Whats stronger? LOVE or FEAR?

Would you rather be loved than feared and why? comment below!

• Love is stronger
  • Fear is stronger
I would rather be feared than love for sure
People respect those they fear, i dont see people respecting those they love

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess this is my opinion:

Fear doesn't have to be the biggest motivator.
    A strong enough love can overcome fear. Besides, even with difficults in the middle, if u chose the path of love despite the fear u felt, u will become stronger than ever as a person. Not to mention that a life of love is a much more fulfilling one.
    we were put on this earth to love despite our flaws. Love life, people and ourselves. It would be the ultimate betrayal of the self not to follow ur heart out of fear.

This is just one perspective. And despite knowing this in theory, I hope that I am strong enough to put it to practice when it counts!

• well said, love is powerful, but i have seen more fear in my life for sure

• i think both your opinions were well though out, and you deserved the mh girl

• yeah, I guess modesty here isn't a very flattering trait to have haha

Thanks again @PiuBelloAmante

Most Helpful Guy

• @HookingSwan
    Very very interesting question. FEAR and LOVE? This is just my opinion on the subject, so here goes...

I personally think Love and Fear are one and the same thing... just two sides of a coin, one cannot exist without the other. Take my wife whom i really love dearly... i love her so much that sometimes when i am not with her i fear that something might happen to her... will she fall (she is pregnant btw), is she ok, is something going to hurt her... so much fear of her getting hurt builds up inside me and maybe it makes the love even stronger. I think both having fear and love can work to your advantage.

Sometimes when you see very young children (1-3 years old) they tend to have very little fear and i ask myself... why is this? I think its because they don't yet have any bad impressions/experiences in their mind and as they get older theses negative experiences manifest in the mind and become fear. Which is stronger? Fear or Love, i think both are equal and for me at least in my life... when i experience love it is always followed by some fear, will i lose her, is she hurt, will i see her again...

I remember i loved to do engineering, it was my passion at university but it was always followed with thoughts of fear... will i be good enough, will i fail my exams, etc.

In the end, i think both are complimentary and work hand in hand. There is a time when feeling fear can motivate one and also times when love can do the same. Both exist for a reason and i have not yet come to comprehend its nature in totality... so i cannot add much more to that.

As a last point you mention that "People respect those they fear, i don't see people respecting those they love" and i cannot argue with you about that because i have seen it work in real life, however... when people fear you... it is almost guaranteed that hate will develop in the minds of those who fear you and be focused towards you and one day that hate will manifest in a physical/emotional nature against you. For me personally i would rather have people lose "forced respect" for me; than to have "hatred" for me.

I know i might have expressed my thoughts incoherently but i thought this was a great question and one that requires lots of thought because there is a lot more under the surface... two very powerful forces of nature.

• I hadn't thought about it that way. I have to say that I like your view on things. And it os absolutely right yes.

The more you love someone, the more you fear losing them.

Just today I felt that.

• It was a very good input :)

What Girls Said 7

• I have found that this really depends on the nature of the love and the nature of the fear.

Fear is often seen as a paralytic, and yet I find it to be a fantastic motivator more often than not. Love is seen as liberating and yet I've seen people bound like slaves to it time and again.

• I can love with all my heart and have it be the strongest thing at that moment. But if any of my biggest fears were to be thrown at me, my fear would be so much stronger than the love I just felt two seconds ago.

• I say love - if you're capable of it.
    Nothing could stop me from trying to save the ones I love - at any cost.

• i voted for love

• Of course love. Fear is much more visible though. But you can not beat love.

• LOVE makes anyone do crazy things, fear just prevents you from making something happen.

• I would say love. Fear can be conquered; people can stand up to those that try to put fear in 'em, or maybe they conquer a phobia of something they fear. For those that are able, love can really motivate you to be the best person you can be. Not just for personally reasons, but because you want to be the best for the one you love.

What Guys Said 12

• Which is stronger is an interesting question...
    Fear often stops people from pursuing their love (ie acting on crushes, taking the next step in a relationship), however a strong enough love will overcome all fear.

If you look at it from a motivational standpoint, an example being parents, fear tends to be a more powerful motivator. Humans I'd say want to take the easy way out often. That leaves parents to threaten them with punishments-- spankings, time outs, whatever. Parents who love their child and give them whatever will create a spoiled kid who tends to usually end up becoming lazy. Then, if the parents nicely ask the kid to do anything, the kid will complain and say "no" most likely. So the love the parents gave didn't exactly motivate the child.

Because of these things, I would have to say fear is stronger, unless the love is an unconditional love.
    -------
    Would I rather be feared or loved?
    Loved for sure. I'm not trying to motivate anyone and I like being liked. Even if I can get people to do what I want out of intimidation, I will probably be even more isolated then and it'll be a sad life.

• thanks for sharing!

i do think fear is the biggest motivator!

• @HookingSwan It doesn't have to be, that is correct. If no one overcame their fear, everyone would be single for life, which is not the case.

We should follow love instead of fear, but fear unfortunately seems to often overcome and cloud our mind.

• Yes. I know the feeling...

• According to Machiavelli: "whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared... to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved"

However, I think that love is stronger. Fear make us do terrible things and when we have one change we get rid of what's making us fear. This doesn't happen with love.

• Fear is the "stronger" emotion
    but I'd much rather be loved, than feared.

Unless the fear was necessary.

• sometimes fear is necessary for respect...

• Love may be a powerful motivator, but as I see it fear comes before love on the "strong" scale
      because what people may think they do out of love, they really do out of "fear" of losing what they love/have.

"I love her, so I will take this bullet for her!"
      No..
      "you fear losing her, so you'll take it for her"

There's a lot to think about
      when it comes to emotions. ^.^

• Well said bro!
      is love a creator of fear? thats some food for thought

• Loved. Those who fear you will only loath you and one day betray you. Those who love you would never even think about doing that. It's common sense, really.

• I don't know I think people who love you oft e will take your love for granted and act in their own benefit

At least with fear they will tread carefully

• That's not real love then. And while that may happen on an individual level, it never happens on a much larger scale. Like being the leader of the nation. I don't recall anyone ever taking a President, King, etc. that they actually loved for granted.

• I miss Bush though! These Obama years have been terrible 😝

• Love brooo

Love motivates!

• Love coz fear might give courage

• I would rather be feared, more control that way
      I am becoming evil lol! Kinda like the joker 😝😝😝

• Where's RACHEL!!! Lol 😂😂😂

• WELL I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ASK THE BAD COPS , BEHIND THIS MASK THERE IS AN IDEA AN IDEA OF DESTRUCTION AN IDEA THAT LIVES FOREVER NOT A BULLET CAN KILL

• Neither will is the strongest because neither of those things are reliable enough for me to care about them.

• Fear is stronger.

• Love I stronger than fear. Fear can cause u be eaten by the wild beast. But love can help u, tame the wild beasts.

• Love can help you overcome fear sometimes so I say love.

• pussy power it can defeat the strongest man

• lol... no contest.