Seriously Most Addictive Game You've Spent the Longest Time on? Past, Present?

It could be a board game, video game, android game, paperback magazine game or even an outside game.
Mine is Nancy Drew as well as Naruto, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Smallworlds. :3
What's yours?

Most Helpful Girl

• GTA Vice City - I played that game for 48 hours straight when it came out, when I stepped out the house I had to resist pulling people out of their cars and punching them in the face.

That and Zombie Exodus - A text based game on Android. It is excellent! So so many possibilities within the game too.

What Guys Said 34

• Hands down it has to be Rock Band 2.
    For those who don't know what Rock Band is, it is a game where you basically use instruments like these...
    www1.gamecrate.com/.../rock-band-game-2.JPG
    ... In order to "play" music as it shows you buttons to hit on the screen.

There was a time around Junior High or so where I got the game and tried playing it. I started off awful. I couldn't do anything musical at the time except for clarinet, which didn't translate too well to the game. I sucked so bad I couldn't play easy mode on some songs.
    Then my sister and I played together and she was able to play medium difficulty no sweat. I was not cool with her being better than me, so I started to practice. After lots of hours, I got to medium difficulty level, then hard, and then expert for the different instruments. I got to expert mode and worked on learning all the songs on there. I played the game A LOT. Especially the 'drums.' To give you a perspective on it, I played on the drumset enough that some drum pads fell off and broke... So I ducktaped it back on... Then I broke through the ducktape... So I just kept covering it in more and more ducktape. Then the drum pedal broke, so I had to get a new one :/

One day, I had a revelation: I like music. I realized that I want to play instruments and I have a passion for it. So from that, I saved up money, got a real drum set, and started teaching myself new instruments ever since. Music has become a huge part of my life and without Rock Band 2 I'd probably had never gotten into any music. It also shaped my music taste and got me into rock, pop rock, metal, and punk.

I had put a ton of hours into that game. Every once in awhile I go back to play it for the sake of nostalgia.

• I burnt... so many... so many hours into this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1vpkb1DoU

• TitanFall! I know I'm in the minority, but I really liked it for some reason, and have put in a lot of hours!

• Used to play this game called MapleStory. I think I spent about $300 on the in-game currency over about 7 years playing (coulda been worse).

It was super addicting when I played with IRL friends, but eventually they all started quitting, about one each year. Me and my brother were the last who kept playing.
    And then the game got extremely pay-to-win, and I always sucked at merchanting the items in-game, so I couldn't handle it. So I haven't played since this last January.

• Oh God. MapleStory should be illegal. I dropped many an hour into this myself. The only thing I ever spent money on, though, was the invisible hat.

• Well eventually when I found a legit buyer, I started selling NX to them for mesos. That's how I got like 7bil. And I just spent it all lol.

• When I was a kid, I played Microprose games like Silent Service and Gunship 2000 a lot.

More recently, I’ve played Minecraft and WURM Online a ton. I have no idea how many hours.

Oh, and I had a serious MMO addiction to a game called Neocron over a decade ago.

• League of legends.. stopped playing it 6 months ago.. thank god. Now Im active again, go to the gym every day and all in all have a happier life.

• i used to go on www.pogo.com and play all them games
    and end up falling sleep cause it would have such a calming
    effect on me ,

• Probably Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
    Then...
    Stracraft Brood Wars
    And Runescape.. long ago before they ever updated their graphics.

• Modern Warfare 2 back in '09-'10 because I always had a bunch of friends that would be on to so we always had a full team of people I knew.

A game that I was addicted to not because of my friends was Fallout 3.

• My bro loves Modern Warfare. ... I would like to try out Fallout soon

• O gosh probably destiny, that game requires so much grinding lol, SWTOR as well.

• Probably Skyrim. i have spent nearly 1000 hours on that game and i till haven't finished it

• I spent the most time in some multiplayer games. World of Warcraft and Counter-Strike (all versions) and Trackmania are on top.

For singleplayer games it's Morrowind, Europa Universalis IV and most of the GTA games.

• Probably Elder scrolls V skyrim

• Kerbal Space Program, then Skyrim, then Mount & Blade: Warband.

• I have studied chess for nearly 40 years, I'm sure that counts.

• Yes, it definitely counts. And u could teach me cuz i suck at chess.

• First thing to know is take and hold the center 4 squares of the board. If you're serious about learning I could recommend a few books.

• PC- Faster Than Light
    Console- Pokemon, SSB
    :P

• Pocket Tanks :P

• fall out and skyrim

• civilization V. I have hundreds of hours logged on that game

• Minecraft maybe or skyrim?
    The longest time I've spend in my life was definitely the online mmo "mu online". That was the nostalgia mmo that turned me into a gamer really

• definitely Galaga

• ever winter nights when it came out

• fallout new Vegas sandbox games are so addictive so much to do i mean just look at GTA V

• Skyrim, but Metal Gear Solid V might change that.

• Doom, Left 4 Dead 2

• Descent, Descent 2

• I've heard of it

• Never heard of what? I listed four games, at least ONE of which you should have at least heard of (Doom). Doom pretty much sparked off the 3D first-person shooter genre.

Doom is 1993, Descent is 1995, Descent 2 is 1996, and Left 4 Dead 2 is rather modern, still being played, running on the Source engine.

• Halo 2 several years ago...

Then probably Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and also Skyrim.

• Call of duty.

• minecraft and call of duty i still have Skype full of them only like 3 still play

• king quest , first time i played it on early nineties , i just play it again few weeks ago

• World of Warcraft
    Diablo 3

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 14

• Dragon Age series!!! Omg I've played each game 100000 times, never get tired of it. Alistair will always be my number one video game crush. I've probably clocked hundreds of hours on the series 😏

Mass Effect series is also my favorite. Ocarina of Time, and the Portal series are also my obsessions.

• Song Pop and Song Pop 2... God it's so sad how much time I spend playing that game but I live, breathe, and eat it. If anyone was why I've been absent from GAG lately here's your answer:

http://youtu.be/VgJu3l29zBk

http://youtu.be/rXJhVpo-ewE

• Gummy Drop lol (and I am not ashamed either haha)

• World of Warcraft, FFXIV, ArchAge was one of my favorites as well, League of Legends and currently Smite.

• Probably skyrim and minecraft

• Currently Temple Run 2

• League of legends or maybe various Zelda games.

• Probably Dragons Dogma; that game was really addicting.

• I'm playing a dragon game myself called Dragon Wars. It's pretty good.

• I heard so many good things about it I really need to try it out one day

• The Sims 2 hands down. I've sunk so many years into that game XD

• Animal Crossing 😬 I used to play that all day every day.

• Mario strikers and those old sonic games I used to play

• Word search

• Legend of Zelda and Pokémon! If I don't have anything else to do I'll play these games for a lot of the day.

• I love Nancy Drew so much, but in terms addiction an online game called Horse Isle definitely takes the cake.

• Yes... i am freaking addicted to the Nancy Drew series. I'll look up Horse Isle. What's it about?

• You should try them! Definitely try both and give them a good trial run before you pass judgement. Let me know if you like them and maybe we can meet up or something.

• Yeah, that'll be cool.