Is it okay to asks girls for numbers just for practice?

Just for practice... so one can get better at getting numbers and talking to girls. Girls give out numbers all the time and never call back, it's just for an ego boost or whatever so why can't we do the same?

• It's okay
  • Not okay
  • answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. It's just a number. And once you're comfortable asking for it, graduate to getting numbers from girls you actually do want to call and try following through on those. That's more useful in building these skills than just getting numbers from people you're not really interested in.

Also, whatever you do don't go and get the numbers of all the girls who run in the same circles. Guaranteed they'll talk about it and not take you seriously after that. Practice should be with strangers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite what many girls are going to say, it's okay and necessary. It's pretty much one of your only viable attempts at avoiding scarcity: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22231-scarcity-fundamental-setback-in-dating

Plus, asking for a number doesn't indicate much. All it means is that you might date or hook up with them, but if they get hurt over you not texting them, then it's their fault for actually having expectations.

Mind you, girls do this all the time as you said, by giving out numbers and not responding, and again, there's really nothing wrong with that anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally don't think it's okay but I guess I make a bigger deal out of this kind of thing than most. I just don't think it's a good idea because asking for a number in my mind = interest. I don't know, I just don't like people who go around leading others on.

What Guys Said 5

• But why would you approach a girl you aren't interested in? Approach girls you would wanna talk to, that way you have a reason to call them.

• Agreed. Despite what I said in my opinion, you should still go for girls you are at least somewhat attracted to.

• They aren't the same person and you can't log on with multiple accounts on here. You will be banned.

• @Xelebrum
      #STAYMAD KID. #MADCUZBAD

• Yea go for it practice makes perfect

• Yes but only if you actially will talk to them. Otherwise just stick to talking to them.

• yea go ahead...

• Yep, do it. You have to learn. Women who are upset with that can piss off, they aren't the ones who have to do the approaching and they have no idea that it's a skillset that takes substantial practice.