What is it that you don't like about moderators?

And mods, what is it that you don't like about other mods?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a never ending theme and I suppose there is something to be grateful for that the site is democratic enough to discuss the topic of the behaviour of moderators.
    First a few disclaimers I was a moderator but resigned because I honestly didn't like the role. I have talked about this with moderators and anti moderators. My position is somewhere in the middle. I have changed my usage style and now very rarely stray outside the topics of Fashion & Style, GaG community, How Do I look and Other so I feel that I am missing most of the inflamatory posts.
    My understanding of the role of moderator is to make site inoffensive for all and help/guide other users especially newbies. My main concern was always there are users as young as 13 on site so that was my reason for reporting a lot of adult posts and secondly personal/stereotype abuse is unacceptable in any society. You are never going to have healthy discussion unless there is respect on both sides.
    Being a moderator/admin is a hard job, you can't be everywhere at once and you have to weigh up all your decisions between personal bias and the general good. Overall I think they do a good job.
    Even though I am not a moderator I still report as much and help out newbies as much as I can. Just a personal thing I probably would take moderator duties back if I didn't have to display badges.
    Now the anti moderator side, inconsistency and some people are favoured - Yes I agree - We have 70 plus mods and I feel some may not behaving at most appropriatve, operating with bias - The site operates a too tough PC stance - Possibly.
    How to change it - It is easier change things from inside rather than bang head against the outside walls - @Applefan1 is no fan of the supposed PC and Pro female stance of admin and the mods but he became a mod to bring balance, to get his point across. I suggest more anti mods think about taking that route.
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?
    q=tbn:ANd9GcTPLQIL_XI2265qeNBgAvImrJcsaf8aghgn9A6lYwBxLlRifqPwVg
    quotespictures.com/.../...orld-democracy-quote.jpg

• You are right, I sure did not like the way GAG was sexist. I felt many admins and mods would be so fast to remove a question or opinion a guy asked but would leave worse stuff up that was posted because it was a girl that posted it. Since I have become a Mod I treat questions and opinions from girls and guys the same. If I would would hide it because a girl posted it I would do the same if a guy posted it. I look at the content of the question not the gender who posted it.

• Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• No problems at all with them. I think there are way too many and it makes it difficult to remove enough content. That's all.

What Guys Said 23

• I don't have any problems with the mods, I just have some problems with the admins. See, I used to be a moderator for a couple of months and they took away my moderator status just yesterday. Apparently, I wasn't reporting enough. However, I wrote to them that the reason I'm not reporting as lot is because I simply couldn't find enough questions or comments that should be reported. I wrote in my emails to the admins "should I just report random questions because I need to achieve a certain quota?" The replied to me with some bullshit answer, saying that quotes aren't important to them but I should still report at least 10 questions/answers per month... no matter what. It made me a little angry. This whole quota idea is absolutely ridiculous. It's like Soviet politics. "If we don't find enough political enemies, we're just gonna incarcerate random people and tell the rest of the country that these are political enemies". It's just... really stupid.
    And I read through the moderator manual to know what the exact rules are and which things we have to report and many of these rules are simply childish. I get that we can't tolerate people insulting others or being racist or that kind of stuff. I don't want to have these kind of things on here either. But many of the rules are completely unnecessary and oppressive in my opinion. There's literally a rule for everything.
    So having been a mod myself, I don't have anything against the moderators. They're just doing their job and trying to achieve their stupid quote to keep their status. They're like the police. I am bothered by the actual people who make the rules for this site - the admins.

• That's true. When I was a moderator, I couldn't find much to report simply because there are too many of them.

• I'm in the same boat. Lost my moderator status yesterday. I think it just means there were more moderators than there needed to be, or the quota is too high. I could have sworn I had over 10 flags. I browsed the questions at least once a day. And users can flag things anyway.

• As a new mod, I agree. This quota system does kind of put pressure on us.

• Haha I guess that the people who like to post judgmental, extremely dirty or spam stuff may dislike us :o
    But I guess I can tell that all the mods I know are friendly people that will help others with a smile :D
    So most people won't have any problem with mods I hope :D

• I have no problems with any mods, personally. The only thing I don't like about moderating is that only the admins get to see the reported questions/opinions.

As far as I know, my standards for removing things aren't strict enough; it just feels awkward and wrong to remove entire lines of trains of thought just because they add "imbecile" somewhere inbetween...

• Pretty much, its just the trouble makers who see it fit to not be particularly fond of us and I can understand why but with the general populus, all is well I would say

And as with @Hans222 I don't know too many mods personally but from what I've read from their posts and takes and the like I gather their all a friendly bunch, so all positives :)

• There are the good and the bad. Most people on today seem to be ragging on the admins. Hard to tell where some of the problems really are.

I had a "question" removed once. I was wishing people a happy holiday. I argued the point and was told that someone reported it as nonsense. Admin agreed it was not nonsense, but then removed it because it was not a question. then later they came up with myTakes that are a whole category of non-questions. lol.

Any day on here you will find statements as questions, whether it be people wishing others a happy birthday or just expressing a belief about something. And they do not get removed (and should not be removed). Definitely not fair across the board.

And if a girl posts a picture of her butt, if you can see any cloth of a bottom on her waist, even though the back is hidden up her crack, it stays, but if you can't see the waist of it, it is deleted as nudity. Pretty much the same for boobs. Full frontal is okay if she covers her nipples and aerloas with her fingers. But if a bit of brown shows between her fingers the post is GONE! Of course, much of my dislike is that people keep pushing the liimits. And for what purpose?

Anyway, I think 95% of the mods are wonderful, fun people. The other 5% I don't know. :-)

• I have never had any issues with a moderator on this site. None of my posts, whichA I know of, have been deleted.

I lot of my opinions are considered controversal, but when I post I always try to come from a place of good intentions. People who are too sensitive need to be offended so they can learn to deal with it.

• I don't really see why I would dislike moderators. They've deleted my question maybe once or twice for reasons I didn't agree with, but other than that I don't see any problems.

• That rookies get the Job and since I am a Right Wing Rep I am over looked on here as for being a mod

• you contact the admins and see if you can be a mod

• I did a year ago they never got back to me after they said they would let me know

• I'm fine with most mods. But I think too many mods are being recruited. I don't think the site needs so many, and it makes fulfilling their quotas even harder

• There isn't anything in particular that I hate about other mods. I'm fine with all of them.

• I haven't had any issues with the moderators.

• I don't know, as I've never had any problem with any of the G@G mod.

• It's definitely prejudice and impossible to know what will set them off. Getting a question/opinion removed can make no sense at all. More than once I've gotten an opinion removed for using "inflammatory or insulting comments", yet the person I was responding too was swearing and making insults too.
    It especially annoys me when someone posts an inflammatory question and then people get their opinions removed for responding in a similar manner.

Although I can't blame this G@G because it's like this at any other q&a site.

• I don't have any positive or negative feelings regarding them, unless they personally give me grief, but that hasn't happened so far.

• My issue with GAG is hardly anything to do with moderators. Ithe biggest issue is the unfriendliness and the nuisance value of the website. The popups make it impossible on a cell phone. The site is so data heavy that if you work on your limited data plan, you are screwed. GAG is just trying to look too cool but they have overdone it.

• lol I just became a mod yesterday. Um, I don't know. Not really much to dislike.

• Some of them are very Pretentious

• My experience of moderators is that they are happy to take stuff down if you complain about it. I don't generally see them as maintaining actual standards.

• They know nothing, juts like Jon Snow.

• They deleted 2 of my posts.

• i like mods much better than anon

• I'm still new here but so far the mods seem chill.

• I don't think anything really, they are regular users like us all. It is administrators that have the final say in everything, the moderators don't actually amount to much power.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm completely oblivious to who the mods are on this site, what they do exactly and I don't really have any complaints. I do find it hilarious when people are obsessed with becoming mods on here though or constantly complaining about them, like the mods have some sort of conspiracy going on lol

• We def all talk to one another all the time wearing our GaG tshirts drinking the tears of wrongfully flagged posters.

• lol the flagged post people are the best actually, it's some guy randomly comparing women to Nazis and then complaining that the mods have it out for him for no reason at all.

• The general clique-y patterns of behavior most, if not all mods have. It's like high school here on gag. Seriously.

• 2|2
  • I don't have an issue with mods. I have an issue that people are getting away with fuck all. I have an issue with admins

• I don't agree with some of the mod choices and it would be great if the person flagging the people who tag me in posts could stop. Other than that, I'm good :)

• Mods keep reminding me of game mods

• I hope they don't dislike us. I mean, I'm not mean or anything and I just want to help people. :(

• i don't have any problems with any of the mods

• I haven't noticed anything that I hate about them.

• It's not that I don't like mods it's just some of the users I have blocked and don't like just happen to be mods

• One mod deleted my question because I was "trolling" while I tried to ask about how to solve my math homework and it didn't delete those ideas with prostitution costing 10$, which is clearly trolling. -.-

• Probably removed the math question as "nonsense", but if you want answers to such questions, a fine alternative is Yahoo Answers' Mathematics section because that's mostly about answering math homework questions.

• @Mesonfielde So it's"nonsense" here & a legitimate question on YA?
      People need help in all aspects of life.

• @THE_Godfather technically I personally think it is fine in the Education & Career section, I was not the one to remove it.