Is this racist or just preference?

Being attracted to another race but not wanting to date them primarily because of their race.

For example, a white girl is attracted to a black guy but she doesn't want to date him. The main reason being he's black. (and let's make it more complicated by saying she would date a Latino or Asian guy)

its not me, it's one of my friends that said this.

• That's racist
  • That's her preference
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• Not racist, I am the same way, I am attracted to Asian women, but I dont date them because I want white kids. Why do I want white kids? Because I am white, and I dont want the entire human race to intermarry and destroy the many beautiful people groups we have around the world. The politically corrects always get mad when countries lack diversity (that is a problem they have with Japan, 98 percent of the population is the same race), but I am perfectly fine with that because if everyone intermarries, then in a couple hundred years there will be no diversity, because we will all be a mix of races. Imagine going to Japan and seeing the exact same type of people you see in America, or going to Africa and seeing the exact same people you see in China. What makes those regions of the world so unique are the people, and cultures, and if we all intermarry and destroy the people then an element of culture will certainly be destroyed as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's racist because you are ruling someone out for the simple fact that they're black. It has nothing to do with physical attraction (which in most cases can't be helped). You're making the conscious decision to not date someone because you most likely have negative preconceived notions about their race.

What Guys Said 6

• It might be racist, it might not be. Depends on her motivation beyond he's black.

for example, he's black and I find to be black people ignorant is racist
    or he's black and I don't want to have to deal with society and all of the problems that a white girl dating a black guy might bring... that's not racist, that's recognizing a reality and your ability to deal with it.

• I meant to vote "that's racist", but voted for "B" because I didn't read the description initially.

At that point, it is racist because this is not just a lack of attraction. This is actually discrimination as a result of stereotypes and stigma. And that IS racist.

• It's just a preference. I would never date a black girl personally. They're all ugly as hell in my opinion. I wouldn't date an Asian either.

• That's because You think they're ugly.

• Yes, that's what I just said

• But my friend thinks some rare black guys are attractive but she still wouldn't date them.

• that would be a little racist, if she just didn't find them attractive than no it wouldn't be

• I think it's just a preference. There are cultural considerations to take into account as well. I've had to end relationships with women of a different race because her parents wanted her to date within her own ethnicity. I understood where they were coming from, although in my mind, beauty is beauty and love is love.

• Whatever happens, tell her that once she goes black, men won't want her back.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope it's just preference. A racist in definition is a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Unless her reason for not a dating a person of another race is because of the reason mentioned above, then she's not really a racist.

• just preference.

• Yes, of course I consider it racist. She is holding onto various stereotypes.

• Its your preference. How you are treated will depend very much on what race you are.