What's the last dish you learned to cook?

My neighbors and I switch off cooking each other dinner. It's my turn on Sat... I'm itching to learn something new.

Inspire me, GaG!

Most Helpful Guy

• Fetus.

Kill a woman and boil the fetus in her blood. If killing a woman isn't your thing, make a trip to your local Planned Parenthood and blood bank.

Prepare with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and was down with a bottle of red wine.

• Good idea! Better do it before they get defunded!

• I'm quite opposed to PP being defunded.

like most Americans, I'd rather buy my food ready to cook, rather than have to hunt, kill, and prepare.

• @Ulyss

Hard work is my spice
      http://www.sparta.net/images/sparta.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• i recently learned lasagne. for me, that's an achievement.

What Guys Said 16

• Tiramisu. Its an awesome dessert and relatively easy to make. As a main dish id say Chicken with cramy blue cheese sauce with mushrooms and pickles and french fries as a base. The name is a mouthful because my mom came up with it xD

• I've made Tiramisu AND I'm allergic to Bleu Cheese D:

• I suppose the cheese could be replaced with a different kind such as cheddar or brie but I haven't tried myself :( sorry I can't be more helpful

• I just started making my own marinara sauce for pasta. It blows away store bought stuff, and it's incredibly easy--it's a one pot job and there's not a ton of prep.

Here's the recipe I followed:

http://wellnessmama.com/8907/pasta-sauce/

Throw that over some pasta with a little parmesan (or not), and it's seriously delicious. You can also use it as a base for a meat sauce, too.

• Next learn to make your own pasta off you don't already. It takes some elbow grease, but it's worth the work.

I normally make pesto rather than marinara, but both are very easy and totally delicious.

• i can't even remember the last new dish i leaned i read lots of cooking magazines and i have been watching to much iron chef America but i think it was grilled shrimp marinaded in olive oil red pepper flakes fresh ground peppercorn lemon and parsley then grilled its simple but if you want some inspiration checkout this guys channel on you tube i like his commentary simple and the recipes look pretty good

www.youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw

• The last thing I remember learning was baked shrimp ziti. It's been a while though.

• I learned how to make Black Bean and Gooseberry Enchiladas from one of my favorite novels Secrets Of The Tsil Cafe a spicy novel with quite a few good new and old world recipes.

• Why not make costillas very tasty and great with the right ingredient and its a new dish and ethnic food 🙀

• I still haven't learned to cook a last dish xD

• Curry! )))))

• Shrimp Nicoise. Before that it was a recipe of my own concoction called chicken McQ

• Try and find a butternut squash soup recipe

• Meatballs. Never made them before, but I had some ground beef to use up. They came out pretty good.

• 'bunny chow'- it is a south African dish

• I made pizza today from the beginning! Like I made the dough too😍💪

• Chicken Tikka Masla (Its heavenly)

• ... bacon...

• Hershey's chocolate syrup and chicken and gravy under biscuits.

What Girls Said 11

• My best and favorite thing to cook is homemade spaghetti sauce. :) It's ridiculously easy and so much tastier than the jar sauce.

How I make mine: Put oil, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes in a pan and let them sweat. Then add a can of crushed tomatoes. Then heat and season with salt and pepper to taste (and garlic powder if needed). That's all!

• My best friend also makes an AMAZING potato soup. I wish I had the recipe! I know she uses evaporated milk rather than heavy cream.

• The last time I actually cooked I was learning chicken recipes, it as a while ago though. So the last one was

Chicken and Cashews. Paired it with a simple rice pilaf:

I do oven backed chicken (lightly salt & pepper). Usually used chicken breast only, either tenderloins or I cut them up myself.

I added toasted red peppers and chopped (raw) green onion. Add a little bit of a clove of garlic (minced). If I do one of those boil-in-a-bag rices, I cook these separately. Otherwise I add it into the rice, stir once in a while.

Someone suggested I used 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger in with the rice pilaf, but I didn't. That is an option.

Then use unsalted cashews, since I added salt to the chicken and usually add soy sauce (low sodium).

- I probably forgot steps, so if you are interested, I might look it up for a more accurate description & steps. :)

• I can't cook.

But I mean... I learned how to not burn bacon the other day.

I have a peanut butter pie recipe if you want it. But most of my "meals" are, in fact, ingredients rather than meals.

• The last thing I learned was potato cream soup. Been trying out quite a few soup recipes these days for an event..

• i think the last one was a homemade roasted tomato soup. it wasn't bad! another recent dish i've learned to make is chicken fajitas. i made my own marinade and some homemade guac to go with them.

• Baked mac n cheese 😅

• chicken kara-age

• I think the last new thing that I tried was either a lemon and chicken broth pasta or a green curry. I don't remember. I haven't been cooking much lately. Greek marinated lamb chops? Don't know.

• Me + cooking = NOT!!!

• Caprese Lasagna by Rachel Ray

• A cheeseless mac and "cheese". Replace the cheese with cashew nut sauce.