Are American and European homes dust free? Yes I am from Asia and asking this stupid question?

I from anonymous region and i noticed that in this part of world, there are generally dust problems in our homes. I mean we have to wipe our things with clothes every week like computers, Tv , electronics and other things like tables and books if kept idle in some corner for few days.

But in movies, series or normal tv shows, American or European homes seems clean. I mean homes might look dirty because of untidiness caused by things but doesn't seem like a dust problem lol.

What about spider webs people? Hahahaha

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone's home looks super clean on tv! People will clean intentionally if they know their home will be featured on a show. So don't feel bad. I live downtown in a city in Canada and my home is incredibly dusty! Part of that is living down town, another part is from living in an apartment building. But dust is essentially just dirt and skin cells. The only way to combat dust is to clean regularly. But you will still find dust all over the place despite cleaning, so don't feel bad.

It's the same with spider webs. They are everywhere!

• I forgot to mention spider webs which are main source of dusting! What about you :p :p

Most Helpful Guy

• My home, in the USA, has dust. It's pretty much unavoidable. There are home air filtering systems available, but even that wouldn't totally eliminate dust.

What Girls Said 5

• There's definitely dust, dust is unavoidable. Movies and TV shows don't show it because why would they? Lol

• Ahh an beautiful European <3

See i have also seen YouTube videos where common people shoot their things normally at their homes but it seems good. Lol
      I mean at least, they don't have to worry about spider webs at corners of the room lmao!

• Dust comes from many things including dead skin cells (yuck). Americans have dust problems, too. You're not alone!

• I forgot to mention spider webs! Lol

• Hahaha ever cleaned it? :p

• I usually don't let it get to that point. I am guilty of dust bunnies under the bed

• Dust depends on the environment but I'm sure it exists in every country. TV and movie sets are put together right before they shoot film so there wouldn't be any dust on the furniture. I enjoy the fact that you watch movies for dust lol, I like characterization and others go for plot, but to each his own haha.

• Lol idiot it was just observation :p. Nobody watches movies for it's mighty location or furnitures.

• Hahaha Dust is EVERYWHERE!

• It depends on where exactly in America and Europe. Some places do but most not that much.

• What about spider webs at corner of the rooms? :p :p :p hehehe

What Guys Said 5

• This depends on a lot of different factors. For example the environment you live in can make a big difference. In my country, we have a lot of nature (forests and meadows) everywhere, this helps prevent dust from becoming to much of a problem because it is absorbed by nature before it comes into the house. Also, we have extremely clean air, so things like smog are not a problem (even in the "big" cities, which are quite small for global standards). However, there are also factors that you just can't avoid. For example electronics generally attract dust like crazy. The more computers, TVs, printers, scanners, phones, radios, CD players etc. you have, the more dust you get. As for the apartment I live in with my girlfriend: we do have some dust but we don't have to wipe things every few days. It's enough to vacuum once a week and wipe books and electronics every few months. And we don't have any spiderwebs in the apartment.

• Yeah dude spider webs are big problem in my country. They contribute 50% at least in each hold along with natural dirt.

• there is dust everywhere

• Only if we clean them.

• I don't know about America but here in the great Europe the pinnacle of human civilization advancement there are no dust at all. It may looks messy due to clutter but thats it. It's really clean here... Foreign people falls in live with the greatest and having no dust is just one of the reason..

• Depends on the age of the home and what kind of heating it has mostly. My last house had an elecrostatic filter on the heater/air conditioning system and in five years there was never any dust. Now I heat with firewood a lot and there is a lot of dust.

• But oh no spider webs right? :p

• Well that was interesting. the cornices of the house, the angle where the ceiling met the wall, were rounded and I don't know if that was the reason but I never found cobwebs. There were plenty in the basement and attic, but none in the living space.