Do you think some people take low quality photos to hide their looks?

I was looking on instagram and i saw a guy, with a really bad quality photo. it was super grainy. I looked at the photo and i thought the guy was pretty good looking. then i looked at his other photos and found he wasn't as good looking as it seemed.
Same with people who take pictures where they drown themselves out with light.
Do you think some of them make the pictures grainy on purpose to look better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think people take grainy photos on purpose... most just find they like how they look if the photo is a bit grainy and not so clear versus being of really good quality. So most of the photos that do get posted happen to be not the best quality... same going for using filters and stuff.
    Which 100% applies to me and nearly all my photos. I'm not going to willingly post an HD close-up of my face revealing any pimples and make-up applied in a rush any time soon! :o

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Can be the reason cuz we can't look at them clearly so we can't say anything bad.. or point out something bad..

• Maybe or maybe they just have an awful camera. Personally the better quality picture a selfie is to me the better I feel about myself.

• Yes I do that.

• Front camera plus shitty lighting makes pictures grainy,
    you use filters to make yourself look better.

• Fuck you're onto me

• they probably do.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sure lot of them do it but i don't hide nothing about my pictures or myself what people see is what they get. I am confident whether people think I'm ugly or handsome
    or buttfuck ugly. hahahaha

• No my phone camera sucks.

• I think most do

• Look my instagram. I am too handsome