My first girlfriend had a beautiful name, if I had a daughter would it be wrong to name her that?

Though we haven't been together for a long time since our HS graduation, I still think she had a beautiful name. At the same time, she was my first.

Anyway, I do want to have kids in the future. If I ever had a daughter, I would named her my first ex gf's name. Would that be wrong?

Out of all names, her name still reminds in my memory.

Most Helpful Girl

• One of my aunt's is actually named after the woman their father cheated on my grandmother with, he threw it in her face one time when they were arguing. I personally wouldn't want the man I have a child with naming our kid after a woman he used to have feelings for. It honestly would hurt a lot, plus it would make me question if you still have lingering feelings. Chances are if you're with someone new and you're going to start a family you wouldn't want to name you kid that anyway. If you still do, talk to the mother about it an see what she has to say. by the way I'm just curious, what's the name?

• Sapphire it was, a very pretty name for a girl.

• Hmm. Well I'm sure you're a long ways away from having a child with someone new so you'll probably have time to move on from that, but try asking yourself the same question in reverse. Everything you experiencd with Sapphire is everything your future girlfriend had with a boy named Chuck. Would you be okay having your little boy running around with Chuck's name? If not, then don't name your kid after that girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure your future wife will just love it! LOL

What Girls Said 9

• If you (and your future wife) really like the name, then go for it!

It may not be the best idea if you still have deep-down feelings for your first girlfriend, though, because then your future daughter's name would be a constant reminder of her and what could have been. But if those old feelings are completely diminished by the time you're ready to have kids, then it's not a big deal at all.

• no, it's not wrong~ you don't have to tell your s. o. where the name is from; that's asking for trouble. just say that you're naming your daughter after a friend who died or moved away (which isn't entirely a lie, since, depending on how that relationship ended, the ex-gf is theoretically dead to you).

another option would be to use the name as a middle name.

• Just find a different name. Bring it up to the future mother of your children and see what she thinks. I'm sure she would hate that her daughter is named after your first

• I don't on planning her but I guess if I can't use it as her first name, I might add it as her middle name. But yes I understand, no woman would be thrilled to hear that.

• Are you really that dead-set on that name? Why does it have to be her first OR her middle name? Why not just like the name but name your daughter something else? Why would you want your daughter to have an ex girlfriends name anyways? That's just creepy

• I don't think it'd be wrong... but only if you were thinking of that name cuz it was a nice name and not for the memory of your first girlfriend. I also think you should prob not mention the name's origin to the mother, either.

• Oh that is a really terrible idea. Do you want to live long? so do not do that. lol

• i've considered this and decided against it. maybe an altered version would be better.

• What's her name?

• What's her name?

• It's not unheard of for people to do that. But I think you are thinking too far ahead. First of all you don't even know if you wil have kids. You should cross that bridge when you come to it

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, I wouldn't do that man. You don't want to be associating your daughter with an ex.

• you would have to take that up with your wife

• Nothing wrong with it. Just as long as you never tell your wife where that name came from.