How do I become rich?

I want to make millions upon millions of dollars. Do you think a lemonade stand will work?

• sell me some lemonade
  • give up on your dreams and work at McDonald's the rest of your life
  • I like kool-aid
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• ill buy your lemonade!

Most Helpful Guy

• my father made millions starting his own company. he said when he was in college he wasted his scholarship money on penny stocks. dont do that, its for chumps. the stock market is volatile, unpredictable, because of something called chaos theory. but the good news is even though its fluctuations are random, it typically has a gaussian distribution-at large enough scales it can even out, so if you're betting what will happen to coca cola stock from moment to moment, you will lose, but if you invested in the 50s and waited patiently you will have a sizeable retirement. and the best way to go about investing is stocks is hedging, instead of putting all your eggs in one basket, you can typically just bet on all the players evenly, that way no matter who wins, you win. but it takes a bit of money to actually pay off. the most money to be made is from entrepreneurship and venture capitalism. i'm soon to be accepted on the board for a seasteading company thats looking for investments of up to 10 million. i'm working pro bono at the moment in exchange for 10,000 shares currently valued at par at 1ยข a piece, by the time the company starts selling them they will be valued at 100$ apeice, immediately making me a millionaire. if i stay with the company and everything goes well, i'm bound to be far far richer than that

this is why you get in on the ground floor of something big, opt for shares instead of cash, put in time and effort to make sure it goes swimmingly, and reap the rewards. venture capitalists do the same, but also contribute their own money to fund the startup, in exchange for a bigger piece of the pie

• I usually don't go for serious answers but damn this was actually helpful.

What Girls Said 6

• Start Something

Most wealth in America is created through owning a business. Recently, Mass Mutual looked at the proportion of business owners that make up a number of wealth cohorts. They found that 17 percent of people with between $100,000 and $500,000 to invest were business owners.

Keep in mind there are about 8 million employer-based companies in the United States, meaning the incidence rate of business ownership (the natural rate at which you find business owners in the general population) is about 3 percent. Said another way, if you grabbed 100 people walking down the street, on average three of them would be business owners. On the other hand, if you took a random sample of 100 people with investable assets of between $100,000 and $500,000, 17 of them would be business owners, meaning you're more than five times more likely to find a business owner in the $100,000 to $500,000 wealth segment than you are to find an employee.

The trend becomes more pronounced the higher up the wealth ladder you go. If you look at wealthy investors with between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in investable assets, you'll see that the proportion of business owners in the segment goes up dramatically--to 27 percent.

You can take Richard Branson as an example to follow.
    http://lifetile.me/timeline/richard-branson

• Starbucks made a fortune out of coffee stands. I don't see why you couldn't do the same.

• Get lucky in stock market :D

• Become a gold digger, a drug dealer, or a politician.

• OR you could simply take polaroid pictures of your limbs and sell them as art! :D

• yes a lemonade stand could potentially work, if you manage to make ood stuff and end up monopolizing the lemonade industry - you'll be a millionaire

What Guys Said 20

• You could always put some chloroform in your lemonade in the hope that some rich guy will drink some, Then after it knocks him out steal his wallet or some shit.

But, Unless your lemons are made out diamond encrusted gold, i wouldn't bank on it mate.

Oh well... look on the brightside, Free Big Macs for life!

• If your lemonade stand becomes a nationally recognized chain or brand, then yes. If you want to become "super rich" there are two methods owning your own business and taking the profits and investing. Unless you go into penny stocks and hedge funds, there's no quick methods in making money in the stock market.

• Everything is supply and demand. Predict where the demand would be and try to supply it. Do you think people erin a lot of cold lemonade at the end of September? Even if they did do you think they'd stop quench their thirst at a shady stand ran by a grown man?

• When life gives you lemonade, make lemons.
    Life will be all like "Whhaaaaaatt?"

• A better question is why would you want to become rich? The single most satisfying job I ever did was creating an integrated and remotely managed network of computers for a public library system. It involved everything from crawling around bat filled attics pulling Cat5e cabling to writing glue scripts to training library assistants. It took over a thousand hours and I was given somewhere around $1500 for the work by the ladies in the Friends of the Library society.

The satisfaction of that work vastly outweighed the $100000+ I made in half a year as a consultant for one of the institutions that blew up during the 2008 financial crisis.

Why again do you want to "get rich"?

• Just start with being VERY rich and have some misfortunes. Then you'll be just 'rich'.

• Sling crack rocks or have a mean jumpshot
    Kidding.. someone will still be offended though :P
    Best bet is the stock market, lottery, or getting hit by someone rich when you're crossing the street I don't know

• If you hire a hot girl Your in the door pal

• Any money you spend should be able to be returned to you somehow. So if you're renting a place you should probably rent it with a friend to cut the bills in half or buy a place and rent half of it until you have the place paid off and continue charging rent while you work so you can build a solid nest egg. Everything you buy should be expected to make you money some way. I don't do this, but I also don't want to make money from making money; I want to earn my keep.

• Great start your stand, expand into a retail location, open a few more, start selling franchises and sit back on your cool millions. (Worked for Hotdog On A Stick)

• Indeed it's possible. Some guy named Mike became a millionare by selling hard lemonade to a demographic too young to be drinking alcohol.

• Lol invent something.

• Become ridiculously good looking and get some acting skills and go to Hollywood.

• it can work, but the government would be on your ass before you make 1000.

They just can't have citizens making cash without them getting some of the pie.

• Work in U. A. E

• Be a crooked banker. Oh excuse me, they're all crooked.

• invent a cure for baldness and you are billionaire

• be different from the others about the product you're selling to stand out

• do dangerous jobs on oil rigs and in mines i hear they pay like 2 grand a week thats more than 100 grand a year and you don't need to be smart

• I'm sure a lemonade stand could make you a millionaire in Zimbabwe.

www.rt.com/.../