Are you Christian?

It seems there are more Christians amongst women than amongst men. How can we explain that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel blessed that i can call myself a christian

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I am and I think its because Jesus talked about heavenly things. Men are more concerned with the physical world while woman are more likely then men to focus on the spiritual. Its the way we were created.

What Guys Said 44

• I was baptized during infanthood but I'm atheist now. I won't be babtizing my kids for sure.

• Someone downvoted you. ^.~

• @Asker good for you. But in certain given situations generalizations can help.

• I'm Christian and I don't believe in judging by color, race or beliefs! I have some atheist friends, I have friends that are lesbians and I have black friends... And I'm glad they are all my friends!

• I'm Christian. There have been multiple studies done on why men are less likely to be religious. The findings related to the concept of God being challenging to a man's ego and authority. There's more to it than that bit right now it's late and i feel lazy

• Very good point ! Rest and come back to continue what you started. It is very interesting.

• www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...-compared-half-men.html
      m. livescience. com/7689-women-religious-men. html
      www.psychologytoday.com/.../why-are-women-more-religious-men

"Studies of biochemistry imply that both male irreligiousness and male lawlessness are rooted in the fact that far more males than females have an underdeveloped ability to inhibit their impulses, especially those involving immediate gratification and thrills,"

"men are shortsighted and don't think ahead, Stark said, and so "going to prison or going to hell just doesn't matter to men as much as women."

Some reasons physiologists have pinpointed toys phenomenon is despite our brains being wired for belief. Men have more a tendency to disregard ideas that challenge authority against their own and accountability.

• Yes I am

,,,

• I am yes...

• Nope I a Muslim let the down votes rain

• Umm... sort of. I've been a Christian almost all my life, but a while ago it started getting difficult to committ to one religion entirely, because what are the odds that out of all religions this one religion is true ya know? I believe in a God, i believe in an afterlife of some kind, and i believe in souls, and spirits. I don't deny the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah, so i guess in that sense i am a Christian. I just try to live my life as a good person, try to help others, be kind, so that i will end up in the best possible afterlife--regardless of what religion turns out to be true.

• ''I just try to live my life as a good person, try to help others, be kind'' : it is good but what matters the most for God is what you have deep in your heart. What saves is faith, not acts. And faith leads to really act like a good person because it begins in the heart.

• study some science makes the bible more clear

• @skeptic007 I agree.

• Yes

,,,

• I believe in God, if that's what you're asking. I don't have a "religion" or "denomination" that I follow.

• If you believe in God then it is a Good thing. But christianity involves Jesus. Do you believe in Jesus as your Savior?

• I believe in God. That's all I will say.

• Yes. I was born into being a christen but don't get me wrong that will still carries on in me

• Yes i am, and am proud of it

• Yes I am one :)

• Nope, I am Aleksandr :)

• I am Christian and proud! :)

• I am not, I am a child of the law of one.

• I am since about 19 too 20

• Christian Agnostic.

Basically I believe that there is a god, and I am inclined to believe that it is the Christian god because I was raised that way, but I am not entirely sure.

• I am a Christian yes, proud of it

• Haha not a chance xD

• No, I'm non-religious. I've been to church before when I was a kid, but I never believed in the stuff they were talking about because there was no reason to. (just like how I've never believed Santa, the Easter bunny, or the tooth fairy as a kid when people told me about them)

• No, I am Pagan.

• Is it a religion?

• Pagan, by definition is any religion that does not follow some form of the old testiment IE not Christian, Muslim or Jew. It includes all forms of Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, etc etc. Saying that you are pagan is a lot like saying that you are non denominational.

• ewwwww pagan kill it like the rest

http://i.imgur.com/l5wLpxY.png

• No i am muslim but i respect christians who doesn't claim all non-christians will go to hell by the way most of the muslims believe all non-muslims will go to hell and the heaven belongs to muslims like most of the christians but i don't agree with them.

• Hell is not a Biblical teaching. It is a way for the Devil to keep people away from God by making them believe that he can burn his creatures eternally in a very hot fire, which is contradictory to the fact that God is love.

• @jacquesvol And for the verses of Matthew you quoted Jesus talks about what is named "gehenna" in the original text. It is a word which derives from the Valley of Hinnom. In that valley, people used to burn the corpses of dangerous criminals who were not worthy to have a tomb. The tomb in the Bible symbolizs the hope of resurection. The fire was kept using sulfur so that it always burn. Note that only DEAD people were put in that fire. This symbolizes that the dead people thrown in the "gehenna" are destroyed. They will never be brought back to life. That is why it is called "eternal punishment". Jesus is not talking about an awful punishment in a real fire. Note that in Matthew 25:46 ESV: "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” he opposes the "eternal punishment" to the "eternal life" which means that the punishment is death. If the people were really thrown in fire they would still be alive!

• @jacquesvol The Bible is clear. Roman 6:23 "For the wages of sin is DEATH, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.''

• I consider myself to be irreligious, therefore no.

• Nah I don't follow any religion.

• Yes, Christian Orthodox but I'm not religious

• How can you say you are Christian and then say you are not religious?

• That's my religion. I mean that I don't go to church and stuff

• Ok. Quite paradoxical !

• No, I am agnostic.

• No, I am not

• Are you Muslim?

• Saydou sounds like an African muslim name, but not arab, maybe a version of Said

• As far as i know this name is the short of Indian name 'Sidharth' also it's the Malian name Seydou is close one. but according to this website this name originates from all over the world. http://themeaningofthename.com/saydou/ @ElissaDido

• no, I am an atheist

• Nope.

There's no way to explain gender religion.

Whoever finds Jesus finds Jesus

• no, i am wiccan.

• Negative I am a meat Popsicle.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 27

• Yes I am and I am proud to be! I also have Christian friends, atheist friends, gay and lesbian, black and white friends... And lots of others.. And I love them all, I am glad they are my friends

• Yes, I am.

• Yes, I am.

• Yeah I am.

• Yes, I am.

• Interesting how anyone that said they aren't a christian got downvoted but anyone that said they are didn't.

No I'm not religious and i know i'll be downvoted for that.

• I downvoted you just because you said you know you'll be downvoted. I checked and I found that there are many people who said they aren't Christians who have not been downvoted. You should be honest.

• The ones that weren't downvoted are the ones who posted it recently. The older ones did.

• No, I did check and there are many people who have posted before that are not downvoted. I don't know what benefit you gain from telling such a lie.

• Yes ma'am, I am a Christian.

• I'm not but I love my christian friends.

• Yes I am a Christian

And maybe men are more unwilling to admit it?

• Nah, I consider myself an atheist.

• Yes I am. Are you?

• Yeah Im a Christian. Most Americans are.

• Not even a little bit.

• I am but i dont really practice religion

• No, I'm Hannah.

• Most definitely not.

• Nope. Was raised as one but I grew out of it.

• No, I am not.

• Not really a practicing one.

• But at least do you believe in Jesus?

• It's like a lot of thing there is no definite proof he exists.

• For a Christian there is.

• No, I am not a Christian.

• Hell no and I will never be. I am a proud atheist :)

• No, I am an atheist.

• I was born and raised into a Christian house but nope, I grew up and became atheist.

• Yes, I am.

• Yesss.. I am... I posted this as anonymous because you asked question as anonymous...

• If I say no I feel like someone will try to convert me lol
    If I say yes I feel like someone will bombard me with questions

• Just share your opinion.

• Hooray 2 down votes
      Illuminati confirmed

• no im not religious