What are you favorite personality traits/habits of the opposite sex?

Feel free to describe anything you'd like. Don't be afraid to get into detail. I want to see how diverse our tastes are here on G@G.

Most Helpful Girl

• • AFFECTIONATE. I'm really craving affection these days, I need someone who is willing to give me heaps of it and won't mind a shitload of hugs, kisses, cuddles.

• LOYAL. Someone who's 100% faithful to me and only me. I have 0 respect for cheaters, I hate them. I need a dude who's super loyal so I don't have to lose sleep at night thinking that something fishy could be going on behind my back, I wanna be able to trust him.

• FUNNY. I love guys who have a good sense of humor, especially if they're sarcastic/snarky like me. I want someome who can really make me laugh. I've never been attracted to a guy who wasn't funny.

• UNDERSTANDING. I'm quite a mess so I need someone who's ok with that and is willing to accept me for who I am.

• PROTECTIVE. I don't know, I find it really hot when guys get protective over me. I guess it's cause it shows they care and I mean something to them. Some people may not like this quality but I really do.

• OPEN-MINDED. I'm super open-minded so I believe I need someone who's on the same level. I don't like close-minded people, they annoy me the hell out of me and I simply don't get them.

• ANIMAL LOVER. I love animals A LOT and I get along better with people who do as well. I think it tells a lot about a person how he treats animals. I could never date someone who hates them.

• ADVENTUROUS. Since I wanna travel the world I prefer someone who has that same passion for travelling and adventure so we can do it together.

• SPONTANEOUS. I'm not a big fan of planning stuff, I prefer everything to be spontaneous. Spontaneity is fun and exciting.

• UNIQUE. He has to have something that sets him apart from everyone else, something that makes him original. It could be anything.

• GOOD IN BED. Ok, I know, this may be hypocritical of me to ask for since I'm a virgin, but I already know that sex will be very important to me, so I don't want someone who's selfish or not open-minded to new stuff or not willing to try, learn... I'm not asking for a non-virgin, I'm ok either way, just please don't be boring when it comes to sexual stuff.

Uhh... I don't know, maybe this is too much to ask for and why I'm single :S

• Wow, that's the first time I've seen you post something this thorough and thoughtful (no offense). That's actually a great list. At least you don't care about petty little things or have stupid expectations and actually look for what's important.

• @R3d_Anonymous Sure as hell isn't the first time, you just don't stalk me enough.

• Wow this is a detailed list. Thanks for sharing!

Most Helpful Guy

• I love how there's girls, and very few mind you from my experience that have that deep level of intellect and not just academic intelligence. The feistiness of when the flirting and teasing are both like an ebb and flow of emotional and sexual connection. The way her mind just works despite it's difference from how my mind works and we are able to communicate how something small upsets her and not turn it into WWE Wrestlemania but a level-headed discussion of how she felt and feels and the same as me, sometimes if not most we do disagree but there are lots of valid points and are still able to be cool and have dinner later. I sure as hell don't believe in a compromise, we will sit and talk it out until we both find or come to a mutual and satisfying conclusion. I also totally dig her hippy/bohemeian/spiritual/feminine energy, she's an avid speaker of what is in her mind albeit she can be selfish in her thoughts and wants but I'd like to think I help even her out by telling her that she's being unfair by either thinking that or saying that without acknowledging my say in the matter. The best however is the basic fact that we both are totally us when we are together! Total shame that it won't last.

• why won't it last?

• :[ sorry to hear that... she sounds like the kind of person who improves your life, even though she may not be a constant presence in it. hope you do get to be with her again. thank you for your service, really do appreciate what you do out there for the rest of us.

• @shivering - Thank you, and yes she a continued source of admiration and inspiration!

What Girls Said 28

• I had a male friend who had two supreme qualities. He was chivalrous and caring almost to a fault. I once got a splinter and he flew into action like I was an active bleeder. He got a splinter kit, removed it, put some antibiotic on it, and wrapped it as if I'd broken the finger itself, then called me later to see if I was okay (seriously). We went out dancing one night and some guy tried to cop a field and he was literally ready to fight this guy for me if I'd given him word, but I declined. If a woman or girl was present, he was always opening doors, pulling out chairs, ladies first kind of guy. He was extremely caring and patient with children, and one of the best big brothers I'd ever seen with his little brother. They don't make many men like him these days, but I'm glad they still exist.

• What happened to him?

• @RedThread yeah. I think it had a lot to do with him being raised by his mother who taught him how to be a good man, I can only assume maybe unlike his father (he never spoke of him so I'm not sure what all happened there).

• Ahh very interesting. Thanks for responding!

• 1) CONFIDENCE. I wish I could bold and italicize this.

2) RATIONALITY. You don't have to agree with me and yes men are annoying. But please have some common sense.

3) Appropriate sensitivity/emotions/compassion. Guys who are too sensitive annoy me as well as those who are insensitive. I can be seen as insensitive but it's usually for things that people are VERY sensitive about (like a drowning dog). If he's as sensitive as I am, that's great.

If he's as EMOTIONAL as I am--and I mean you can tell what he's feeling every second of the day because he's very expressive--that would annoy me. I'm that way. I love it. I wouldn't want to be around another dude that I'm dating who happens to be like that. As friends? We'd make a hell of a team.

4) Honest/Loyal. Someone who tells me when they think that I'm wrong and won't abandon you.

5) Respectful. I don't disrespect people I care about. He wouldn't do that to me.

These are the top five for me.

• I admire when a guy can be protective without being an aggressive brute; where he can use his presence and words to defuse a situation and make you feel more secure without ever having to get physical or loud.

I also like a guy who is charitable, cares about the well being of the less fortunate and generally cares about others.

Umm what else … passion is a good quality too. I love a guy who has his own ambitions/hobbies etc that he feels strongly about and always works towards either getting or improving.

I like a guy with a strong personality, as in he is just 100% himself and he is totally confident in the person he is. I’m not saying be a cocky jerk though: I appreciate the guy who is solid in his opinions, but isn’t going to go to the extent of shitting on others who don’t agree. I also like it when a guy can light up a room with his energy.

• I admire and am drawn to people who are curious about the world.
    I love passion.
    I love seeing a guy have a passion for animals or reading or learning or other people.

I love when a guy saves a turtle in the road, picks up stray animals and makes sure they get some place safe, or has an animal best friend. I love when guys like my dogs.

I love when guys make inclusive jokes, when they stand up for others, when they get excited about a scientific discovery or a great new book.

I love when guys know who my favorite artist is and we can appreciate how an artist makes us feel.

I love when a guy treats me gently. I love when he makes me feel like a wonderful discovery.

• Wow this is really sweet. I hope you've found a guy like that.

• I totally agree. :) The person trumps criteria. And thanks, you deserve to be treated with affection and respect, and all the good things a partner can offer.

• Thank you very much.

• I like when guys are:

Determined, but not super obsessive.

Confident, but not cocky.

Funny, but not mean-spirited and make fun of others.
    Bonus: if they can laugh at themselves or think it's funny when others playfully poke at them.

Creative. Artistic in any form is appreciated, but I like a guy that can come up with fun ideas and things to do.

I like watching a guy work with his hands. Fixing or building something is pretty cool!

• Man who are chivalrous, when a guy helps me for example with heavy stuff, I'll go OMG this guy is so cute. I love gentlemen.
    Leadership, I like to feel that a guy is the man of the situation, and can handle any situation (well this is impossible, but at least make me feel protected)

• A bit snarky, a bit mean, a bit domineering, but loves me the best. Patience would also be nice too. Someone who's not afraid to spend time hashing and rehashing zombie apocalypse survival plans or talk about the stupid parts of video games. That's a good combination for me.

• Capable, strong, and intelligent. I like powerful and confident, but only if those attributes do not overpower the man's propensity for kindness and empathy. A combination of sweet and sexy melts me every time. If he is secure enough in his manhood to be kind, goofy, and funny instead of cocky; even though he is amazing enough to have reason to ACT cocky and superior, I know he is someone I will feel safe with and open up to at the same time.

• Genuine kindness/really cares about people, quirky sense of humor, good conversationalist, open-minded to other cultures

There are so many attractive personality traits, but I think the above is most attractive to me

• I like men who are zealous for God and I also like men who worship God.

• Trustworthy, confident and generous

• I like the confidence and dominance in a man. Not cocky or domineering. Like the song says "it's not cocky m-f'er if you back it up!"

• Being caring, gentle, respectful. Noticing the little things. Being witty and funny.

• I might want to add that I don't mean witty/funny at the expense of other people. Something light might be ok but some people just don't know where to draw a line. At that point it's not really funny anymore.

• That's very nice. Thanks for sharing.

• ahhh I gotcha ;)

• One would be confidence without the cockiness!

• Funny guys that can say the weirdest jokes without feeling weird about it. They always make my day.

• honest, decisive, respectful, and affectionate

• Very nice. Thanks for answering :)

• Thanks. I've only met one guy who seems to possess all four of those things, which is why it's a combo I use as my standard. Apparently all of those things together are rare.

• I'm sure they are. I've noticed that it's rare for someone to tick all of our boxes when it comes to desirability.

• Strong and reliable which should be in a man. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but if there are other qualities he has that is compatible to me then that what should make an relationship work.

• I like guys who have no shame.
    Sounds weird right? i mean, i really like guys who aren't afraid to show their funny/shameless side.

• That's not weird at all. Guys who can do that are really awesome... as long as they know there's a line not to be crossed though... haha.

• @RationalLioness EXACLY! at least we can talk ;)

• Ahh I know what you mean. Thanks.

• Honest, caring and ambitious.
    Witty is nice as well.

• Strong, protective, affectionate, brave, and loyal.

• I love it when they are confident funny and nice

• I like guys that can be cynical and sarcastic. Also guys that are playful.

• Chivalry and some crazy innate ability to gain at least a little muscle without ever working out. I also love how guys never ask, "Do i look fat in this?" Seriously, how are men usually so confident and strong?

• I think men have less pressure on them to fit beauty standards than women do.

• Basically an old fashioned gentleman, but isn't afraid to put his woman in her place.

• Don't be an asshole and respect me
    Apparently this is something men can't do

• Why do you say that? 😕

• I get the privilege of meeting these men

• I'm sorry to hear that. If you need to talk feel free to message me.

• When they don't change in front of his guy friends. I know so many guys that suddenly become assholes in front of their friends and I absolutely hate that.
    I also like guys that randomly just hug me or burry their face into my chest.
    Another thing that I looooove is when they are willing to do something risky or dangerous but they enjoy it. I just wanna join him and get in trouble! haha

• This is true.. I think a lot of people act differently around different groups of friends.

• i like guys who are both cool and sweet.

• Someone who can laugh at themselves. I hate when people take themselves too seriously

• Like self deprecating humor?

• I mean they don't need to make fun of themselves but if they slip on a banana peel , I want them to laugh and not get pissed off you know?

• Ahhh I gotcha now. Thanks for responding.

What Guys Said 20

• If im perfectly honest, I have never actually known a girl to the point where i could pick out a good quality/trait.

Nothing of great meaning anyway.

• Quiet, nerdy girls who like to play card. I love when a girl dresses in sweaters and modest fitted clothes. Glasses are pretty great too but can take or leave them really. Personality wise I like a girl who's focused but free, loving but independent, and likes to make me chase her. Stats: 5'1''-5'5'' up to 115lbs, thin body shape, well proportioned. Other things don't really matter to me all that much.

• I liked how some of my friends (female) came to me and cried when they were down. I thought it was really cute that they came to me for support assuming I was emotionally strong. So I think it's kinda cute when they do that knowing I'm like hard core or something.

• I love a girl who's intelligent. I also look for whether she's "reasonable" about things or is she always bitching and criticizing people. I tend to like more laid back girls.

• Women's hair looks really good sometimes. They also look good in makeup. I might be kind of biased because I like women in general. They're better company too.

• When a girls voice gets extra soft, when talking about something personal.
    Or the way a girl just completely lights up when she is so completely excited to her core. Her joy brings joy out of you. Contagious : )

• I like when a woman can light up about things she's passionate about too. Thanks for answering!

• I like a girl who is confident, funny and smart at the same time. And who is somehow sexy, though I just can't put my finger on how.

• i love a girl who loves read, the culture and art.

i love a girl with a big sense of humor but be serioues when needs to be.

She can look cartoons (but not sponge bob, please) and it's ok for my.

I like when the girls cook things like cakes, cupcakes, pies, etc. with her apron and his face with flour <3

she not say rudeness

and she loves cats

forgive me if my English it's "poor" or "wrong", i'm still learning. XD

• I don't know about habits, but I like a girl who's relaxed, open minded, easy going and knows how to have fun.

• My fav habit has to be when girls kinda mess with their hair. Whenever I'm talkin with a girl and they start to put their hair behind the ears or shake their hair, move it to the side, run their fingers through... it turns me on lol

• Curious... I detest dullards.

Non-closed minded... I dislike closed-minded people... I feel trapped by them, and I don't like that...

• I'm a sucker for bubbly and visuably cute girls.

Fuck resting bitch faces basically lol.

• Some people can be intimidating looking that's true..
      Thanks for sharing.

• she has to be black.

i waste no time on Caucasians...

• The way they cosider the feelings of other people and their skill at Feng Shui.

• I like their... gentleness and frailty.

• Fun, good sense of humour in girls by the way...

• Does a tight p***y count? Just kidding!!! Or am I?

• Saw this question yesterday, and was interesting to think about.

The initial things I thought of were like kindness, curiousity, mentally playful, etc.

But that's BS. Those are things I like in people in general, but they aren't the traits that make me fall for someone. (though they make me more likely to want to be with someone)

I fall for girls who are (as well as being attractive to me) melancholy to the point of mild depression, clever, emotional and needy. Sexual as well (in personality). Maybe not a healthy thing about me, but the truth.

• Hey it's good to encounter thinks that encourage us to look inward at ourselves even if it can be frightening.

• I don't get this. Am I to assume that there are inherent traits for each gender? Or, is this a wish list question?

• big boobs and a big ass.