How was your prom experience?

I'm kind of on the fence about senior prom. How did prom go for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it!
    I had a blast although my after prom got ruined lol!
    Jus make sure you go with someone you care about
    Don't want some random prom date trying to get I to your panties after the show is over

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought it was fun most people thought the after party was good and the prom was boring but I wasn't into drinking and smoking etc so preferred the prom. It's just a dinner, you listen to speeches, awards may be given, then you dance a bit. The most fun part I think is getting dressed up girls spend months planning their dress, hair, makeup, shoes etc.

What Guys Said 8

• Junior year: kinda wanted to ask a freshman. I asked her if she was going to prom, and she was like "uh, why would I go to prom?" in like an aggressive-ish voice. So yeah...
    I don't remember exactly why I didn't ask her. Hmm...

Senior year: really wanted to ask my current crush, and the first time we hung out was about a month before prom. And at some point she randomly mentioned how she probably wasn't gonna go to prom (oh look, I asked the question here: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1397091-did-i-totally-miss-the-chance-to-ask-her-to-prom )
    But I missed the fucking opportunity, told some jokes about prom, and moved on to the next topic.
    Then I hung out with her a week before my prom, and I remember the moment I was planning to ask her--sitting in her car in my driveway--but then it just didn't seem right. And after that I figured it was too late, and I could only ask her over the phone.

• Didn't go. I heard afterwords that it sucked.

Tickets were 80$ and I had better things to do than be around people I don't like.

• It was fun. I had two dates and I had a cane. It was at a casino

• Me: so when's prom?
    Friends: dude, prom was like three days ago...
    Me: oh it's cool, its not like I wanted to go anyway... you want to get a pizza?
    Friends: lets Bounce 🍕😎

• Prom was boring, went straight to a bonfire and danced there afterwards ;p

Prom had 'new' & 'better' songs that wasn't made for slow dancing.
    Wondered what made me pay for my ticket.

• stand there while everyone danced alone and dateless very fun*totally not sarcasm*

• Never went to a school dance. I was insanely shy and just as ugly.

• I went, but hated it. You should still go, no matter what happens. It's PROM!

What Girls Said 6

• It was fine. My heels came off the second I was through the door and I'm not wearing them in my pictures either :P So basically all of my friends are like a minimum of 5'6 without heels anyway and then when they had them on they were at least 5'7 and I'm only 5'2 and I look so tiny. That was the best bit of prom. After that, it was just sitting on a table with my best friend (the boyfriend didn't go) and dancing to Bon Jovi.

• I went to both my Jr. and Sr. Prom. I went 5o an all girls high school so I didn't get to to experience the whole being asked to prom I'm the cute way thing lol. I went by myself for Jr and with my cousin for Sr. And I only took him because he's 6'9 and looked good in the pics lol.

• Junior prom couldn't have gone any worse but senior prom was amazing.

• i wish i did not go as i originally planned

• I went 😊 It was actually lots of fun too!

• I sat the whole time and took my cousin.