Would you put your kid through the "beyond scared straight" program?

If your kid got really bad would you put him througn this program?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I had a kid I WOULD BE the Beyond Scared Straight. No need to put him through a program. The program would be his life.

I'm in criminal justice. I'd be the hell that rained down on his ass.

No need to send him to a prison for some other criminal justice professional to school him in life when I can do that right in my own house. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Violence, hate and fear does not cure violence, hate and fear. How do I know? I was int he very first scared straight program in the US. It did not cure me. Hitting a real bottom cured me.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on how bad they really are. Since my dad is a cop I would have him put them in a cell or something over night to show them how it feels to be in prison.

• Not at all. I'd take them to therapy and get them into better extracurriculars.

• yes i would!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, if they were really bad like the kids on the show

• My father took me to jail when I was a kid. I think it helped. I would at least let my kid see what jail is like. I wouldn't want a grown ass man yelling at my child like that though. I can do that myself if I had to do all that.