Why are emo guys so hot? and why do none live near me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You would find them hot because you identify with them. There will be something about their style that you either express yourself, or want to express but cannot. There is probably some kind of shared emotional resonance - emo guys usually are somewhat broken, are emotional (hence the name), have a 'sad story to tell'. They feel misunderstood and don't feel like they fit in to 'normal' society - they feel that it is too judgmental and doesn't understand them. So, for you to be attracted to that, you would probably share some of those elements. Bullied, maybe. Misunderstood. Sad events. Things like that. Things that make the expressive nature of emo guys seems comforting and relate-able to you.

As to why none live near you... small town, I would expect. It's not a super common subgroup, but it is not so rare that it doesn't exist in most major cities. For it to be present in smaller communities, or specific suburbs, there needs to have been enough people into it for it to hit critical mass. A couple kids at high school need to say 'fuck it' and just start dressing emo despite nobody else in school doing it. Then a couple more kids that feel like outsiders will start doing the same. And it will start to build a small subculture. The problem is, the subculture is defined by an outsider status, so it can be hard to build in the first place because the people that would want to build it are usually lacking the social currency to do so, or lack the confidence, or don't want to draw even more attention to themselves. Once the subculture is established it will be fine. It's just getting it going that is the hard part.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• Emo guys aren't as common as common guys, so that must explain why none lives near you. The attraction matter though, it's just what you like.

• How odd. In my day we were shunned, outcasts, disliked.

• why is an under 18 girl posting here?

• Because it let me xD duh lol u have to be 13 and up for this website im 15 xD

• Do those fucking scene kids still exist? I thought they all faded away after I left high school.

• They're not?

• You are simply attracted to emo guys. There is no answer to "why are emo guys so hot".

What Girls Said 2

• Ikr! I like emo guys too

• I feel ya... 😑