Do you believe in the ideal 'love, till death do us part', or does it only exists in fairy-tales?

I was married for 22 years with 3 kids to a woman who 'saved' me and we felt electricity together. We could never see life without each other, but time saw us choose to part. Despite both believing in the ethos that marriage is something you fight for with it a commitment forever.

Most Helpful Girl

• i believe in the idea... but that doesn't mean it's for everybody. i see really old couples that are still together, and im sure they have had their fair share of stuggle, but they fought together and came out together in the end.
    but its not for everybody. people change. and no matter how hard we try to force ourselves to be together, it doesn't always work out that way.

• i always see love as akin to a living entity and how you both together, and individually nurture and tend to it or it dies. a lot depends on how you evolve as a person and whether you evolve together or apart

• just being honest, next time you look in your mirror, know you are awesome in every regard :)

• Thankyou for MHGirl xoxoxo

What Girls Said 1

• No, I think it's a fairy-tale thing. There are a lot of couples who get divorced or break up after so many years together.
    So, as you can see I don't believe it.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm married since 1971 to the wife I met in 1967. Neither cheated nor dreamed about someone else. I kissed her just 2 minutes ago and we hope to stay together as long as possible.
    Nuff said.

But no, we shouldn't have married: living together would have had the same effect. Marriage did and does cost us a lot in taxes (we aren't taxed on the individual incomes but on the household income, thus we're in a higher tax scale because we're married)

• I do believe in it, but in the current era, since the primary goal of humans has changed to 'sex' from 'love'. I don't think it's practical to expect it.

• I dunno about believing but I *hope it exists. I really do.