Would you have sex before or after marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• After. That way it'll help make that marriage last forever

• Yeah, because you're far in so deep into your paperwork that you just don't feel like getting out of it even if it sucks

• What makes you think the marriage would suck? There is such thing as happily married

• And there's also such a thing as "sexless marriage", where the woman is oh so surprised and offended in the end that their husband ends up cheating with someone else who doesn't treat him like a commodity

Most Helpful Girl

• On the fence regarding this issue. Until I find the one I love, I don't think I would even bother to make a decision.

What Guys Said 8

• Marriage is an unnecessary social construct. If you want to vow to trust one another and live with one another and celebrate your dedication and devotion towards one another, then you just have to DO EXACTLY THAT. You don't need bureaucracy, you just need the devotion you claim to have.

The moment you are like "oh, I trust you, but please sign this paper so I get half your stuff if I eventually feel like this was a mistake" you make it certain that you've been lying to your partner about your intentions from the start. Guilt tripping and manipulating your partner into signing such an arrangement by withholding sexual intimacy is just pure offensive and deceptive and abusive.

• So obviously BEFORE.

Marriage is an unnecessary waste of money, and unnecessary bureaucratic paperwork.

• @Illusive_Man they don't realize that there is nothing romantic about harassing your partner into buying you a $2000 engagement ring, because a $50 ring "symbolizes that he doesn't really care", regardless of the quality or design of said ring. No, it HAS to be as expensive as a CAR, because otherwise it's not a REAL symbol of "love" (read: materialism)..

• Well that's what marriage originally was ain't it?
      The selling of sons and daughters between families for land , cattle , connection and climbing of social hierarchy.
      This is a relic of the past post-romanticism movement of how pragmatic calculations are seen as cold and some what "unromantic" . Purely academic discussion of course.

• There's no point in marriage really. It's a man made institution just to pigeon-hole people and to "legitimise" sex. It won't ever make a relationship last! People aren't going to stay married just to appease society and religion. In the 21st century, it's outdated. I don't mind being blunt as I don't look at the world through rose-tinted glasses!

• I knew a lady would down vote me!! They seem to think that marriage is the most important thing in a relationship. I wonder why that is? Do they really believe it's going to stop a guy straying if he wants to?

• Lol post a question! Don't comment here.

• Yup!! I did!! Stirred up a hornet's nest, too!!

• Would I sip my pepsi as I sink my teeth into the pizza or have it afterwards?
    I prefer taking a sip here and there inbetween bites but maybe that's just me. Maybe some people like dry mouths lol

• I didn't wait and I don't regret it at all. I don't think there's really any benefit to that, I actually think there's more negative, cause you may marry someone who's selfish in bed or simply isn't compatible.

• Why would I get married?

• After :-) 😀

• After. I have been waiting 40 something years to "find the right girl". My fat disgusting self righteous ass has been patiently waiting and once I am out of the friendzone of 12 of my closest friends whom I love with all my adoring and sincere heart I will get some I will have a free ticket to heaven.

• I would. I have. I will again. Probably tonight!

What Girls Said 3

• I'd go with after.

• Cat futures are going to skyrocket.

• The question is whether your beliefs are truly yours.

• @Analisa2015 What will you gain from marriage that can't be got from being in a serious relationship without marriage?

• before AND after lol

• Although I do think that having sex is a big deal and you should be well informed before you do it, I would rather not stop myself from something that is supposed to feel good.