Do you believe in God? Yes or No?

I am asking because I want to see if there are gender differences in religious belief.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• i do. too much evidence not to.

• like this quote from Jeremiah: It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. people have tried... i've tried.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Generally speaking women are more likely to be religious than men. There are numerous reasons for this

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...-compared-half-men.html
    m.livescience.com/7689-women-religious-men.html
    www.psychologytoday.com/.../why-are-women-more-religious-men

"Studies of biochemistry imply that both male irreligiousness and male lawlessness are rooted in the fact that far more males than females have an underdeveloped ability to inhibit their impulses, especially those involving immediate gratification and thrills,"

"men are shortsighted and don't think ahead, Stark said, and so "going to prison or going to hell just doesn't matter to men as much as women."

Some reasons physiologists have pinpointed toys phenomenon is despite our brains being wired for belief. Men have more a tendency to disregard ideas that challenge authority against their own and accountability.

Belief in God gives us a rational basis for logic but the idea of something holding power over us is more negative

• Absolutely not. If god were real, his words as transcribed by his prophets in the old and the new testament and apocrypha (and maybe the Qur'an and Book of Mormon too depending on which prophets you believe are liars and which ones you believe are real) would all be absolute, unquestionable, eternal fact.

But the fact remains that they are most certainly not absolute, unquestionable, eternal fact. For example, according to the scriptures, the New Testament builds off and includes the Old Testament - everything in the Old Testament is true and the New Testament is just an add on. But anyone who has actually read the Old Testament knows that it is full of nonsense. Just read the old testament - I doubt you would take everything in it to be absolute, unquestionable, eternal fact.

So either God's prophets were bullshitting or his word is bullshit. His word can't be bullshit because he's not an imperfect god - not like those crappy ancient Greek gods that made mistakes constantly - Zeus and what not. The Judeo-Christian-Muslim-Mormon god doesn't make mistakes - he is a perfect being who made man in his image. And he made woman out of man's rib. And he demolished a city and turned people into pillars of salt because people were committing too much sodomy. And he impregnated a virgin who was a married thirty something year old woman. And that married thirty something year old woman made a baby without ever having sex. And that baby was a carpenter who could walk on water and turn one fish into countless fish with a swipe of his hand. And because the romans killed this water-walking-carpenter for making up stories, he died so that you won't burn in hell forever. Because hell is a place where people go if they disobey god. But even if they disobey god, they don't have to go to hell if they apologize and swear their allegiance to God's will as interpreted by the edicts of church, which historically has been a money making machine, as anyone who has been to the Vatican can see.

Also, after Jesus died he flew through the air to North America and met the Native Americans and wrote a brand new book of faith called the Book of Mormon that he wrote on golden plates in a mythical language that could only be translated by a guy named "Joseph Smith" who claimed to have found the plates despite never having been able to show them to anyone.

• Believed in god when I was kid. Then I started having doubts of god's existence and around 12 I finally realised that there's no god.
    Fortunately my religion allows atheism. It has no official authority to decide anything for people. However, people have gone nuts and making up things and I stay away from all of the crap.

• of course I do

• Yes, I reached this decision, philosophically, scientifically and spiritually.

• Yes, I do.

• Yup i believe in Him. :)

• Yes, I do personally

• I believe in the governing concepts.

• Always have anf always been 😘

• I believe in mother earth... piss her off and she can make your life miserable!

• I'm agnostic, so my position is neutral.

• I absolutely do

• Nope, I don't.

• I do not believe in God.

• Alhamdulillah I do.

• I don't believe in any god.

• Nope I don't.
    I also don't think gender has any influence on religion.

• yes I do. :)

• There is no God.

• I believe in God, but I am irreligious.

• Nah, it's the 21st century

• This website won't give you large enough of a sample.

Fortunately, the research has already been done, just Google it. Women are more religious than men.. I'd give an explanation, but I'm on a mobile and it would take forever.

• My IQ is too high to fall into such a lowly trap. Religion is for those who are dumber.

What Girls Said 16

• MHO ON MY END, GAGERS.
    Lock and load and keep your bible close, for God is the ONLY way you will ever get through the coming days.
    Good luck. xx

• Nopety nope nope nope. Atheist here.

• Wow I can't believe how split the results are! It's almost an even break down. Anyway, yes, I'm a believer!

• Kind of. I'm not sure if I'd say I believe in a single entity named God, but I believe in a higher power.

• yes i do., , , ,

• Yes, i do...

• I did as i child but as i child i also believed in santa and the tooth fairy. Now i dont believe in any of it.

• Yes I do! 😊😊😊

• Nope. I'm an Atheist.

• I beleive in Allah ^^

• Yes I'm a christian :)

• Vote B = No... I believe in SELF :)

• I know there is a god

• I believe in myself... Does that make a god? 😁

• Yes, you are.
      Nature = God
      Nature = {humans, other creatures, elements...}
      Humans = {You, me, everyone}
      We belong to set of humans, which belongs to set of nature and people call god is nature. Hence you are a part of nature. Hence you are a god. I'm a god. Hey, god wassup! 🙌🏻

• If studies tell me anything, you will find that women are more likely to believe over men, and that older people are more likely to believe over younger people.

But in my case, I am one of the females who knows better.

• *Insert random religious debate* lol jk