World after 2000 sucks. Who agrees with me?

I really dislike today’s world…. it’s so fuckin boring stupid and dull…. y’d I have to born in 1991…and not like in da 50s or 60s?

Only good thing occurred after 2000….. it’s YouTube…. since thanks to it I can discover music much easier than havin tobuy tons of LPs and CDs…. nothing else beyond dis…

Music sucks…same shitty beat all over again..0 creativity...

video-games suck…it’s only about da graphics…0 plot/scenario…

internet sucks…trolls r everywhere…

I really wish I was an adult during 80s-90s…world’s better n cooler back then…

Whoever lived back then as an adult was fuckin lucky…and he/she’ll realize how shitty and dull today’s world’s…

Just tell me one good thing xcept YouTube dat occurred after 2000….. and I’ll give u a damn cookie… :|

I really wish fuckin time-machines were available…so I’d go 1980-1999 on da loop….

• agree...
  • disagree...

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I think the world is better now than back then. Nowadays there is more equality in the more than before. Less sexism, homophobia and racism (not saying that it doesn't exist now, but its better than back then).
    The music back then is a bit better tbh but music now is okay too. There is too much drug, sexual references, and cussing but thats what this generation is into. We're more free and able to express things than back then where there'd be such a huge controversey over that
    The technology is more advanced now. Internet is so helpful compared to back then. And video games don't suck. The graphics don't suck. I have no clue what you're playing. Mario, Pokemon, League of Legends, Don't Starve and other games are great. Shooting games suck since they influence kids to be violent.
    The world is better now. there's different forms of entertainment. Better night life. Better shopping. Better cars. Better benefits in life

• -actually sexism homophobia and racism still xist... and it'll xist forever... i think it's about da same since then... ;)
      -music's wayyyy better during 80s-90s especially electronic music... now i've listened to only a few good songs here and there...
      -it might be helpful... but there r WAY more trolls now compared wid mid-late 90s... i wasn't a user back then since i was very young... but other people who were usin it by then told me it was much better and trolls were only a few... ;)
      -i don't give a shit about graphics actually... i prefer those simple old-school 2D graphics tbh... and my favs r those j-RPGs from 80s-90s... and ya i liked pokemon's 1st generation on game boy color (blue/red/yellow versions)... ;)
      -nightlife sucks... now nightlife looks very lousy... search for archived nightlife pics from 80s and 90s and compare 'em wid today...

• I never said that they don't exist. I said it's not as bad as before. And i know that it'll never disappear. But how would you like it if you were a minority who's lesbian and female back then in the 80's?
      The graphics in the games I suggested aren't 10/10, they're decent but the purpose and style are pretty good where back then you are limited.
      But hey if your opinion is that now sucks compared to back then that's you and I accept that :)

• "But how would you like it if you were a minority who's lesbian and female back then in the 80's?"

^then ya it'd be harder i guess...

Most Helpful Guy

• I vote 'AGREE' cause I've obviously seen 30 years before Y2K ;) everything else apart the markets were a lot better before Y2K for sure.

But nothing to dislike, that was a different experience and this is a different one :)

• lucky u...

• Thank you for the up vote ;)

Lucky are those born after Y2K cause they won't know or experience what was better earlier hence life goes on 'normal' for them :)

• Thank you, young friend for your kind and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :)

What Girls Said 3

• yes it was such a great world during the 80's and 90's
    this all happened in the 80's
    Jeffery dahmer is still on the loose and will be until '91
    Mount St. Helens erupts in Washington, killing 57 and causing US$3 billion in damage.
    Former Beatle John Lennon dies in the hospital after being shot outside his New York City apartment by Mark David Chapman, a deranged fan who had received his signature earlier in the day.
    Assassination Attempt on U. S. President Reagan
    Famine in Ethiopia
    Serial Killer Known as "The Night Stalker" Starts Killing Spree
    Students Massacred in China's Tiananmen Square

this happened in the 90's
    Bosnian Genocide Begins
    Rwandan Genocide
    Mad Cow Disease Hits Britain
    O. J. Simpson Found Not Guilty of Double Murder (we all know he did it)
    Princess Diana Dies in Car Crash
    JFK Jr. Dies in Plane Accident
    Killing Spree at Columbine High School
    Gary ridgway was on the loose
    yesss such a great world to live in

• well... sad events r gonna happen always and forever u know... no matter when u live..

here i was talkin about music games and internet mostly... am i wrong dat music games and internet (or computers in general) were BETTER during da 80s-90s?

• @asker first how can you hate gnr? Honestly. Second, very true recession, drug problems etc smh

• i didn't say i hate GnR... i'm just not much into rock music in general... i prefer electronic music as i stated above... ;)

we cannot have da same taste u know... ;p

• hmmm... makes me glad i was born in the 80's
    but the 2000s isn't THAT bad

• well.. first half of 00s was... meh...

after 2004... world has gone shitty... and as time goes by it becomes even more shittier...

• yeah, for me the first half was good
      then got worse after 2010
      although there were some good money-making opportunities that half that i didn't capitalize on...

• Even the spelling got worse : Seriously, at least in the 80's / 90's the grammer was better than now

Can you see my point of view

turned into

Cn u c my Point

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't be that hard on 2000 plus - I think every era has its pros and cons. I left school in the late 1980s Ireland and Dublin were in a shitheap economically - Unemployment edging towards 20%, Dublin in the grips of a heroin epidemic, Ireland coming out of the dark ages, divorce/contraception/homosexuality all illegal, the country in the grip of either corrupt or inept politicians and religious leaders. 200 miles up the road irish catholics and protestant killing each other for long forgotten reasons but all they know is they fucking hate each other.
    Paradoxically I found it a more spiritual, individualistic time in lifestyle, music etc.
    I was just coming up to my 31st birthday on jan 1, 2000 so can't comment on 21st century as a young man but one thing I love post 2000 is the internet for info gathering in 1990 I would have go to the library for "V" encyclopedia to find highest mountain in Vietnam, today 2 seconds on google. Also cheap instant international communication and friends all over world.

• “y’d I have to born in 1991…and not like in da 50s or 60s?” and get sent off to Korea or Vietnam?

YouTube isn’t the only good thing that happened. The internet in general took off in the 2000’s.

“Music sucks…” the late 20th century was full with shitty repetitive synth songs but just like then, you simply have to search through them to get to the good ones.

“video-games suck…it’s only about da graphics…0 plot/scenario…” EXCUSE FUCKING ME? You mean to say that Mario or fucking Pac Man has more plot than Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, TESV, or Halo? Seriously…if anything, video games received MORE plot than they had before. Pre 2000’s videog games focused exclusively on gameplay only. THEY had absolutely zero plot. Sure, they were fun none the less, but had not plot. Unlike today. Heck…even COD farts out some pseudo plot to string you along.

• "YouTube isn’t the only good thing that happened. The internet in general took off in the 2000’s."

^anything good xept YT? just a bunch of lousy SM sites...

" the late 20th century was full with shitty repetitive synth songs but just like then, you simply have to search through them to get to the good ones."

^personally i enjoy 80s and 90s electronic music way more than 00s-10s... but it's a matter of taste i guess...

"” EXCUSE FUCKING ME? You mean to say that Mario or fucking Pac Man has more plot than Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, TESV, or Halo? Seriously…if anything, video games received MORE plot than they had before."

^i like those 80s-90s j-RPGs wid simple 2D graphics personally... i believe they have better gameplay/plot... i never could get into modern games much... :|

• oh i see... guess 80s wouldn't be an ideal era for USSR... :|

• Lol no decade would be. Well everything they did have was super cheap but they had nothing in abundance as my parents told me. Train tickets, bus tickets would be cheap. Bread, milk and other foods were cheap and the prices almost never changed but more often than not the store shelves were almost empty or just lacking in variety.

Consoles and other Western media stuff was banned entirely.

• Well its relative the 60- 90s sucked too every generation will always say something like this or"my generation was better because..." Life sucks if you let it suck if you like music form thr 50s listen to it. Don't like repetitive beats then ignore those songs, trolls, fuck em, videogames suck now a days? play the old ones, catch my drift
    ?

• "my generation was better because..."

^i believe my generation sucks actually...

• 80s girls had that beautiful curly hair. Why in the world did they stop? It's amazing.

• "Music sucks": all the old music still exists for you to listen to, just now there is more music
    "video-games suck", yeah but again you can still find the old games if you look hard enough. And the new games have more plot than old games (which is why they suck, it's supposed to be a game not a story.)
    "Internet sucks": it didn't used to exist, in fact most people didn't even have computers then. And you don't have to use it if you don't want
    So it's mostly just the same as then but with extra things.

• ok about music/games... but internet was way more awesome in da mid-late 90s... i loved those HTML graphics... and i loved it was almost troll-free... ;)

• do u like all those trolls now?

• They don't really bother me, you can just ignore them. Internet with trolls is certainly better than no internet

• it's not about trollls it's about PEOPLE who don't know how to ENJOY life without cellphones and internet.

There were better parties in 1960-2000 than in this days people know how to relax, dance and have fun, yes even have sex or anything like that.

Now we're like zombies programmed to do what they want. We think we're free, but we're controlled by media and social medias. Yet we call ourselves free?