Is humanity worth dying for?

Suppose you are to die in exhange of our species continued existance. Would you?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• No I'm selfish like that. I wouldn't kill myself to save a bus full of kids either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Easily. I'm rather disheartened by how many people wouldn't. But if the world's fate ever did rest in your hands and you had to make a quick call, I'm sure most people actually would.

• Actually, did you know that they found, in most cases, that people reflexively act on each other's behalf until they have been given time to ruminate over the decision.

What Girls Said 1

• pfft, yeah right. at this rate, humanity is going backwards anyway.

What Guys Said 13

• Humanity as a whole is not worth dying for, but individuals people I would want to live yes, I would sacrifice myself not for humanity's sake but for their sake.

• I'd do it. Humanity is much more important than my mere existence. I'm surprised that I'm in the minority here.

• I wouldn't do it for humanity. I'd die so my Mom could keep living.

• Ummm probably not.

• so it is my life or everyone's life. i would happily die because if i didn't, i would just die with everyone else

• There's a couple good apples out there in the world and I'd say they're worth it.

• Not for humanity as a whole, aw hell naw, but there are some, few, barely, kinda, sorta, maybe good people out there, so for their sake, yes.

• Nope not at all

• Wouldn't humanity dying be me dying, too?

• Humanity, no; Certain individual people, sure.

• I would die anyways so why not.

• when i see people like kartrashians , justin beaver and miley cryus , nope

• There are enough people in the world that I'm sure one of them can die for humanity instead...