Is it sad that I'm intelligent and a loner with no friends or is that a good thing?

I'm really shy but I kow how to treat others well.

• Sad, and why?
  • Good, and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of the same tbh. (Well, 'intelligent' is questionable..). I get lonely but only ever want to hang out/ talk to my 'favourite' people because I generally find other social situations really draining. And it's suckish

Most Helpful Guy

• depends. how comfortable are you existing with minimal contact from others? if you can handle that then you should be ok, integrity still means something even today.

• Kinda can't handle it. :(

• sorry dude, you might need to find a way to break out of your shell if that's your disposition.

What Girls Said 2

• I think intelligence shouldn't inhibit you to make friends, perhaps you just haven't found like-minded people. If you're in a college, why not take part in more intellectual games like chess? You'll meet nice people in chess

• Intelligent is gooood, use that intelligence to become more sociable tho :)

What Guys Said 3

• You need like minded people, but it also helps if you learn about the way social relationships work.

• People like being alone. but they don't like being lonely.

• The smarter you get, the more sad you become. You could just be extremely introverted.