Are you a vengeful person?

Personally, I am ridiculously vengeful and the best thing is that, I don't even show that. (what I'm doing it now? 😳) It is not even tit-for-tat, I hit way harder!

by the way I'm controlling myself nowadays. I feel like, this is nothing but a time waste unless it is necessary (Newton's third law). Ignoring the ignorant people is a far better way to get rid of 'em.

What about you? If you are not, how do you treat them?

• I'm vengeful. 😈
  • I'm not vengeful. 😇
  • Fact: In 1999 hackers revealed a security flaw in Hotmail that permitted anybody to log into any Hotmail account using the password 'eh'.

Most Helpful Girl

• I could say I'm not, the most I'd do is to just cut off all relations with said individual.

I've been betrayed by so many people and god knows how many times I've been hurt, if I were to ever seek revenge one by one it could take forever. I just cut off all ties with them, even if they apologize I wouldn't give them a second chance. I'm not the kind of person that could ever forgive and forget. Screw me and you're in the list. Period.

So far I have not met anyone that did something that would make me choose to make them pay for what they did. I'd rather just bear all of it and sometimes when its too much, just cry myself to sleep like how I always do. It feels much better after that.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Being vengeful is a sure sign of weakness
    2. It is a natural instinct and available in a lot of people especially either at a younger age or those who aren't mature in the mind (I receive a lot of flak for these words lol)
    3. Controlling this or any similar emotion isn't the way to get over it, one never does
    4. It is the ability to judiciously observe, think & execute that makes one humane and/or wise
    5. I may come up as a wild person to few while to others as a calm guy, at work I am seen as a guy with a temper but in reality it isn't that way. I keep it that way to ensure work gets done ;) Likewise when I'm bearing down on someone it's not my emotions at play but because it's required and warranted at that point of time in that situation :)
    6. I am adept at dodging those who are vengeful at me (most times for no reason beyond their own shortcomings) till such time that I don't deem it fit (as they've made enough nuisance of themselves to hamper / harm me and those dependent on me) to put them down - permanently
    7. What you have inferred is correct but the method is wrong. Don't control it - laws of physics also state that anything that is suppressed will tend to explode at a point in time :) learn to be judicious, think, observe and execute :)
    8. I vote 'B'

• I believe, a person can stay cool and calm and just wait for the right opportunity. And why being oppressed?

• That's exactly what I said :)

• Thank you again young friend, for your kind, thoughtful and generous gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :)

What Girls Said 18

• yikes...

yeah i've always had the mindset of just cutting toxic people off without needing vengeance. silence is the best way to do it, for me anyway.

• But... how?

• I'm the same way. I don't know how people can go from something so strong to being 'friends' @abacaxi84

• Damn straight... oh god... she hasn't talked to me for like 8 hours😰😰

• I am vengeful, but I'm also lazy. So I won't really go out of my way to get back, but I also won't way no to opportunities when they present themselves to me. Life is all about the happy accidents after all :)

• It depends on what they did to me. Most of the time, I'm not vengeful and just want to go our separate ways/I never have to see them again if it's something somewhat major. Minor things - nah, I let them slide. I'll forgive, but never forget.

I haven't been in a situation where it was something major... I may or may not make sure they pay for what they did.

• Awesome! :)

"I'll forgive, but never forget."
      I read in a book that all (most) girls are like that.

• It's possible. If someone has wronged me, or I made a mistake... I won't forget. I keep it as a reminder and try to learn from my mistakes.

• I kind of am, if that is surprising to you. If someone has done me wrong, REALLY wrong, I would wish for some kind of karma against them. But I would never go out of my way to cause them grief, because that isn't a good thing to do. I believe that what goes around comes around, and Karma will come to them eventually.

• Not at all. I've been hurt and betrayed many times.. But I don't hold a grudge against anyone. When I said anyone, I mean Anyone. Life is too short. I just cut those people from my life. That's it. I know if I would revenge it would make me MORE worse. Cause I don't really want to see anyone hurt, suffer

• You got me at "Life is too short" :/
      But why always you? Why only you have to bear the pain and get hurt.

• I had but we end up having something weird incident, every time 😃

• LOL! Life plays such crazy games sometimes.. haha :)

• What's the difference between revenge and vengeance?

• Good question.

Grammatically, vengeance is a noun while revenge is both noun and verb.

Revenge is retaliatory. It is intended to harm/hurt the other person. It's involves a bit selfishness.

While, vengeance has positive connotation. It involves justice and it is about to punish the culprit, not necessarily injure.

• Yes I am because I know they wouldn't ever feel truly sorry or guilty for what they did to me. So I would want to make them feel what I felt.

It's really hard to let it go and let them be happy. Though giving into that is letting them get the satisfaction of pissing you off.

• I used to be very vengeful, but as I've got older I've grown out of it. I realised that it was only causing me more emotional stress to hold onto things I should be letting go of.
    Now if I do get my own back it's immediate as opposed to letting it fester.

• I used to be. I was so mean and spiteful that it just made me such an evil person. Now I don't really do anything , the only time a person can get me to be vengeful now is if they had done something so wrong (, like knowing it would hurt me) or something. Most if the time I'm just like leave me alone if you're gonna be petty like I don't have time for negative ass people

• I am somewhere in between.. I can go either way depending on what the person did. ..

• Just don't mess with me 😇👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻

..😈😈😈

• Yes i am. I'm very volcanic. But I keep my fire tamed.

• I'm not vengeful at all because I never know what the other person is capable of. I have to admit that I chicken out.

• I mean if you have an idea of possible circumstances.

• Lol, I can't think of any possible circumstances. I try to not mess up with people.
      I'm not that smart and I'm so weak. Revenge and self defense are not my thing (I mean I'm terrible at them). I'll fail in the slightest scenario about dealing with another person.

• Aww.. I think a lot of girls are like that :)

• Aweeesome fact o_o

• Not even a miniscule amount lol!😀

• I'm a vengeful person and I am in no way ashamed of it.

• I'm not usually a vengeful person but I can be.

• Depends on my mood.

What Guys Said 17