Do you love yourself?

1|0
19|33

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup.

Took a lot of hard work, both physical and mental, but yes, I do love myself. But I am not satisfied with where I am currently with my life, I can do better, and I need to apply myself harder, make the most of the potential that I know I have.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 32

• Yes I think I am an amazing person but I never rest, I try to make myself a better person everyday. There are enough people out there willing to put you down so I only keep people around me who care about me and I listen to what they have to say. I expect other people to feel the same about my presence in their life.
    Loving yourself is a right not a privillege, I think everybody should love themselves and not care about what other people say about them.
    stylistuff.com/.../love-yourself-quotes-.jpg
    www.butterflykissesmd.com/.../...ourself-quote.jpg
    www.makeida.com/.../Quotes-4.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Argghh, a toughy question eh!!! Hm, honestly I can't say that I do. But only because I hang onto this one specific failure. This will sound lame, believe me I know. Even as I type this I'm contemplating stopping myself haha. But there's this girl, and she's rather the one that got away I'll say... and thus I find myself not able to love myself. It creates this feeling of feeling defeated, not having her kills my ego.

There's a few other things I guess like never getting my black belt in ryukyu kempo and taekwondo lol. It comes in waves really tho. One day I'm as confident as ever and "love myself" if I complete a task or something lol. Other days... noooooope.😔

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah since I'm "narcissistic" as fuck just like #Ihav2fart >_< i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif</a>

1|1
    0|0
  • I tend to think this whole loving yourself is rather overblown. It doesn't mean much to me if a person loves him/herself.

I believe Hitler loved himself.
    I believe Idi Amin loved himself.
    I believe Pol Pot loved himself.

I don't really care so much if a person loves him/herself. It says little about their moral fiber. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to love yourself if you've earned it (and that "if you've earned it" is a very important distinction). I've met tons of people who were shit and they loved themselves. Similarly, I've met tons of people who are awesome yet I'm not sure they love themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • True? No. I don't think I do. I try to love myself. I try to do things to make myself feel like I deserve to be loved, but I can't ever seem to quite get there. you know?
    I try to be good. And usually I feel pretty okay. But sometimes, I feel like nothing I've ever done has been enough. Like no amount of good can make up for the amount of bad I've caused. Like I'm fighting a losing battle for goodness.

But sometimes, yes... Sometimes I do love myself. :) For a little while at least.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm learning to love myself... partly by as Jad T Jones says, being my own biggest cheerleader (I wrote a myTake on that just recently and you can check it out in my profile). My biggest problem was negative self-talk and I feel like I'm finally learning how to avoid it, just by that "cheerleader" tip.

Also, perhaps NoFap is helping out too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to do something similar to this so I can sleep with myself
    static.fjcdn.com/.../...8d01ece9269b124dff933c.jpg

1|0
    0|1
  • I love myself. The problem is getting a girl to love me. That seems to be a nut I can't seem to crack.

1|0
    0|0
  • We're just good friends.

1|1
    0|0
  • I sure do. If I don't love myself I can't love others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do and am proud of who I have become
    Sure, I still have flaws, but I'm working to become a better Me everyday

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't. Fact of the matter is that if I met me on the street I'd think he was a loser, and I'd be tempted to beat him up. But I'm trying to work on it and become someone I actually like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometmes I do. Sometimes I don't. Its ok to not be in awe of one-self all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I very much love myself! The key is to accept and love your flaws, that's the hard part. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • One minute I do, the next I don't...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't love myself a whole lot but I try my very best

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say I "love" myself. I'm alright.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do, I love myself cause I'm awesome :D.

1|0
    0|0
  • Juz hand meh a knife alrdy GAWD DAMMIT!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Every morning.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I don't love myself then I won't get loved.. LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes more then love loves it's self

1|0
    0|0
  • Most times I do yes, but sometimes I dont

1|0
    0|0
  • Not only do I love myself, I'm the only person I can truly say I care about.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Always

1|0
    0|0
  • nope, I fucking HATE me <_<

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try, but it's not easy...

1|0
    0|0
  • Ow yeah, who's this big guy? It's me Ayzz

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. no I don't

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• I would say that I like myself. I have some things to improve, but I am starting to think that I'm awesome. Sounds cocky, I know.
    I think lack of confidence is a real turn-off. I met a guy a couple weeks ago and the first thing he asked me was if I thought he was attractive. TOTAL. TURN. OFF.
    So be confident! ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm learning to :) It takes a bit of complimenting myself without getting cocky, forgiving myself without feeling guilty, celebrating myself when things go right, accepting flaws and enhancing what I can, and getting back up when things go wrong. While other forms of love are more passive, it's a bit more of an active effort to love oneself I would say. We are our own worse critics.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do now :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I tend to sometimes when I realized that if I don't love myself, then it means that no one else does.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm starting to love myself. I still have a long way to go, but I think I'm getting there.
    A few more years and I will be able to say that about myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't love everything about my appearance, but I adore myself! I crack myself up all the time. I'm the best.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I try my best to

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Nooope. I have uh.. A lot of problems with myself.

1|2
    0|0
  • lol yes and no. I think I am a good person with a huge heart but then I also think I am a major bitch and a shitty person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes, other times not so much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do
    There are still things I need to work on, but I'm happy with the person I've become in general

1|0
    0|0
  • I love that i had such a beautiful daughter.
    Other than that i don't really like myself. haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. If I don't no one else will.

1|0
    0|0
  • me and myself are frenemies

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, yes I do love myself :) <3 Do you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate myself, but i like happily hate myself if that makes sense?

1|0
    0|0