Whats the biggest body of water you ever swam in?

• swimming pool
  • lake
  • puddle
  • i dont like water
  • ocean
  • other (what was it)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have gone swimming in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans.

For freshwater swimming, the largest lake I've gone swimming in is the largest freshwater lake there is: Lake Superior (border between the United States and Canada)

The best ocean swimming I've ever experienced was when I went snorkeling in the lagoon of a small atoll named Deigo Garcia (between the horn of India and the east coast of Africa)
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...400000578-960_634x477.jpg
    The atol itself was very small.
    cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...e353ffa6eceef2bfe32.jpg
    But the water was very clear and very warm. The coolest thing was having clownfish swim up to check me out.
    www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/.../...acf926d2.jpg

• One clown checking out another? lol I don't remember swimming there, though I may have. Do remember the great snorkeling at Okinawa. Extremely beautiful fish there.

• Maybe it means they can't find the cheese. lol I don't think the admonition we received was worded as not "molest native chickens". But it was to leave them alone. And luckily was not there at Christmas, so I did not have to rely on Christmas meal there. I do remember sitting on the patio at the club watching launches, recoveries, and touch and goes on the deck of the carrier I was attached to. Usually I only got to see those from on the ship. Plus, only when under way getting a good head wind. Doing this at anchor was a definite novelty.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• The Pacific Ocean.

Although the good old Great Lakes are pretty impressive in and of themselves... but not the biggest. There's some scary stuff in the Great Lakes though lol

What Guys Said 15

• The Sea. My mum and I both got caught in a rip once when I was a lot younger and gosh it was freaky as anything.

• The paci-fucking-ocean.

• Pacific ocean... deepest swam...208 feet... farthest from shore paddling.. 3 miles... nearly died 6 times. but all worth it

• Swim? I'm sorry some stereotypical boundaries haven't been crossed yet.:/ I don't know how to swim but I drown like nothing you've ever seen before.

• A lake is the largest I've swam in.

• I swim in the Pacific every year.

• The Pacific Ocean

• The Atlantic Ocean. When I was at the Pacific it was wayyyyyyyy too cold for swimming.

• The Atlantic Ocean

• bathtub...

• Playing on the beach count? Atlantic Ocean. If not, I've been snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico

• I'd say ocean, but I can't because I wasn't swimming, but rater drowning.

• The Atlantic. Our ship stopped in the middle and we swam and fished.

• the Atlantic ocean

• Lake. Espically i dont like water (but i did it!)

What Girls Said 13

• the ocean =]

• Baltic sea. I've never had the experience of swimming in the ocean :(

• Aside from pools, ponds and lakes, I've swam in the Atlantic, Pacific, Sea of Cortez and the Gulf of Mexico.

• I swam in the ocean and dove under the waves and tasted salt on my tongue.

• I accidentally picked other but it was supposed to be the ocean

• Gulf of Mexico

• The Atlantic ocean.

• The ocean. I grew up on it.

• Vote E.
    Like, is there anything bigger?

• i have waded in the ocean

• The beach, so ocean. I don't do it so often since I was knocked unconscious when I was young.

• Lake Erie. It is less than an hour from my house and I have never been to the ocean.

• I did not know that you had been so deprived as to never have swum in an ocean. lol. Time for a road trip. Or maybe better to wait for the weather to warm up again. :-)

• @Red_Arrow Yes, thank you. I hope so too. It is all depending on my sister. We have been planning it for months and now she is talking about backing out.

• Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it would be a fun trip for both of you.

• Pacific ocean :)