Do career women, still need a man in their life?

It seems they don't, but, if they did they'd only date rich and powerful men that would help advance her career

Y'all still aren't answering the question

Most Helpful Guy

• FEMALE HYPERGAMY COMES AT ALL LEVELS DAVE.

What Girls Said 28

• I'm pursuing a career in medicine and my partner works in a recycling factory... our careers couldn't be more different but I don't rely on him financially, I rely on him for support and encouragement, he helps me to laugh after I've had a bad day and reassures me that I made the right choices. It's not all about the money.

• "pursuing" is not having.

• @9mfeo to disprove his observation even more, when I met my other half my salary was still double his wage. Some people are too quick to judge.

• We could use more people like you

• Technically no one *needs* a romantic partner. We just happen to like the companionship.

• It's not need. It's want. Wouldn't you rather be wanted?

• I don't think anyone should "need" anyone else, regardless of gender. When you need someone else, you lose yourself, who you are and you should have your own life outside of boyfriend/girlfriend. Wouldn't you rather a woman be with you because she wants to and chooses to, not because she needs you for something.

• ^^ that's how I feel. I think it's actually a sign of emotional immaturity to feel as if you will die without having someone in your life. Given a certain amount of life experience, you should be pretty self-sufficient. To me, it's a greater sign of commitment to choose to be with someone despite being totally fine on your own.

• seriously? this is seriously how u think? sad. #generalisation249

• So women are damned if they (wrongfully) date a man for his finances and women are damned if they make their own money and don't NEED a man.

... uh, alright.

The men of gag... highly delusional, hilariously bitter

• I really don't understand why guys think about it in this way.

You assume every adult to be... well an adult and be able to live their life on their own. So no I wouldn't hope any grown woman NEEDS a man, regardless of career choices.

However we're a social species we want company and intimacy. And what's wrong with that?
    Do guys guys really want to be with a girl that needs him to survive? And hence doesn't really have a choice in being with him, now does she?

• Of course they do! Jsit because they don't need someone to support them financially, it doesn't mean she doesn't need a man in her life

• At some point, it would be good having a like-minded companion you can share your concerns with, someone that will emotionally support you during a hard time (ex: you had to deal with a death in your family).

I don't care about how rich he is. I would be looking for an emotional connection, something that can't be done by just having a career.

• A partner and family are still a priority over having a career. Just like men though, career women only realize or want that later in life, after actually having a career. So maybe it depends on what the woman in question is prioritizing in that given time.

Well, I can only speak for myself here, but also usually men and women hold different roles when in a relationship or when starting a family and it's harder to combine both for women. Sometimes it becomes a choice we don't want to make.

• This is like asking if college graduates need romantic relationships. Too broad and impossible to answer. Everyone's different. Some people need significant others and some don't. Whether or not they have a career isn't a defining trait, with the one exception being if they were looking for a sugar daddy/sugar momma.

• They want a man to love and protect them.

• I think you should still get married so you can have children. That way if you are old and suffering from Alzheimers or cancer your husband or children (if your husband is dead) can take care of you.

• Marriage doesn't mean children. Also, what if he/she is infertile?

• they still need men emotionally, mentally, physically

• No, they don't need a man in their life. They could however want a man in their life.

• I don't really care about career since I only want to travel, but I am an independent one, and people always think that I don't need a man at all. And personally, I think so too, but I don't think it's about needing someone. It's about being loved and loving someone which is different from needing. Women might not need a man, or vice versa but, who doesn't want to be loved and love?

• Yeah if the y don't want to use a vibrator for the rest of their life.

• Does a career man need a woman? Why does having a career matter to her desire to have a partner, unless of course you're trying to say the only reason women marry is for money, in which case you're an idiot.

• Isn't that kind of the point... to marry for money?

• It's only recent that this "marrying for love" thing happened. It used to be all the time that people only married for money. Love is like I said, only recent

• The thing is marrying for money was needed when we were't able to have the same career opportunities as men, when we weren't allowed to own our own property. Maybe you should join the 21st century, a lot has changed since you last took stock it seems.

• Just because someone has a passion doesn't mean they don't want love. It could go for a number of different things. But everyone's ones different and doesn't make a woman who is career driven any different.

• I never said they don't WANT it, i said do they NEED a man in their life

• Yes, they use men when they are horny and kick them out would be my guess. Long term relationships probably don't happen with rich and successful women, but their is a high probability that they still need dick.

• (smiling)

NEED = NOT
    WANT to date + have fun & sex with = ALWAYS :)

• So I'd have to choose?

• haha

this ain't a win or loss thing.

I am just saying that assuming you are a straight women you do need a man because you are still human and you need companionship... that is the human psyche. What you dont necessarily need is a man as a breadwinner.

• Cool.
      I am super competitive so rarely reach for the off switch.
      Apologies.
      U DO have great points even though Im bi.
      Cheers xo
      .

• there's less incentive for career women to get married but most people still want a partner.

• I think there's someone for everyone, even a career woman!

• Every woman needs a man. Every single woman.

• they do, it's always nice to have an extra hand

• "Need" probably not, but "want" is totally possible. Some people (men and women) are so career driven, they don't want a serious relationship, so they just have flings and ONS or something. Others do want a stable relationship, sure.

• I find it to be that a lot of (not all) career driven women actually need a man more, in an emotional way. That doesn't mean she needs a man with money; no, she needs a man with passion and drive. A man who will push her to be better.

• But what if a man with passion and drive, just happens to be rich and can help advance her career "i only like/d you for your money"

• Some women are like that. I hate that's true, but it is. But a lot of successful women don't actually care about that. Why should they? They make their own money. Of course, like a lot of successful men, they don't want to be with someone who is likely to take all of their money. But at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. But I guess being rich and can help advance her career is a nice bonus. It's like having a nice piece of chocolate cake. You love chocolate cake. Do you wish you had a glass of milk with it? Sure! But even if you don't, you're still gonna eat that damn cake and love every single second of it.

• Need? Not exactly... but would many of us want a good man in our lives? Most definitely.

What Guys Said 25

• @Prettygurl12
    @9mfeo
    @GirlsLie
    @kittykatbrat
    @nalaa
    @RachelBrigs
    @littlemermaid89

The problem here is one of language more than action.

Need vs want.

From the female perspective:

Need implies subservience, dependence, inferiority, lack of options, lack of control.

Want implies choice, desire, fulfillment, exercise of options, application of will.

However...

From the male perspective:

Need implies interconnection, intimacy, bonding, attachment, emotional involvement

Want implies detachment, conditionality, optionality, low investment, impulse, replaceablity

Think of the usage of the word in this sentence:
    "Do you want fries with that?"

Generally speaking, men would like to be regarded with more value than a side of fried potatoes sold at a fast food restaurant.

An analogy:

Imagine a mother that has just lost a child to cancer. The prognosis had not been good for the last 18 months, so the death was not even a surprise. She is still well educated. She is still well employed. She is more than capable of making her way in the world.

Yet, the loss leaves her devastated.

Would you say that she wants the child?

Back before the child was conceived?
    Yes, then the child was wanted.

Since that time, the bonds of love and attachment have grown. I don't think the word 'want' describes the character of this relationship accurately given its usage in our consumer culture.

Denial of a 'want' yields disappointment, not devastation.

When men say they desire to be needed instead of wanted, what they mean is they wish to be valued like the deceased child and unlike the french fries.

This may seem beyond obvious.

But...

There ARE many, many men in our society who are valued less than french fries. Not being valued is a real, justifiable fear.

• Why did you tag me?

• @gray_sailor
      (smiling) Just so u know, Im stealing your "conversation grenade" comment. UPS with gratitude xo :)

• @kittykatbrat

Feel free to use it as much as you want.

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

• girls always need a man in their life. they just prefer them at a distance, where they can use them without thinking about it or feeling guilty for it. are they really going to keep a reminder like that close to home? hell no. they want that shit far away, like starving children in sweatshops, where they can lament about it for attention but not have to think about it, when they're eating or buying clothes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nSSIBQcMGA

but what you said is also true. women are the only ones who go on dating sites "not looking to date or have sex but here to make connections". never asking who is this man or why does he owe me anything, but quick to bring it up if anything is ever asked of them.

• From my personal experience career women are one of the most bitter demographics I know. Yes, they do need a partner in life like anyone else - but they often either don't admit it, ignore it or simply put the wrong prioirties.

Additionally career women are a big red flag for me - and I am not talking about wanting to study something nice, but about really putting extensive effort and work into a career.

• Is it need or want? A career oriented woman doesn't "need" a moneybag, she can take care of her own biz no problem. What you are describing is a gold digger, yeah you get those, but so-called gold digging and hard working don't really mix well in the head. That is, if we establish a career oriented woman to be hard working - in my experience they are, but exceptions always occur, I guess.

Now, how about want? Well, you are not the only person on god's green earth who Wants to share all of the joy and sorrow with someone else. A woman with a career is still a human being.

• Career women are men essentially.

• Having a career is a smart and basically required thing to do these days, everyone has to pay bills, has to pay rent, has to eat, we're all adults. How does working because you need these things, make you a man exactly?

• Super attractive women don't need a career. They may work, but they work for fun. Women who go to college for a serious degree i. e. Engineering are to be treated like men. These women don't need a man. The women who can get men with their looks often don't have careers.

• A career doesn't bring emotional stability. A career isn't there to listen to your problems. A career isn't there to hold you when you're crying. A career isn't the to smile with you. A career isn't there to go on adventures with you. A career isn't there to cuddle on a rainy day. A career isn't there to tell you every day that they love you.

• Everyone is avoiding the rich guy part for further career advancement

I think women all ways look for the guy who can offer the most

• Of course career women want a man in their life!

• they do need? it is natural but they can pretend and suppress their normal behaviour by regularly keeping themselves away from such matters..

• if they want a baby yes

• No... they just want to work and play with their cats (sarcasm)

• Life isn't purely about ourselves. We might not need someone else in the same way we need air but in some cases though we do need other people to live the lives we want. Think about a woman who has had issues and she finds a guy who has really helped her to grow. I'd say she needs him. Same with career women.

• of course. They want more money.

• *infinite facepalming*

There is no "need" for a woman to get with a rich and powerful and whatever man to get anywhere, just like a man doesn't "need" a woman to do the same thing.

• Well people generally like having people in their lives of similar status level

She's would be a powerful women that is independent, the idea of a man to women is a person that can take care of you, give her security and be the guy... so obviously she's going to need to find someone as her level or higher to achieve this feeling

• Yes they do. Career women won't date a guy who makes less money than she does.

• I always wondered being im currently unemployed, what if I met a woman with a great job that I didn't have to work, would she accept me taking care of the house by cooking and cleaning and doing repairs and yard work. Like reverse roles because I'm excellent at that stuff and if I don't have to work I will happily stay home and do my work there. Wonder if there are any women like that because I need to meet them!

• Females don't "Need" a man in their life. Everyone can hold their own if they put their mind to it.

• nah, just a hot gardener who will fuck them regularly.

• we all need someone

• It isn't about 'needing" a man, it is about wanting a man/women for the right reasons, not for fiscal gain.

• Yes but not for powerful , for support her and give confidence

• they do but they are too tight and unattractive characters to have success in love.

• Women want men for their resources cause the man's role is a resource provider. If she already has more resources than any man, than she doesn't need a man, and if she wants to get pregnant she can just do artificial insemination.

• They tend to view men as disposable. If you get involved with one, simply plan on cohabiting at most.

• Best answer so far

• Well you've obviously met every single woman who has a career and examined their minds thoroughly...

• @GirlsLie
      Just playing the odds. Save the "generalization" policing for someone who cares.