What did cool kids have that losers didn't?

In school, what did they have and what were their personality traits? Social skills, but anything else? Money?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually, they're attractive, have good social skills, have nice things (could be a result of money or just parents that spoil them) and when I was younger I noticed the kids with the most involved parents were the more popular ones. (I'm talking like kindergarten-5th grade)
    They grow up to be even more attractive, usually bloom early, dress well, they're used to being liked and are even more outgoing etc

This isn't always true though. But I have to say I've never encountered a "popular" kid who's poor.

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally, they were better looking. Looking back at my school experience, I'd say that every single person with above average looks were at least of average or higher popularity. There were some less good looking people that were popular, but that was generally due to having a very strong personality or being funny. However, most of the people that weren't that great looking weren't that cool or popular.

Most of them were confident and outgoing. Unless you can pull off intriguing and mysterious, then generally when you are labeled as shy or introverted, it took a bit more effort to be considered popular. Hiding in a corner never really gives your peers a reason to like you.

Sometimes money factored in. Money bought opportunity. Money and material things could garner interest from females. At a younger age, having the new, cool 'toy' could help develop friendships as shallow as that sounds.

Another factor is just circumstantial popularity such as befriending the right kids early on and essentially being a part of the cool kid's group all throughout your school years just through your association with them. Or piggybacking off of your brother or sister or cousin's popularity.

What Girls Said 6

• Confidence, self-worth, and refusing to let anyone undermine their capabilities. That's basically it.

• Outgoing
    Confident
    Friendly
    Bold not afraid to speak up
    Decent to nice dress code
    Average looks to very attractive. If they were naturally ugly they took very good care of themselves and acted confident to override it

• Confidence, it's all in the confidence

• Money
    The ability to activate a mob mentality

• money probably.

• Probably a group of friends who'd all grown up together. Extroverted. Money yeah; a house/family they could take friends home to.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd like to know it. The main points were their motorbikes and cars.
    Money thus.

• when i was a freshman the only 2 senior guys in the entire school who owned sport bikes were THE fucking coolest kids on campus, and they always rode off with their hot girlfriends on the back. they just didn't give a fuck hahaa.

• @BertMacklinFBI I would think a car would be cooler, but that's just me... Even a creepy BMW beats a bike

• *crappy