Would you teach your kids more than one language?

Think that's something your kids should learn?

0|0
25|15

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd most probably won't teach them Malay cause its pree useless and I rarely speak the language. Other than that, I'm gonna teach them all the languages which I speak, and if daddy knows others too, I don't mind as well. It's pree easy to pick up new languages at a young age.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure if i could fully speak more than one laungauge i would teach them or even if i had a partner that spoke another launguage id encourage it

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• Of course. How else would they communicate with my family? ☺

They might end up trilingual, tho. I've got a great deal of diversity in my family lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had kids: I was raised in a multilingual home, so I would like to do the same for my children. I wouldn't pressure them if they didn't want to, but I think it'd be nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I think it's important, especially in the world we live today.

If I had kids and if their father didn't speak the same language as me, I would teach them both languages.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes of course!!! i myself know 3 languages.. i'll teach them to my kids

0|1
    0|0
  • I may, but I'll have to learn the language too so they don't back-talk me in a way I can't understand :P My sister-in-law is from another country so her kids will likely be bilingual. I may ask her to help my kids and I learn her language as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, my parents taught me Arabic alongside French since I was very young, I will probably do the same. And if my future husband is not Arab, I would like him to teach them his language as-well. And I will encourage them to learn English once they're slightly older ^_^

0|1
    0|0
  • If baby daddy will know another language very well besides English, then sure, I don't mind. But I most likely won't teach my kids Latvian since it'll be useless and I don't even like the language at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes! and sign language.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would Definitely teach them more than one language. When I was little girl, my parents taught me 3 languages,. Which really helped me. It's easier to learn language at an early age and it has many advantages. Kids who speaks more than one language have better reading skills. It helps them understand others cultures, and all. Plus, it's pretty impressive when someone knows how to speak more than one languages.

There is no downsides, lol. So, yup, I would

0|1
    0|0
  • I speak more than one language so yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I knew more than one language, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely, yes. It trains their memory and their mental abilities. It give them confidence too. Plus, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • well yeah i would so they can grow up to be cool and bilingual like me xD

0|1
    0|0
  • If I knew more than one language then yes. I will encourage them to learn more than just English

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i will , languages are really usefull in life ^^ it will give them more opportunities for work in the future i think.

1|0
    0|0
  • My son and I speak English and French. My son also knows some Russian and Spanish, and maybe some Japanese by now. My grandson will learn from us all, becoming proficient, giving him an edge.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. i was taught welsh and English of my multiracial parents

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably, I'll definitely teach them English and urdu and I'll also teach them some french/Spanish at least..

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely. totally. hell yes. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely, I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, it's great if they know other languages :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. I want my children to at least know two.

0|0
    0|0
  • Besides their native one, English will be a must, and another language would come next to it.. perhaps german.. or Spanish or french perhaps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah probably I mean my dad knows how to read, write and speak multiple languages so and I'm learning to speak them as well so I don't see why not, you never know when it will come in handy and just being able to speak multiple languages is a cool thing and can help on certain jobs were you are dealing with foreigners a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely!!! It gives them cultural diversity and opportunities one language speakers never get.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. When (or if...) I have a kid, I'll sure teach it English and any other language I speak besides Portuguese. Learning languages is never a waste and the sooner a kid starts learning the better it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I’d be teaching them ASL and strongly encouraging to not make the same mistakes I did, and to learn French since bilingualism is a huge asset in Canada.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'd teach my child Spanish as well as English. And if I end up marrying a woman who knows other languages as well, I'd have her teach our child her languages too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Learning 2-3 languages is part of basic education here so not really a choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me personally teach them no but I'd have no problem someone else teaching them such as a school teacher.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they won't regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • Dutch is my main language and it's what they'd learn, but I'd probably want them to speak some English too because that is actually useful for them to learn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's something I'd consider.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would! I'd love to do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I knew any other than English, and they showed interest, then sure... No reason not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course this is a big chance

0|0
    0|0