Anyone else on here a Broke A** College Student?

• I'm Brooooooooooooooke! Can't afford Ramen
  • I'm still in school...
  • I'm not a college student but I'm still broke!
  • I'm rich!
  • I'm a broke college student with a macbook pro, iPhone 7 and I go to starbuks!
  • Not applicable

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in college. I'm broke. Which doesn't mean I have no money... just that I have limited money that is very much destined to go to specific places. One of those places is $4.55 to Starbucks every other Friday :p

What Girls Said 10

• Broke ass high school student.

• Yeah Im the MacBook Pro person LOL. But, my iPhone is a six, and I had a 4 until this summer. I do treat myself to Starbucks sometimes, but I eat yogurt, cereal, mac & cheese, and baked potatoes. I also don't have a clothing or partying budget.

So... yeah I'm lucky, but still broke

• Graduated uni 5 years ago and still paying for it...

• I am in college and I have some money that I got from family and friends at my grad Party but every time I am about to spend it on something, I just think do I really need this? The answer is always no.

• not a college student, but rather broke a** post-grad student...

• well the iphone 7 is out yet...

• Oh the perks of living in a coutry where the best universities are entirely tuition-free... I only had to pay for my rent and super cheap meals at the uni restaurant.

• I'm a college student, but I'm not broke. Parents pay for tuition and I live at home, so really the only costs I have are paying for my car, phone, food, and clothes. I work also, so I easily cover that and spend, though mostly save, the rest.

• I'm broke but I got a new job that starts next week so I will not be broke for long

• I'm rich, bitch 💃🏻💰💰💰

What Guys Said 12

• I live in a country where university tuition is very small for all universities (we only have public universities and they are all top-notch, one of which is in the world top 10. We don't have any private universities). So I can use my money for rent, taxes and the other things you need to live. I'm not broke and I do okay financially but I'm not rich either. For me, it's all about setting yourself priorities. For example I don't care about partying/clubbing and I also don't care about clothes. So my budget for these things is practically zero. Once every few months I buy some new underwear or socks but that's about it. I try to wear my clothes and my shoes for as long as possible, not only for financial but also for environmental reasons. This leaves me more money for things that are important to me. Most of all, this is cooking/eating and travelling. I love to cook and I love good food. I spend quite a lot of money on fancy food but it's worth it for me because it makes me happy. I also love to travel, especially to far away places. For example last year I went on a big trip with my best friend to Japan for 5 weeks. All together with flights and hotels and pocket money etc., we each spend around 7,000-8,000 bucks on that trip. That's a lot of money but again, it was worth it. Now I am saving up again and trying to live humbly so that in 2 years I can go on a similarly big big trip to China with my girlfriend (and in between that we do smaller things like maybe going to Italy or England or the Netherlands or Iceland for a few days).

• Nope, I'm not broke, but I still don't spend money frivously.
    I save money however I can. I don't go to places like starbucks unless I get a giftcard, and I eat tons of that cheap crappy ramen. The only place I eat that is expensive is a buffet sushi place I go to once a semester with a friend as a sort of tradition. Considering my entertainment tends to involve music instruments and jamming by myself/ with others, I don't spend extra money usually on "fun."

I do have Apple products though haha (my dad works for Apple and gets good discounts). I am lucky and happy with what I have but I don't take it for granted.

• I'm in the PhD program, and fairly poor. It's a little better because most schools (including mine) pay their PhD students a little bit, instead of us needing to pay them. So my need to take out student loans is minimal, but I have taken out one just for the 'cushion' in provides, in case the car breaks down or the house needs a new roof. Fortunately, I had a job for a while before I went back to college, so I had enough to make a significant down payment on a house, and now my mortgage is cheaper than rent would be for most of the apartments around here - plus I theoretically get it all back when I sell the house.

• Calm down freshman

• I remember those days.

• Vote D, I'm a total baller!

• i am in college and have money :/

• I'm not entirely broke, I have a fixed ass income with a job.
    Luckily my school has a meal plan for students so that helps.

• Broke as fuck. Good thing I applied for student aid but having a budget sucks.

• I freeload off of my parents.

• I'm a college student with something called a Job.

• I have two and I'm still broke lol!
      It's a repercussion of rocking swagger all the time!

• Well I am a college student but I am not broke at all. I love when people call me a broke college student and give me money, I am actually doing just fine financially because I know how to save my money. I have enough money saved, and from income streams, that I dont even need to work on campus, and can just focus on studying. I have an iPhone, macbook pro, and iPad (all of which I self financed), and I still am doing just fine financially. In fact last time I checked my bank account is over 5 figures which is pretty impressive for me, a 20 year old college student. How do I have this money you ask? Hard work. Back home in the summer time I have a landscaping business, I have deals with customers to mow their lawns once a week for a month if they pay me 100 dollars up front (per month). During this summer I had 62 customers take advantage of that deal. I had so much business that I actually got other people to do the job for me. I hired my brother and 2 of his friends to go out and mow the lawns of my customers, I paid them each 10 dollars per hour worked (or about 200 dollars per week) meaning that I made between 10 and 15 dollars for each lawn mowed, even though I didn't do any of the work. With all that extra time I got a job working as a waiter and brought in another 300 dollars a week from 30 hours a week at that job. My lawn job brought in about 600 dollars a week after paying my employees, plus 300 from my other job, means I was earning about 900 dollars a week. I worked for a little less then 15 weeks this summer, but my lawn mowing business still runs even while I am at college (although I pay my brother 50% now) so I still am making about 200 dollars a week (business has slowed though because its fall) from him. The leaf raking business is starting soon, and snow shoveling will be around the corner shortly. I set my brother up with customers, he goes and does the work, and then pays me half because it was originally my business, we both make good money from it though. This fall I expect to be making about 75 dollars a week from leaves, and in the winter I will probably make between 100 and 150 dollars every time it snows. If you also include the money I have earned from the past 2 years working my business, I have plenty of money, if college students were more business minded like myself they wouldn't be nearly as broke.