Would you rather earn 2 million by working hard for it, or inherit it?

Would you rather work hard at a job and earn 2 million , or inherit it and never having to work

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't really matter. If I worked for it I will have the respect to say I worked for it. If you did inherit 2 milli I'd still work hard to double it, so I'd still be working hard either way. Both are good situations though.

• Work hard.. when you have 2 million.. fuck that, and people respect anyone who is loaded regardless of how they become wealthy. I inheritted a huge sum , i respect myself and i will never work.

• Ok and thanks for awarding me MHO.

• Welcome. You seem a nice guy

Most Helpful Girl

• gonna be honest. I would rather inherit it.

What Guys Said 14

• Inherit it ofcourse?

My father once told on my first day of working with him (Carpentry), ''Son, Always make your work in the easiest option''.

And fuck a duck was he right. Why make things harder for yourself?

I can imagine all the ''i like to earn all my stuff myself'' softies will post shit saying they would rather work to make themselves seem like better people, but, I bet if you offered any of them 2,000,000 they would take it in a fucking heartbeat. As would any sane individual.

• I'm Fart and I approve this message.

• Fair enough mate, Though, if its any consolation, I'm a sarcastic cunt to everybody xD. Its nice to see someone remembers my shitty personality though haha.

• Oh yes i won't forget you... you are marked now haha

• At this stage in my life I'd like to inherit it. Not least of all because I know the sensible stuff to spend some of it on and what to do with the rest.

• Majority of us will not ever see 2 million usd in our bank accounts by hard work alone so let me inherit it.

• Yes it is a lot of money not everyone onn this thread think so though

• Ohh and yes you can. Is your thread, do as you wish.

• i inherited my millions , so i don't work. I appreciate what i have no less than if i earned it.

• I work hard on my job but I won't earn 2 million that quickly. Thus I prefer to inherit it.

• I know this isn't the PC answer but I would rather have the money just appear. I would rather spend my life doing what I want than working.

• What do you mean?

• I would rather just have that money, invest it, and do what I want rather than to work a job making it. Two million is great but I would still pursue business goals that I currently have. I would probably get involved with some charity and maybe go to school as well.

• Ok thank you!

• inheriting money is amazing...

• If I got 2 millions by working then I can get more 😉

• If you earn it you appreciate it more.

• work for it, you learn to appreciate it and make it last longer

• I disagree, i appreciate every penny i have and i inherited my fortune.

• . I am not on this planet to live my life in such a way.. in the hope people don't get jealous. That is a flaw in their personality.. they'll be jealous of someone who can afford a more expensive can of beans than them.

That same person you are talking about.. who earns a living by hard graft could find someone is jealous of them because they work harder and more hours and get paid less. Should he allow his own life to suffer because of the hatred and jealousy by somene else who makes less money on his job. No , he would not

• Someone*

• Depends. If I work, is 2 million my salary?

• I would rather work for it. Statistically, most inherited fortunes are 65% depleted within one generation, and 90% depleted within two generations. People tend to be more cautious with money they had to earn in the first place.

• Don't really care which way it happens

• If it's less then 10 years I would rather work for it

• If you saved every dollar for 10 years (living in California) you'd have to make like $350,000 a year. 2% of Americans make that.

• Much rather earn it. The money I have inherited (about 100K) I refuse to touch, holding it in trust for my children.

What Girls Said 8

• Time is the most valuable commodity we have so I agree with a previous poster that if i could earn it within 10 years and through work that didn't make me feel like i was selling my soul I'd prefer to work for it.

$2m is too much money to inherit and still appreciate i know kids that blow through it. If you have never worked it is just a piggy bank to you. What smarter parents do is make it a contigent trust. Your kid doesn't get the mobey until they are a bit established professionally and personally and then they only get it in chunks. Not all at once. This way it helps them put down on a house, buy investment properties and what not but it isn't a free ride.

You want to know your kids can take care of themselves after you are gone.

• I don't see anything wrong in a free ride, it doesn't mean you become a different person just because you haven't earned it by working. Not everyone will blow money... you know!

• That's true not everyone will. But $2m isn't a lot of money. It is only a free ride if you are responsible and know how to invest it. If you let parents turn the whole lot of it over to you at 18 without having raised you well it ends in tears.

I have seen it happen to a number of kids my age. It is good starter money. I plan to leave my kids a trust, a small one as I was left when my father passed but the terms will be strict. It is money for their future not money for a free ride.

• Million Dollar Baby... I love to work hard for what I get.
    Good luck. xxoo

• some days I'd rather work for it, some days I'd rather inherit it. I've been in a piss poor woe-is-me mood the past week so I'm leaning more towards inherit so I have to do 0 work.

• Work hard. I have this weird joy of watching the number in my bank account climb.

• B. i wish i was a trust fund kid

• Inheritance please! I mean, 2 mil is 2 mil. I'd fish it out of a sewer if i had to lmao

• Welp, I'm gonna be that person..

Inherit, because stress makes a person look older and I can't afford that. :(

• Inherent, then invest so I can keep making moola!