Whats the biggest body of water you ever swam in?

• swimming pool
    3% (1)5% (2)4% (3)Vote
  • lake
    6% (2)10% (4)8% (6)Vote
  • puddle
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • i dont like water
    0% (0)5% (2)3% (2)Vote
  • ocean
    85% (28)78% (31)81% (59)Vote
  • other (what was it)
    6% (2)2% (1)4% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
14|16

Most Helpful Guy

• I have gone swimming in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans.

For freshwater swimming, the largest lake I've gone swimming in is the largest freshwater lake there is: Lake Superior (border between the United States and Canada)

The best ocean swimming I've ever experienced was when I went snorkeling in the lagoon of a small atoll named Deigo Garcia (between the horn of India and the east coast of Africa)
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...400000578-960_634x477.jpg
    The atol itself was very small.
    cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...e353ffa6eceef2bfe32.jpg
    But the water was very clear and very warm. The coolest thing was having clownfish swim up to check me out.
    www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/.../...acf926d2.jpg

2|0
    0|0
    • One clown checking out another? lol I don't remember swimming there, though I may have. Do remember the great snorkeling at Okinawa. Extremely beautiful fish there.

• Show All
    • Maybe it means they can't find the cheese. lol I don't think the admonition we received was worded as not "molest native chickens". But it was to leave them alone. And luckily was not there at Christmas, so I did not have to rely on Christmas meal there. I do remember sitting on the patio at the club watching launches, recoveries, and touch and goes on the deck of the carrier I was attached to. Usually I only got to see those from on the ship. Plus, only when under way getting a good head wind. Doing this at anchor was a definite novelty.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• The Pacific Ocean.

Although the good old Great Lakes are pretty impressive in and of themselves... but not the biggest. There's some scary stuff in the Great Lakes though lol

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• The Sea. My mum and I both got caught in a rip once when I was a lot younger and gosh it was freaky as anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • The paci-fucking-ocean.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pacific ocean... deepest swam...208 feet... farthest from shore paddling.. 3 miles... nearly died 6 times. but all worth it

1|0
    0|0
  • Swim? I'm sorry some stereotypical boundaries haven't been crossed yet.:/ I don't know how to swim but I drown like nothing you've ever seen before.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lake is the largest I've swam in.

1|0
    0|0
  • I swim in the Pacific every year.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Pacific Ocean

1|0
    0|0
  • The Atlantic Ocean. When I was at the Pacific it was wayyyyyyyy too cold for swimming.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Atlantic Ocean

1|0
    0|0
  • bathtub...

1|0
    0|0
  • Playing on the beach count? Atlantic Ocean. If not, I've been snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say ocean, but I can't because I wasn't swimming, but rater drowning.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Atlantic. Our ship stopped in the middle and we swam and fished.

1|0
    0|0
  • the Atlantic ocean

1|0
    0|0
  • Lake. Espically i dont like water (but i did it!)

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• the ocean =]

1|0
    0|0
  • Baltic sea. I've never had the experience of swimming in the ocean :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Aside from pools, ponds and lakes, I've swam in the Atlantic, Pacific, Sea of Cortez and the Gulf of Mexico.

1|0
    0|0
  • I swam in the ocean and dove under the waves and tasted salt on my tongue.

1|0
    0|0
  • I accidentally picked other but it was supposed to be the ocean

1|0
    0|0
  • Gulf of Mexico

2|0
    0|0
  • The Atlantic ocean.

1|0
    0|0
  • The ocean. I grew up on it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Vote E.
    Like, is there anything bigger?

2|0
    0|0
  • i have waded in the ocean

1|0
    0|0
  • The beach, so ocean. I don't do it so often since I was knocked unconscious when I was young.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lake Erie. It is less than an hour from my house and I have never been to the ocean.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did not know that you had been so deprived as to never have swum in an ocean. lol. Time for a road trip. Or maybe better to wait for the weather to warm up again. :-)

• Show All
    • @Red_Arrow Yes, thank you. I hope so too. It is all depending on my sister. We have been planning it for months and now she is talking about backing out.

• Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it would be a fun trip for both of you.

• Pacific ocean :)

0|0
    0|0