Is it professional to wear a tongue ring?

On your job? If so, why?

The reason why it's so unprofessional because it represents sexual contact. It may not affect your job ability and maybe You haven't had job that was a professional setting or maybe no one cared enough to tell you.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you work at hot topic, rock it.

if you work in a professional office setting or something, I would lose it, same thing as covering tattoos.

Most Helpful Girl

• nah i dont think so. it just doesn't give off vibes of elegance and professionalism.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think it's professional, but I never linked a tongue ring to sex.
    I find it odd because the person has taken a piece of metal, and forced it through their tongue.

Any time "metal inserted into (body part)" is involved, I'm a bit bewildered.

• Not "professional", but not "unprofessional" either. It's just something that won't interfere with your job.

• Do you want to become a sex worker? Because then it probably would be.

• I think it is inappropriate to war that. I appreciate that it can be sexy, but that's all the more reason why it shouldn't be worn at work.

What Girls Said 1

• I've had one since I was 14 and nobody has ever told me I'm unprofessional. It doesn't affect my ability to do my job.