Facebook is working on a dislike button, what are your thoughts?

What do you think is going to happen? Do you think its a bad idea and it will increase the suicide rate of teenagers? Or perhaps you think its a good idea and it will finally teach people that you can't just post whatever you want? Is it going to make facebook look more like the real world?

My opinion is that if they do incorporate one, It won't be anonymous and people would just be scared to press it. As far as bullying goes I dont think the lack of a dislike button is going to stop someone from expressing their negativity. I think the button won't change anything because if it did they wouldn't be incorporating it in the first place.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    if that means I'll get something from my so called friends

Most Helpful Guy

• It is going to take a LOT for people to get used to.

In a previous workplace, there was an intranet with news postings that allowed comments and voting on comments. A surprising number of people became extremely upset or offended when they received downvotes. Some even went so far as to demand their detractors explain themselves, or asking that moderators ‘name and shame’ people who ‘negged’ a comment or article.

I think it’s overdue for Facebook. If someone loses their keys or their dog dies or they’ve got a bad cold or their grandmother was run over by a cement mixer, you don’t want to ‘Like’ it.

The trolling potential is also vast.

What Girls Said 2

• Facebook is so lame, I don't care what they do.

• the idea of Facebook is actually good its the people that have made it lame lol. Even restaurant menus don't have as much food pictures.

• Meh idc, i dont use my Facebook anymore anyway

What Guys Said 2

• It would love it ahah every status on Facebook would be disliked😂

• It probably won't be anonymous, just like the "like" button. Which means people won't use it because they'll be scared of being perceived as negative.

• I hope its not anonymous ahaha

• Gag has a dislike button