Why doesn't he help?

I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl 8/29 and since then my husband has only helped with im guessing about 15 diapers and when I ask him to help he won't. He doesn't even help give her baths or change her clothes or feed her. What should I do? Does he even care/love her like he says he does?

Most Helpful Guy

• Having a baby is a big change mentally. Women have post-partum depression. I had to go through that with an ex and she wasn't helpful much the first few weeks. He could be experiencing something similar or he is being just a immature irresponsible dick.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a lot of men like that. They feel like if they pay the bills and put a roof over their children's heads they don't have to actively help out with the children. Your baby daddy may be this type of guy. Talk to him in a calm manner and let him know you need his help and you are stressed out. I'm sure he loves your daughter but he doesn't want to nor understand that he needs to give you a lending hand.

• I wish you luck! focus on yourself and your daughter. If your husband doesn't shape up then you may need to get help from family and friends. Maybe even leave him if he shows no interest in taking care of your daughter.

• Thank you again

What Guys Said 5

• First golden rule of becoming an adult: Don't date a guy/girl who isn't mature and a responsible person, let alone marry him/her or even have a child with him/her.
    Now, how can someone know whether their girlfriend/boyfriend is mature and responsible?
    Well, there's golden rule number two: Never have a child at age 20. I really don't get why anyone does this. It's such a huuuge, life-changing thing and you're just taking it on good luck. Especially a lot of women seem to do this and I really don't understand it. My girlfriend and me are now talking about having children but we've already been together for 5 years. By the time we'll actually have children, we will have been together for about 9-10 years. We will know each other very, very well and will thus be able to judge whether it is a good idea to have children together. How can you know about this when you're still almost in your teens and probably haven't been together with this guy for more than 3 years or so? It's just a huge gamble basically. Young people should wait more and think twice about their partner before they impregnate them or let themselves be impregnated. A child is not something like a dog that you can just get rid of if it turns out that your boyfriend doesn't cooperate.

• I've been with him since 8/10/14 and me getting pregnant happened without planning.

• He was the one that wanted to get married first and the one who wanted and still wants kids. It took a couple of months before i actually wanted to get married and I knew I wanted kids with him but not that soon. Our daughter was unplanned but loved no different and I wouldn't give her up for anything.

• Yeah... I understand that. Of course you love your daughter whether she was planned or not :-). Well, in any case, I would definitely try to talk to him about it. It's important that he also takes an active role in bringing her up. Not just to help you out but also because it's important for her to be able to form a close bond with her dad...

• Ask him why not? Is he unsure of what to do? Is there some other reason?

• Your guy sounds like a great guy!

• and you married him why?

• Because I fell helplessly in love with him

• wow girl keep rocking. god bless you and your family. keep close to Him and you'll never despair.

• Was he a player before he meat you

What Girls Said 3

• No he doesn't care, if he cared he would actually do shit. Doesn't sound like a good husband or father to me.

• He says he cares when u ask him and he's like I care a lot more than you think and im oike then show it and he's like I do and im like no you dont and then he's like just believe that I do anr it gets dropped, I just dont know what to do im getting tired of not being helped and its really irritating me.

• Words mean absolutely nothing if he can't prove it with his actions.

• I dont have babies but maybe he just needs time feel good with his role as a dad?
    I do think you should not pressure him, be nice and dont insist. eventually he'll take his role.

• he should.. you should talk to him that she is responsibility for both of you...