What kind of grammar mistakes do you make most often?

And do you care about correcting them?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• Using which option of lay vs. lie. Gets me often, and I don't like it, but I seem to continue mixing them up.

• Spelling. Spelling is not my friend. I care very much. I have a passion for grammar. It drives me nuts when I make mistakes.

• your, you're. which is completely ridiculous because i KNOW when to use them, its just when im typing, i type fast and without thinking and so my hands literally just type any old your it fancies typing in that moment, and then when i read it back i notice straight away and its like ugh. fingers. lmao

• run-on sentences, split infinitives, pronoun usage, missing words, and commas
    yes, my writing is a mess!

• I think with me it's usually commas

• I don't make any.

• I think my grammar's pretty good, but if I'm tired I'll mix up 'there' and 'their', 'where' and 'wear' etc. when I'm typing, not because I don't know the rules of when to use which but just because I type them wrongly xD

• acquaintance <--- usually this word.

What Guys Said 3

• Spelling is my downfall - I have to check how to spell them on google

• I rarely make mistakes. I sometimes deliberately choose to ignore grammar for effect, and I suppose I get plenty of auto-correct errors due to carelessness.

• no, it's just a site..