysterious, it's a form of self sacrifice, and having a baby maker tops it all...

• Femininity is... cleverness, social grace, cuteness, and class.

• Softness, grace and social adeptness.

• Whatever it says in the dictionary. That's what it means to me

• Lol, I refused to look it up. I was asked this three days ago and this was what I came up with.

• A woman knowing how to be a 'woman'

• femininity means to me that she takes care of herself and that she's a real lady

• It is a well known fact that to be a woman means to submit.

A woman's place is at home, while men go outside. She needs to obey every command of her lord and do her best to serve & please him

A woman's role is to cook the food, take care of the children and clean the house... No woman should be out working. That's a man's job.

What Girls Said 0