Do you believe that there is a correlation between pain tolerance and intelligence?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't believe that - Many people with low IQs have been very brave in face of pain

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think so. You see boxers who don't look like the brightest fellows take a lot of punches. But I've also seen intelligent people who can take a lot of pain. We are talking physical pain here.
    However, when it comes to mental pain an intelligent person is going to have a higher tolerance because they would know how to heal their mind.

• aparently there is with mice but it's the oposite

What Girls Said 2

• As far as taking emotional pain, I have always felt it was best to sort it out and deal with it with dignity instead of self-pity. Walk away if you need to. Anticipate consequence, rather than react. Don't whine. Just pick a solution and do it, sooner the better.

• No it's to do with the nervous system and stimuli. I believe a range in the intelligence can make you do stupider things to hurt yourself lol.