Why would you name your child 'Dick'?

-_- Whyyyyyyy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dick is short for Richard by way of Rick, it was not originally an English name. It's been around for hundreds of years in various European languages as a result of the way language and pronunciation changes over time. It's a very old nickname, long before it came to have the meaning it currently does.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bc he might grow up to be a dick just like his dad

What Guys Said 12

• When you're rich and you don't want you're kid to grow up spoiled and entitled so you give em an L to hold from day one...

"How do we add some struggle to his life? Hmmm.."
    "Beverly Hills will make him soft, lets name him Dick that should even it out"
    "He's gonna be a ruthless politician one day or a determined MGTOW campaign leader"

• It's Richard for short.

Wikipedia says: Dick was also used to mean the average guy since Richard was a common name. The definition like in "that guy's a total dick" came out 200 years before it meant a penis (the 1880's).

• There are worse names to be had. I knew a guy in the Navy whose name was Harry Boner.

(Honest to God, if your family name is Boner, why o why make it even worse for the kid by choosing a first name poorly? I don't care how honored the name Harold is for you, spare the kid and choose another name.)

• :/ I had a coworker who's last name is Seamen.

• Sounds like these two should become friends. Imagine the looks they would get when making introductions to third parties.

"My name is Seamen, and this is my good friend Harry Boner."

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• because my wife is an ASSHOLE? :3

• the full name is Richard. Dick is just shortened.

• Nope I wouldn't. A parent has to consider bullying and clowning pseudonyms for their child's potential name.

• Only if the last name was osaurous

• As others have said Dick is UK version of Rick short version of Richard.

• I think it's just a nickname for Richard but most people use Rick instead of Dick these days... The word "Dick" did not have sexual overtones in earlier times...

• Dick Dickens.
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHA xD

• Why name your child Lateesha?

• I wonder the same thing about people named willy and Johnston?

What Girls Said 3

• Mister Happy

• OOPS !!! LOLROF I misread the question "Why would you?" --hum, could be named after a friend, a loved one someone paid you to use their name. Could be many reasons. As one said Richard "Dick" for short.
      (LOLROF... I thought this read what would you name it? Teaching our young to name body parts.
      that's why I said Mister Happy... sorry about that)

• I don't have a place or right to be telling you what to do with your titties. It's not my business. Sorry, you just look A LOT like one of my mother's friends

• Well I hope that's a good thing? I'm an RN if that helps, I might be --could be your mothers friend, read my profile see it matches. Oh God... this might be an interesting perdickerment. LOL You're fine hun, no issues. Easy to get along with.

• I'd never do that.

• Because they hate their kid
    Dick van dyke
    Dick Cheney