Why am I so unstable when it comes to religion?

I dunno…I dunno how shall I call myself…a Christian or an atheist?

I was “born” as a Christian since I was an infant…later through ma life since teen years…. i’ve changed “groups” up to like 10 times…till now…currently I tilt towards Christianity a little bit more…

Well actually reason I change’s…. everytime I disagree wid an atheist/Christian…I tend to change groups…. i’m like “oh shit Christians r assholes…. i’ll go wid atheists”…. or…”oh shit atheists r assholes…. i’ll go wid Christians now…”

Personally…. i believe there’s a god…or better I WANNA believe there’s a god even if honestly I don’t have any proof of god’s xistance…. i like da idea of heaven and afterlife as a concept even if I have no evidence…

So how da fuck am I defined? As a Christian or as an atheist?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say you sound more like an agnostic. It is normal to question your faith but the decision is ultimately up to you. You could read Rochard Dawkin's God Delusion.

I was raised Roman Catholic and my father passed when I was young so it was something I struggled with at your age as well. I ultimately decided I like the culture of Catholicism and it brings me comfort to go to mass but I do t believe in God and that's okay. I WANT TO believe in God but ultimately I don't. Famously Pascal's Wager/ Pascal's Dilemma dealt with this topic. He wagered it was better to believe and be wrong than not believe and be wrong. This is not the same as belief though.

You can hope and yearn to believe in God, go to church and what not but it isn't the same as believing in God. It isn't really a choice for atheists.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's confusing because us humans have to complicate a simple thing, we get all carried away trying to decipher a book made by men, or turn on TV and see some guy try to tell us masturbation is bad, or porn will send you to hell, it's all just so confusing and ridiculous and causes people to just give up, you have these radical Christians with their "God hates fags" signs casting judgement on people using their free will, it's disgusting.. I use to be an atheist for a long time because there was so many "rules" and bad things that would happen to you being a Christian, I'd go to church and wonder what gave this guy the right to tell ME what's right and wrong, when he is just a flawed human himself like all of us, I'd see the basket get passed around gathering donations and wonder where money belonged in a so called "house of god", it made me angry even at the young age I was, I didn't know why back then.. Fast forward two years and I was a 17 year old atheist spending my days gaming and trolling online, I tried to tell myself there was no god, but my grandpa died and I was feeling lost and didn't know what to do, sitting in my room all alone almost in tears until I felt something I never had before, it's impossible to explain but I knew it wasn't just a corrupted world and I down here anymore. It's very simple to me, I love my fellow humans, I admit I'm flawed, I try not to cast judgement on others and I oppose evil, if I go to hell for that then so be it..

What Girls Said 6

• To answer your titled question, your unstable when it comes to religion because, understandably, religion is a complicated subject and there's not always a clear definition of what you are because when you think about it, some Christian's may not be seen by other people as complete Christians because some don't believe in everything that a Christian is defined as. Same with atheism (although it might be simpler with that because it's just basically not believing in god, there's no rituals or anything). Also look up agnostic/agnosticism, perhaps that is more you. If you find its more you, you could call yourself an agnostic Christian if that's a thing, I'm not sure if it is.

• Well, believing or wanting to believe seems like you're leaning more towards Christianity. You need to have some stability in your beliefs though. You can't just go back and forth because of disagreements. There's always going to be something you don't fully agree with or fully understand. I'm and Christian and there are some things that I don't fully agree with or understand, but I don't let it falter my faith. I suggest you do some meditating and praying. Even if you don't fully understand, just talk. Get everything you feel, doubts and fears and questions, out. You gotta make a decision one way or the other though because if not, then you'll go through life always feeling confused and compromised.

• You will never know if what you choose to believe is true or not, you can't prove God existence and you can't prove he is not real either, thats why christianity is about faith
    Dont change groups because of the people, you are gonna find good and bad people in both sides, being a christian doesn't mean that they all have to be perfect, we are all humans and make mistakes. If you wanna be christian do it for God, what people do shouldn't affect the way you feel about him.
    Same happens if you wanna be atheist, if you decide to be one, dont let other people's actions affect your beliefs

• 1. First.. you should not "change beliefs" because of the "people" you should do that because of the belief itself if that makes sense?
    2. If you believe there's a god then great, if you don't then do some research about it and read about it see what makes sense to you.
    3. If you now believe there's a god then read about different religions and watch stories of people that converted from one religion to another or atheist that now believe in God, they usually find the answers to Qs that others have.
    4. Read the religion's holy book "best source" to learn from.

-If you believe in god then you're not an Atheist.
    Hope this helps...

• You're agnostic. Undecided

• Maybe you are Agnostic?

My mother is Catholic and raised my siblings and myself as one. My dad is a southern Baptist. After growing up, and learning about all the other religions and atheist's point of view, I am an agnostic.

I believe that nothing can be known for certain. There is definitely room for possibility but I'm just not 100% sure. I believe in the possibility of a God, but I do not identify with any one religion.

I personally do not like organized religion. Man (human beings) changes things, some do it for the wrong reasons. I do not like pushed into things, or being told I "have" to do it (yes, my ex boyfriend's church told me I HAD to give the church 10% of every single paycheck to them). That sounds like greed and cult-like behavior to me, and it's just not for me.

I still do charity work to help my fellow man, I do want to help. I do not look down on those that want to go to church, that is totally up to them. I have no right to tell them what is right or wrong. I just live by the golden rule: "Treat others the way you want to be treated". I try to be polite and respectful, and help out when I can.

What Guys Said 8

• Let's be honest there are assholes on both sides I'm a Christian and even I can admit that.

Lets put it this way if you lead a godly life and believe in Christ and his sacrifice for you then you lean more towards Christianity but if you do not believe in Christ, god or anything relating to it then you are more towards being an atheist because they don't believe in anything at all.

Just remember whatever path you choose you have to live your life according to that path, if you choose Christianity then lead a Christian life, and if you choose the Atheist path then lead an Atheist life style.

I can only show you the path, you must be the one to walk it.

• I think you should consider agnosticism. That's what I turned over to about a year ago, or so. It's like the most neutral position you can take with respect to religion.

Basically, you don't subscribe to any specific religion, nor do you claim to be an atheist. It means that you're unsure about whether god exists and it's really the position that people with the, "I don't know or care," attitude towards religion, like myself, take.

It's so peaceful being an agnostic. It's the position that receives the least judgment or hate.

• You're an agnostic. You don't lean to either side.

• Deep down you know that your existence would mean nothing without religion, so you shield yourself from the truth that is atheism. When you really consider the idea that God and spirits and souls don't exist in our natural biologically driven, scientific universe, you have no choice but to dwell in a nihilistic existential crisis, which is really uncomfortable for most people. The truth is there, it is simply uncomfortable to you.

• There's no proof that god doesn't exist , and there are proofs of God existence, and I think u should start to read in relgion again not just Christianity look for a ll relgions

• There is 0 proof of gods existence.

• @zigzagz says who? U

• Using the scientific method you can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. No more than you can the existence of Santa.

• Your're a Christian,

• Well the Bible has two different words in the Greek for faith. "Pistis" is the beginner level faith and it means you were persuaded that what you heard is true. "Pisteuo" is the higher level of faith, it means trust and confidence, like a "so be it" kind of faith. If you are persuaded that Christ truly did live and die for our salvation, that is the "Pistis" level of faith. You want to study God's Word and pray to the Lord to help you have more understanding and reach that "Pisteuo" level of faith.

• Clearly... the Prince of Lies is playing tricks with your mind!