How much do you spend on food each week?

How much money do you spend on food each week and what are some good ways to save money on food?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was living alone and buying food, I would spend between 30-60 CAD on food a week.

To save money: make a list based on what you will cook for that week, ensuring no overlap of things you already have. Don't shop when you're hungry - you will make impulse purchases. Buy meat on sale and in bulk and freeze it.

• What did you normally have for dinner?

• I'm part Chinese so a lot of meat and vegetables over rice, stir-fried etc.

• If youbhave a well-stocked pantry and freezer, you don't have to spend a lot of money on food.

Most Helpful Guy

• About 125 CAD if I am frugal.
    Usually quite a bit more cos I'm always hungry and food is ungodly expensive up here in Canada.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I place no limit value when it comes to food. I basically eat whatever I want and most of the time, I'm out with my SO, so it could easily be approximately $150-200 CAD per week. Alberta is expensive for fine dining foods and their food is just okay

• $100 food from the store and eating out I would say $70 dollars a week. So $170 a week