The signs of what language do you like the most?

Many GaGers have already asked us what languages we like the most. I would like to know from you which writing systems you like the most - and of course WHY you like them (maybe you find them pretty or cool or there is another reason...). I deliberately didn't write "alphabet" because there are various languages that don't possess a letter-based writing system such as the Latin alphabet we have in Germanic or Romance languages.
Here's a few examples just to give you an idea:

- There's the Latin alphabet: "Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas" ("He is happy who can find the causes of (all) things" (Vergil). This alphabet is common in most countries of western Europe, North, Middle and South America. Sometimes there are some special diacritics, such as in German we have "ä", "ö" and "ü", in Swedish they have the "å", in Norwegian they have an "ø", in French they have the "é", "è", "ê", "à" and "â", in Spanish there is the "ñ" etc. (I'm sure there are more and I don't want to claim to be an expert). In any case, all these languages possess the Latin alphabet.
- There is the Slavic or more accurately "Cyrillic" alphabet: "Будет и на нашей улице праздник" (roughly: "We too, will be happy some day").
- There is the Greek alphabet: "Σκύλος που γαβγίζει δε δαγκώνει." ("Dogs that bark don't bite")
- There is of course the Chinese writing system: "种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆。" ("He who plants melons, will harvest melons, he who plants beans, will harvest beans.")
- There is the Korean "hangeul" system: "원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다." (roughly: "Even masters sometimes make mistakes.")
- There is Japanese, which has Hiragana and Katagana (and also Kanji): "こうちゃに レモンを いれます。" is Hiragana and "ワタシハ ヨク トショカンニ イキマス。" is Katagana.

Etc. etc. I'm sure you can think of other writing systems to. These were just the ones that came to my mind first. So whose writing system do you personally like the most and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're German? Lol wusste ich nie

I've learned mandarin before and am struggling to learn Thai with their alphabets... All I can say is... Fuck languages that don't use Latin alphabets! So hard to learn! I don't know how anyone like a particular polish friend of mine actually prefers learning languages that uses another alphabets. Probably just the exoticism... But seriously. Learning a new language is enough of a hassle even without the new totally foreign and weird looking alphabets!

Most Helpful Guy

• I love Tengwar. Apart from that i think the Tibetan and Mongolian are pretty awesome too.

What Girls Said 2

• I like Greek.

• Standard English one

What Guys Said 0